Stormcarrier

LordDavid

Derek posted in another thread:

quote:

The Stormcarrier is no longer a unit unique to the Gammulans. There never will be, race/caste specific units in BCG - only in BCO.

I was slightly disappointed upon first hearing this. The Stormcarrier was a trademark, or symbol if you will of the Gammulan might. We are, I would say, the most advanced and powerful race in the galaxy (excluding the unknown Galaxians), so should not we be the only ones who deserve the Stormcarrier?

But then I though, "Yes, we ARE Gammulan." We do not need a unique machine to be superiour to everyone else. We do not need an unfair advantage to win. Our commanders will still triumph. Now that other races can also use the Stormcarrier, perhaps they might even become just *slightly* competitive. Maybe we will actually have to break a sweat to win now. Bring it on I say!

What gets me even more excited is the last part of Derek's quote, "There never will be, race/caste specific units in BCG - only in BCO." I get from this statement in BCO, there will exists multiple race specific ships - so maybe GALCOM will have a ship we do not have; maybe the Syrions will have a ship we will not; and then we will have a ship that no one else has. This will add a lot more strategy to winning versus each different race/caste, forcing EVERYONE to change their strategy depending on who the opponent is. I am looking forewards to it.

Anyone else have any comments? (non-gammulans feel free to post here if you want to, but this WILL NOT turn into an Us vs You thread.)

quote:

We are, I would say, the most advanced and powerful race in the galaxy

Thats odd.. you gammulens seem to die so fast under the powerful of my Astrom

You die soooooooooo fast that it ain't funny

I think it's a shame you guys lost your trademark ship in BCG. It was like a way of knowing you were confronting a Gammulan. Thats why I like playing as the Terans so we have the challenge when faced with you guys. I like to play with the odds against me.

It would have been nice to have the trademark ships for all races in BCG and not just in BCO. Oh well, nevermind.