The best trading plan

Guest jascatar

I stopped trading when my credit-balance showed 4G35 !!

I did this to get an estimate on how fast I could bring in new credits given the fact that I had enough money to start with.

Turned out to be 900 mil in 12 minutes loading and unloading plus the time to travel 5 spaceregions with a MkIII.

(Hmm, this is actually an answer to the question:"What to do with your spare time?")

quote:

Originally posted by Kasey Chang:

Which sorta brings up another question...

At what point do you consider that you have "enough" money?

200 mil?

100 mil?

50 mil?

25 mil?

Never, there is no such thing as too much money. If you think you have too much money load up on OTS's and use them then you will be poor again and need more money its a vicious cycle.

quote:

Never, there is no such thing as too much money. If you think you have too much money load up on OTS's and use them then you will be poor again and need more money its a vicious cycle.

Exactly! OTS weapons are great fun but expensive. If there are hostile mbases left, then you have not used enough OTS weapons

If you did not already know, here is a way to shed even more time off this wonderful plan.

When you are heading back to a station to trade, select the supply station rather than the starstation itself for HJ.

This will bring you at a range of about 1 from the starstation rather than 70 further reducing the time needed

I rated you Jasc...because that was the best trading plan i've seen. And i'm rich now with most of my Battlecruisermk2 upgrades maxed out. I would've given u a 10...but 5 is as high as we can go. Damn i love this game.

• 9 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Dambreville:

quote:

Exactly! OTS weapons are great fun but expensive. If there are hostile mbases left, then you have not used enough OTS weapons

All you need is one RANDOM for every planet in the universe.

Well, if you aint got the fuel for it, you could always use a shuttle. Just leave your CC someplace safe (Mine usually sits parked at Marathon Key, Fl), with HALT orders, then grab a shuttle and move some cargo. Once you got the bankroll for it and some upgrades, -then- start using your CC (for the larger cargo hold).

• 3 weeks later...

"All you need is one RANDOM for every planet in the universe."

i know im late on this topic but who cares....

i wonder if that would give you any xp at all using RANDOM's hmmmm i wish i could buy me one of those but my money is only 221k because im poor and my ship is in bad condition now that i know a good trade route its time to go!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have a favourite trade route they'd be willing to share for UC? (Provided whats being traded stays within GALCOM regulations ). I usually rely on mining/cargo sweeps for my funding but would love to start trading more if it turns out to be more profitable.

I always stick to the Galcom to Wraith trade run. I park my CC on Earth, shuttle to Galcom and load up on expensive weaponry, and jump to Wraith. I'm filthy rich in a few runs. Plus there's usually enough action from ongoing battles along the way that I can snag some cargo pods.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even bother with trading really, just the cargo pods my victims leave behind. Usually there's a juicy SDM in there or something worth lots. Have my ship upgraded in no time.

Running SDMs from Galcom to Wraith has always been profitable.

[ 08-05-2004, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: CedricB ]

• 4 weeks later...

Trash? There is normally a good STO or OTS floating around out there and even though I'm one the Galcom Good Guys sometimes you get there *just* too late to stop a transport being destroyed.....

I prefer the spoils of combat.

You never know what goodies an Insurgent Aestrom's gonna drop when you rip into it with weapons fire.

I started a new game on my laptop while I was out of the house today... I say, controls on my laptop are ten times harder to use. I don't even have a scroll lock button... at least, I couldn't FIND the damn thing.

As for my main game... Something's jacked with my save game I've had gone three days into. I tried to do a copy transfer of my savegames from the main to the laptop so I could play... and that didn't work... but when I tried to play last night... my whole character and his savegame didn't even turn UP in the selector... but the save file is still there... (I even opened it up with wordpad, and even READ the character's name IN the file. AND his shipname.)

I was doing so WELL too... Well armed, well funded, starting the artifact hunt. WHY ME?!?!?!?

Unless someone knows how to UNJACK a JACKED savegame... I guess Captain Harlock and the ARCADIA are lost.

• 2 weeks later...

You're not far off with the items you selected but FPI-PSS gives a 87.5% better credits per displacement ratio but then you'd be lucky to find a station with enough stock to fill a weapons bay.

For the lazy among us here's a web page with the date you require.

UC trade data

I had to pad the numbers with zeros as a work around till I fix the sort code.

It's an activeX page so if you have Opera it won't work.

Just choose a filter, in your case AD items, hit submit, then click on the Price/Cd table header to sort on that column (click again to reverse sort)

Once you run out of cargo space in the shuttle runs to spend all those credits you've amassed it's time to use the old CC so apply an additional cargo bay filter to determine the item with the best ratio for the each bay,

Your CC may be around seven times slower than a MK1 Shuttle but depending on your choice of asset should have over eight times the cargo space without taking into account the fuel tanks.

Don't forget if you unload the CC's missiles you can then load up ODS and save the cargo space.

Also fill the Transporter, cargo pod, Shuttles (with OCs and drones unloaded) and OCs with cargo.

It takes time to move all the cargo about when loading and unloading but it does optimize your load.