Universal Combat : A World Apart - NOW ON SALE!!

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Obviously not impatient enough or you'd have ordered it by now.

LOL, yeah, but I didn't know how difficult getting all the digital releases sorted out would be, you've made that clear.

Got several emails from BMT already, looks like they were an excellent, reliable choice for the supplier. Can't wait for it to get here!

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Did you order the new manual and keyboard sheet?

Thought I'd kick the tires a bit first. Playing your games is like riding a bike. But now that you mention it, I think I will for the collectors value of it. (and to help you recoup for printing them in the first place )

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

But now that you mention it, I think I will for the collectors value of it.

Are you kdding me? Just think of the Ebay possibilites a few years down the road for the limited edition UCAWA keysheet.

But seriously, I try to get anything thats related to BC/UC, often in duplicate. I'm just waiting for the SC to open an online store, selling t-shirts, coffee mugs and whatnot. I'd buy it all!

Yeah....t-shirts, hats, sweats, and slippers!! Don't forget decals for my PC and posters for my computer room.

Picture that in your mind: middle-aged man in full BC/UC regalia, drinking out of a BC/UC branded mug, furiously feeding insurgents hot photons!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

...or boots with Resnig's name emblazoned on the toes

Ahhh, Resnig.

How about this t-shirt. On the front...

"My AE beamed down to EARTH/TER-INS/EARTH17[NBASE]/CITY01 with this man:"

*pic of Resnig*

and on the back...

"And he lived to talk about it!"

The frowns you would get would be precious.

Woohoo! AWA landed on my doorstep this morning, I can't wait to give it a go later when I get back from work.

One thing I would recommend though SC, you might want to get BMT to stick a couple of bits of selotape on each end of the cardboard sleeve that they send the disk in, mine was outside of it in the jiffybag. Probably good enough for short posts, but passing through royal mail is said to be similar to passing through a meatgrinder hehe...

ok... 5 and a half hours to go until my CC crew starts a mutany because i'm such a cool commander and everyone loves me (lol..)

Mine arrived today too along with the manual and key sheet. The disk was in its paper container but a couple of hard cardbox layer would have been good to have to ship on a trans-atlantic trip.... even if the manual is strurdy enough to save the disk...... but not everyone is buyin' it too.

Just ordered today, cheap bast*** ... er, frugal chap that I am. I was going to go the digital download route, but I'm not getting warm fuzzies about the copy protection problems.

I just realized that all 3 of my "main games" are putting out a new version this year (Oblivion and X3 should be out for Christmas). With 4 kids, I probably won't be seeing either of those before 2006. Better get UC-AWA now. Look forward to it.

Did you buy it already? Did everything go ok? Let me know when you've downloaded it and everything.

The order email should have your CD-KEY etc. That version is 1.00.04 (thats how long they've had it). So you need to use the in game updater to patch to 1.00.06 released earlier today.