Universal Combat CE has gone GOLD!!

Supreme Cmdr

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Spectre:

SC,

Is CE available yet and where can we get copies?

Thanks

Its not out yet. The boxed version will be out in late July to early August and the online version at some point in the future. An announcement will be made when either becomes available for purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick post to let you guys know that we have inked a distribution (we are self-publishing) deal with Gathering (a distribution arm of Take-Two) to distribute UCCE exclusively in North America. It will be availble for sale in July/August as previously stated.

We will be releasing some blurb about it next week, but I wanted to give you folks the heads up.

For those outside North America, I may release the digital distribution version on the same day as well. I have not yet made a decision on this because the main plan was for this to be a retail only distribution.

You can catch a glimpse of the WIP box art from the links below.

Front

Back

sales sheet

Also, the first thing folks (who owned previous games such as UCAWA and UCSE) are going to notice, is the performance improvement. We did some serious tinkering with this and the performance has nearly tripled over UCAWA/UCSE.

Then of course there are the other visual tweaks, native widescreen monitor support etc. A bunch of stuff here and there because I wanted to give the old gal a good send off. Hence the retail distribution. So, its not just the UCSE engine at work here, there's be a lot more work put into it.

WOOOO HOOOO !!!!!

I absolutely CAN NOT wait !!! The packaging looks fantastic ! Count me in for 2...

(Proud to be an American - Instant Gratification for the least effort possible!)

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Also, the first thing folks (who owned previous games such as UCAWA and UCSE) are going to notice, is the performance improvement. We did some serious tinkering with this and the performance has nearly tripled over UCAWA/UCSE.

How?? I dunno, maybe I was a special case, but I don't have any kind of gamelag in UCAWA at all! Looking forward to see the improvement I guess.

quote:

Then of course there are the other visual tweaks, native widescreen monitor support etc.

You just made my day.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr. WeeGee:

quote:

Then of course there are the other visual tweaks, native widescreen monitor support etc.

You just made my day.

Well, if you'd read the product info PDF file linked to on the products page, you'd have seen that there like, oh, a month ago?

quote:

Well, if you'd read the product info PDF file linked to on the products page, you'd have seen that there like, oh, a month ago?

Been too busy with my Comp Sci research methinks... What are you using for the new middleware audio engine? OpenAL?

Distributed by Take 2! (gasp) The horror ...the horror.

I hope it makes it into decent merchants. The Frys and Best Buys around here have one copy of BCMG and one copy of the original UC on their shelves. I kid you not. Walmart or Target? Forget it.

I've been following BC3000 since the beginning. I've cursed it, praised it, stayed up too late playing it, and have just really enjoyed the whole business surrounding the development of the BC series. I think it is a unique thing in the industry.

If you could bottle up all the tension and anticipation of BC fans waiting for each new release over the years there would be no energy crisis.

The development and marketing of the BC series is an incredible story of the persistent die-hard pursuit of a dream. You should sign a few copies of the last box set and run a contest for them or something.

• 2 weeks later...

To all forum users when UCCE is released does anybody fancy buying two copies instead of one and i will pay double the price of the game and shipping to uk. By any payment method you seem fit.

• 2 months later...

Take 2 have sent CE off to manufacturing. It is scheduled to hit North American store shelves on Oct. 1st.

Also, the game was recently rated T (with violence descriptor) by the ESRB.

The online distribution version will also be released through our existing partners (IGN, Digital River) during that week.

Unfortunately, due to licensing issues, BMT Micro will only be handling International and Canadian DVD-ROM orders.

• 1 month later...

OK, I called 2 local Best Buys, stopped in at Wal-Mart, Microcenter and Target... Is there a list of stores in Chicago where I can get 2 copies of UCCE????

OK, I called 2 local Best Buys, stopped in at Wal-Mart, Microcenter and Target... Is there a list of stores in Chicago where I can get 2 copies of UCCE????

It should be in some stores (e.g. EB Games) later this week. It only came out of manufacturing last week and got to the warehouses yesterday. Take2 called to advise me that I will be receiving some boxes today. I'll post some shots when I get them.

Anyway, by the end of the next week, all the stores that have their copies will have them for sale. Usually EB Games gets games quicker than most retailers. Check with them.

The digital distribution versions won't be out until around the end of Oct to early Nov due to the additional work involved (on their end). e.g. the DVD-ROM uses SecuROM copy protection, so that version cannot be used for the ESD (Electronic Service Distribution) versions because DigitalRiver, Direct2Drive etc all use a different copy protection scheme.

Also, for those of you buying the ESD versions, BMT Micro still has some printed UCAWA manuals in stock. Apart from very minor changes (art, updates due to some version updates etc) the printed UCAWA and UCCE manuals are functionally identical. Since the game also has the PDF manual included, you also get that in both the boxed and ESD versions.