Scheduled Server Upgrade

Supreme Cmdr

The current website server which was upgraded back in 2001, is once again being upgraded this coming Sunday between 2AM to 4AM EST.

The forum will be closed around midnight on Saturday and will re-open when the upgrade is completed.

Is it just me, or is the forum search engine unable to find posts more than 30 days old, even using the option 'Any date'?

For example, I performed a search in the Politics and Religion section for the word 'iraq'. The search engine finds only 12 matches, the earliest of them being 04/04/2005.

If I look at the Politics and Religion section of the forum, using view topics from the last 60 days, there is a topic entitled 'Women fear losing rights in new Iraq', listed two from the bottom of the first page.

This seems to apply for all types of searches, at least in my experience.

I would have brought this up earlier, (I first noticed it a while ago), but I assumed it was something that would be adressed by this server upgrade.

(1) The server has not yet been upgraded

(2) I have no clue why search only brings up 30 day old results only.

(3) The server upgrade is a HW issue, not a SW issue; so it bears no relevance to the operation of the UBB forum software.