UC Dev Status - Ship it or give it another month?

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Andergum:

This totally sucks.

Is there any way to buy the game directly from you??

Perhaps a pay for support situation???

I'd much rather give the $$$ to you than have to give any to a-holes like Dreamcatcher.

Yes, and don┬┤t forget about accept international orders !!!!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Solidburn:

I kinda hate to bring this up....but..what happens to those who have already pre-ordered the current UC build?

Meaning what? If you have ordered and paid for it, then they will ship you a game. What are you asking? Just remember, you get what you pay for.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Solidburn:

I kinda hate to bring this up....but..what happens to those who have already pre-ordered the current UC build?

Meaning what? If you have ordered and paid for it, then they will ship you a game. What are you asking? Just remember, you get what you pay for.

Uhm, let me see : NO demo, NO patches, NO suport.

People buying a game waiting for a support !!!!

Sorry, but it┬┤s not faire.

The best advice: Cancel the order and try to get your money back

Holy sh*t.... damn it, we get some good news that its already on manufacturing... and now this. I mean, this is just plain Crazy, how worse could it get now? screw Dreamcatcher i say, from the point of view of the gamer that i am i would say that this crap is completely untolerable.

SC & team, i really cant find the words inside me to explain how i feel deep inside. We here can only post and support you in this way, i (and i'm sure that most if not all of the community) am sorry that you have to go through all this, it is unbeliable, unfair and CRAZY.

Let's hope for the best!

Well....in as long as it's a stable build, it'd be worth $20 for if nothing else a preview, and collection...right?

Considering how long I for one have been a fan of the Battle Cruiser series...$20 is a small price to pay

In reference to those "Deer-hunter" types....I don't think that will be much of an issue...after all..Battle Cruiser in Any form has one crucial requirement...Intelligence!

Well this is f'd up. I still plan on purchasing UC in the hopes that this will all change.

Provided there is speedy litigation, will you support UC if you make money through the law suit? It sounds to me as if you are washing your hands of it all and consider UC to be a dead product even before it's released.

Can't say I blame you SC, but it sucks BIG-TIME.

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

Provided there is speedy litigation, will you support UC if you make money through the law suit? It sounds to me as if you are washing your hands of it all and consider UC to be a dead product even before it's released.

Not really. If I can prevent them from actually shipping it, thereby getting them to release it at an industry standard price point, the problem goes away. If I don't succeed and it goes out at that, then there would probably be some sort of damages etc and which would end up compensating us for the shortfall in whatever units they had shipped at the time.

Naturally, if we do get a court injunction, then it causes them problems with the retailers.

At the end of the day, I cannot support the game if I can't make money from it. How could I?

From where I'm sitting, if they sell it at that prince - compromise or not - they'd have to give me double my royalty rates. I can't see that happening. So, I've now come out with all guns blazing and nobody is going to blame me for the end result. Especially given everythin this publisher has done to us.

Fact is. They are NOT going to get away with it. Period. I'd die first, before I see that happen.

Not only is dreamcatcher hurting your profits but aren't they hurting their profits too? When I bought the game last night, I noticed the price change and questioned the EB clerk about it. She had no clue why it was so cheap especially since her release list gave the price at $39.99. Did DC do this to piss you off because you held up their holiday income because you wanted to make sure your vision was complete?

I just checked my preorder on Gamespot:

$49.99 yet the item description shows $19.99 and it mistakenly says that the game is on "back order" instead of preorder.

And for those who may not know, Half-Life 2 has been bumped back to July.

Very annoying. It almost seems childish that a company would do something like this. Too bad it couldn't be something easy like a glitch in the system sending the wrong prices.

I think that it goes without saying we are behind you all the way Derek.

Good luck

I did a number of years ago, It was called Traitors Gate. It was a very huge and long game (4 Cds). Had to use the walk-throughs to complete the bloody thing, was pretty sweet though. Very engaging. But from what I recall, it sold at $19.99 back then also. Not much has changed...

But back on topic...

I'm pissed.

I want my UC, I want my 3000ad game support, and I want this franchise to kickass? But with all these

conflicts going on, I can't really see that happening...

Why can't we all just get along?

quote:

They are NOT going to get away with it. Period. I'd die first, before I see that happen.

Go get 'em SC. I'm very disappointed to see that a corporation that should be interested in making money (DC) is going to drop to such a low level to get some minor "revenge" on the RC fiasco. This is shooting themselves in the head because:

1) They will barely be able to cover their own expenditures at the 19.99 price point

2) No developer in their right mind will sign with them again knowing how they've treated developers in the past.

So, with no developers to make games and no gamers to buy the games that are no longer being developed DC can kiss themselves goodbye. Is it good to know that you've signed your own death sentence?

Since I'm not used to do pre-orders and that I don't have put a pre-order on UC..... I think that I'll stay with BCMG at lest for now.

If I've understood well the UC gold version or the sequel will be released without the DC hand on it; so that's what I'll be surely buying.

That's for now and untill things change.

Sorry SC if this will damage you, but it still seems unfair to me for you and 3000AD.

Man, I'm literally praying that something gets worked out soon...

It would be a shame to see UC go down the tubes because of this mess...

Haha, I guess all this goes to show how stressful life can be for a game developer.

Not, profession that I'd be willing to pursue. I can tell you that!

Good Luck SC,

Your loyal fans are behind you all the way!!

Just letting you know that I have cancled my pre-order in protest. I would perfer to buy a $40 game and get great support then to spend $20 and get no support. Besides I love BCMG so UC would of been just as great (I am new to the BC games until the last few months)

Im going to try to cancel my pre-order...and I know this is not what DS said to do...

But I can always purchase the game if things get straightened out...

To leave pre-order in will only be good for DC if anyone.

I do this with regret, tho , as I was looking forward to the game (even tho it was published by DC) But I can wait for a DS approved copy, be it after litigation or be it the next game being developed.