Phased Array Ion Disruptor Question

Guest Melanie650

Guest Melanie650

I have a question about this artifact. Does it ever wear out cause I bought one and installed it and it was working just fine until a few hours later when I discovered it not working anymore and that it was gone from my cargo bay. I've been attacked a few times but my shields never totally collapsed so I'm thinking it couldn't of been damaged.

Did you have any intruders? Perhaps it was stolen. Or maybe they didn't quite steal it, check your shuttles.

How long did it take to get the necessary AI?

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: Urza ]

I install one too on questar. works fine.

but JAC and Celestial Orb dont do anything. and req. say 'nothing'.

After 5 hours my ppl are still gettng tired and my main com. is at 50%.

I remember in BC3K when i got Orb on board RE

said something like "intalling celestial Orb"

nothing happened anyway didnt heal anyone.

I donno if Orb and Jac need RE to analyze them.

couse cruisers dont have RE.

Celestial Orb and JAC work just fine once you have met the required AI.

I spent a very large amount of time verifying that these and other artifacts worked as described, some had to be "tweaked" but by beta230906 or beta230907 they worked 100% guaranteed.

Those intruders seem to be able to load shuttles faster than I can, you can be in mid battle (intruders onboard) and the PAD will go off line you check tactical and find a shuttle or two full to the brim with spare parts, empty them, then back to the bridge and if your marines don't get a move on they can steal the PAD again.

Celestial Orb is a must have piece of equipment, once its up and running you will be able to have all the crew on duty 100% of the time.

No need to send those injured marines to Medibay or off duty, the medics and Orb will take care of their injuries then the Orb will take care of any resulting FF.

Ok who should meet the req. AI

this is part from appendix:

"3.CELESTIAL ORB

Use:

This artifact has very powerful healing properties. It cures the injuries and ailments of anyone who is exposed to it. If the ORB artifact is in inventory, then every 5 mins, EVERYBODY on board (not including prisoners and intruders) get +1 LF and -1 FF

Required to operate:

Nothing. As long as it is on the ship, it just works."

I dont see anything about req. AI here.

I am not saying they dont work. i am saying they dont work for me. and there is nothing in Apendix about req.AI for Orb or JAC.

the only Arifacts that need officer AI are

HSD, ENM, TMCD, and RANDOM.

is there updated appendix somewhere?

pugwash, did you find your PAD in the shuttles?

I lose my PAD every time, I check all cargo bays, even the vehicle's and transporter, my PAD is always gone. I wonder how those bastiges lug around an entire cap ship weapons system on the backs .

It's the AI of Jo Lanix Research Engineer that's the controlling factor here's the extract from the appendix, but as already said some will work to varying degrees with out being researched???

quote:

When an artifact is first brought on-board, you will not be able to use it if the Research Engineer

is not on-station or is unable to analyze it. Each time an artifact is brought on-board, it takes a random time between 30 and 60 minutes for the Research Engineer to analyze it based on her AI level. When this analysis is complete, the item becomes available for use and can be installed if applicable. The higher the Research Engineer's AI, the shorter the time taken to complete the analysis. This time also depends on the fatigue and life factors. The required AI factor for the analysis of all artifacts is listed below. If the Research Engineer does not have the required AI level, she will not be able to analyze the artifact and you will be unable to use it.

Upgrade artifacts such as the TACYON ANAGRAM SHIELD and the KARANIAN MARK IV REACTOR are only available as upgrades in Logistix after they have been analyzed. The installed flag for all others is set only when they have been analyzed. This means that the HYPERSION SUBSPACE DEVICE, for instance, cannot be used until after it has been analyzed even though it's on the ship.

TASKS: AI

Monitoring of dangerous mineral levels on ship 25

Hyperion SubSpace Device 75

Tacyon Anagram Shield 65

Trans-Matrix Cloaking Device 75

Karanian Mark IV Reactor 65

R.A.N.D.O.M weapon 100

R.A.N.D.O.M decoder 100

Enhanced Nav Module 50

Celestial Orb 50

Just Another Cyborg, J.A.C 85

Phased Array IOD 85

Well I could have sworn some of those AI levels were lower maybe they have been "tweaked" since last time I looked?

Off the top of my head I would of said that the orb required the RE AI to be 35 and JAC 50 glad I check the appendix before I posted.

quote:

pugwash, did you find your PAD in the shuttles?

using beta code you could always find it in a shuttle, but haven't lost it with release code yet. I normally keep the shuttles full of spare parts i.e. a couple of life support systems replacement computers, engines, shields, reactors you know the bare essential incase I need them and use the cargobays for trading items.

CYA

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: Pugwash ]

Ok thx for clrearing AI thing.

No wonder i cant use artifacts i am flying cruiser.

And cruisers dont have RE on board.

I guess i wont be able to use my artifacts like it or not. Kinda sucks that i have to have carrier to use artifacts.

then again i can use Phased Array IOD just fine.

(not as affective as main gun but fun sometimes)

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: EAGLE ]