Question on pilotless FC's

Martin Wiinholt

Does anyone know how to retrieve an FC whose pilot (no copilot) has been killed, but is otherwise almost intact (green with minor damages)? Sending SC's with Tow/Deliver orders only makes the SC's leave them 0,2 kms from the CC, but short of actually giving them to the CC, and the same goes for stations. I just can't figure out a way to make them return to base ?

If you tractor it with your CC, then you can bring it aboard, providing you have power to your launch control, and also to the tractor beam on your CC.

I think you can select 'DELIVER TO...' Option for your SC too, but I cant remember off hand without trying it out myself so I may be wrong on that one, but doesnt mean you cant try it anyway

I found a minor problem with retrieving an FC the way you just described. I had the power to the launch bay turned off (as a security measure). The first time I locked on with the tractor beam, I was asked if I wanted to retrieve it and I said yes. Then, I was reminded that there was no power to the launch bay. So I went and restored power but I was not given another chance to retrieve the FC. I tried several times.

quote:

Originally posted by Greybeard:

I found a minor problem with retrieving an FC the way you just described. I had the power to the launch bay turned off (as a security measure). The first time I locked on with the tractor beam, I was asked if I wanted to retrieve it and I said yes. Then, I was reminded that there was no power to the launch bay. So I went and restored power but I was not given another chance to retrieve the FC. I tried several times.

That sounds like a bug. Will look into it right now.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

That sounds like a bug. Will look into it right now.

I checked this out and its not a bug. It works just fine. I suspect that you still had the tractor beam engaged when you went and turned on power to launch control. That WON'T work. In a case like this, you have to disengage the tractor, turn power back on, then recapture the craft. You will then be prompted again.