Whats the best tactick for thaking numerous hostiles

Pugwash

This might not be the best tactic it seems to work faily well for me and I'm wondering if anyone has a better tactic

you have between 30 and 40 hostiles (carriers,supercruisers,cruiser and fighters)attacking you 25 + missiles in space tracking you (cvd target seems to be limited to 25 targets but if you step through them with the full stop key you can get many more?)

Tactic set your jump target to a distant point (work best if you have max engin upgrade Numega and full power to engine) autopilot disengaged

wait untill the hostiles are swarming round you, keep the afterburners on you must keep your speed up while turning never fly in a straight line for to long you will just get headbutted (those dam starcarriers)

hit the auto pilot when jump engines are fully charged (you also have to wait until the hostiles jump engines have charged)

before you reach your destinatin select a new jump target switch off auto pilot hit the afterburners as you approach destination and veer off sharply from flight path

pick off the largest ship for max exps

repeat

the effect your exploiting the jump weakness in the game where objects junp on top of each other and damage each other

anyone got something better

I simply use retros and AB to keep away from the PTA while my PTA and IOD creams them. If I feel like it i'll launch my IC's to clean up. biggrin.gif

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

I use that method of circling while waiting for jump engine to recharge.

pta at 60-80 depending on fire rate I want and watching the CVD for angel of attack closing speed

if hostile is directly infront closing speed 4000+ distance 4 angle of attack head on then hit the retro's to get more shots in and risk other hostiles bouncing off you hull or veer off sharply and go round again

iod set 30-60 and every now and then make a head on or rear on attack untill iod is drained

prob with this type of attack when there are many hostile and many missiles is to maintain speed you cannot afford to match speed with enemy and pelt the from behind or they just keep bouncing off the hull and you get too many missile hits

I tend not to use the ECM as it becomes more difficult to see whats happening once you jump your out of range of the missiles after the hostiles run short of missiles things get easy try you method on my script (GBS forum) at Pixan it took me 45 mins to take out the hostiles and only in the last 5 to 10 mins did it become easy.

one other thing use a joystick with a hat and 4 buttons so that you can can roll the bc to get better fire resolution alt J for tatget mode and you can zip throught the targets and still keep your other hand on the keyboard for the AB and RR unless you have a throttle

[This message has been edited by Pugwash (edited 03-10-2001).]

EMD is a very effective tool in BC3K, learn to use it. If you use it properly you won't have to worry about jumping to loose the missiles. Then using retros and AB while you are turning, it makes it prety simple to dodge the enemy PTA for the most part and still hit them with yours.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

• 1 month later...

I have to say I'm in awe, I am a newbie I have been playing BC3000 for a while now and have clocked up some kills but NEVER in my wildest dreams would I ever be able to pull of what you guys are talking about. I am still at the stage were even on decent sized enemy ship can(and usually will) kick my ass.

If I'm lucky my BC limps away BADLY damaged if not I get the lovely death screen. I have lost many commands this way, has anybody any advice or am I looking in the wrong forum?

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

I have to say I'm in awe, I am a newbie I have been playing BC3000 for a while now and have clocked up some kills but NEVER in my wildest dreams would I ever be able to pull of what you guys are talking about. I am still at the stage were even on decent sized enemy ship can(and usually will) kick my ass.

If I'm lucky my BC limps away BADLY damaged if not I get the lovely death screen. I have lost many commands this way, has anybody any advice or am I looking in the wrong forum?

Study the tactics, chief. You'll learn it!

I'm doing my best now that I have time to access the forums again I'm reading as much as I can and trying to learn as much as possible, sitting down with BC3K to test new tactics as I can(I still haven't mastered all the controls in BC3K) I don't want my first Insurgent encounter to end with my BC Blowing up in a huge ball of flame. I'd also like to prove myself worth to wraith command of being able to command one of the larger carriers, so I'm constantly studing and learning.