how to kill a storm carrier

chrismoney7

Guest Fox__Trot

i've never had a problem killing a stormcarrier even ones that are cloaked and decloak right behind me since I usualy keep a lone fighter out at all times *always leves 2 more ready and 1 readying itself* ... just real easy to kill

• 9 months later...

Hmmmm....

The first Stormcarrier I ran into came at me by uncloaking to my aft and unloading it's fighter compliment. The fighters were really no problem and the Stormcarrier went up like a bundle of matchsticks in an arc furnace. So much for the "might of the Gammulans"... I wasn't too impressed, but I was scared when it first uncloaked.... I just happened to have hit the aft view button when it uncloaked. Spooky.

All you have to do is pound them to dust with your main guns and methodically pick off the fighters one by one, using missiles only for the pesky ones that seem to dodge PTA fire....

the last Stormcarrier I met thought I was busy with a cruiser and tried decloaking right under me. I just raked for aft to fore with my primary cannons... one DED stormcarrier.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I had one come out of Hyperjump so close to me, I ordered all my marines to the airlocks and had them throw grenades out at it.

Then there was another time I came out of jump and intercepted the beast harrassing some commercial traffic. I put its main guns towards me. However the violon I was using easily weaved AROUND the main cannon fire until I chewed him up and reduced him to SLAG.

No matter your firepower, if you can't hit a target, it's a waste.

These things may look menacing but they haven't been much of a threat. I have found it handy however, that when one is jumping toward you or is about to exit jump right after you, move toward it for a few secs so when it comes out of HS, it over shoots you or has to do a hard turn to avoid a collision. Either way the beast is in a position to do nothing but welcome the warm embrace of your main guns. No missiles necessary.

Any ship is vulnerable for the 10 seconds or so it takes to fully emerge from Hyperspace and start moving.

As soon as I hear 'Warning, Acquired' I point the nose of the ship and the incoming attacker and so soon as they emerge from Hyperspace blast them with three or 4 STS missiles and follow up with the main guns.

At this point, if the enemy is still in action then you need to get away from the main guns and PTA's - PTA's never seem to miss!

Simplest way to avoid a lock is to cloak even if its for a few seconds, sneak up close and let rip!

Oh, and I'm flying a Battlecruiser Mark III. Great ship, solid, reliable, fast, manoeuvrable and packs quite a punch!

quote:

Originally posted by Kazinar:

Any ship is vulnerable for the 10 seconds or so it takes to fully emerge from Hyperspace and start moving.

As soon as I hear 'Warning, Acquired' I point the nose of the ship and the incoming attacker and so soon as they emerge from Hyperspace blast them with three or 4 STS missiles and follow up with the main guns.

Am I the only one that likes to use crab mines in this situation?

Nothing like disposable gun emplacements to ruin someones day.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

quote:

Originally posted by TheBunny:

get a fast ship. load as many missles as you can. fly up its butt shooting missles. try to disable it flying towards a planet. when it lands R.A.N.D.O.M the planet. it should be dead.

could someone test that theory. im too poor and too inexperienced to even get close to that monster .

I've got a pretty good strategy for killing Stormcarriers.

1) Point main ship guns at Stormcarrier

2) Fire