BattleStar Galactica

LostInSpace

Another stellar episode Race. Things are starting to get muddy when Cylons start helping Humans.

Nothing is perfect though, and I have a complaint that has been building for about three episodes: It's a damn Humvee! Couldn't they have dropped a little cash for some fiberglass body work? And another thing, if their gonna use firearms, at least come up with some caseless bullet with it's own propulsion system. Heeeeey, maybe something like Gene Simmons gun in Runaway!! Oh well, thankfully the story itself is more than enough to compensate.

Don't worry Race, there are a lot of people diggin' BG's action.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tek! you are so right. I think they go out of thier way to make it less of a space opera and the technology gets in the way. At least we dont have the endless stream of tecno babble that the Star Trek series degenerated into. This is one way they can connect with non scifi fans. I just hope they dont go too far.

Yeah,

That old "reverse the polarity" trick, tachyon beams, and chronotrons did get kind of old. I still love Trek though and turn a blind eye to things that others hold up to a more critical assessment.

Hey, looks like this is our thread now! Good, I am getting a little worn with the Politics and Religion forums lately. You would think that people have more important things to talk about than that.

My dad now tapes three hours of sci fi for me. He started it. I only asked for the premiere. He decided on his own to do three hours now he done started something. One of them is Battlestar Galactica. They could pick up the pace a bit. Finding the rangers (?) on Caprica was a nice touch. Now to find a ship big enough to get them all off the planet. And then how in the world do they find the fleet? Hmmmm. I wonder if Starbuck's new boyfriend is gonna be a red shirt.

I'd like to see Boomer #3 get back to Galactica and confront Boomer #2. I consider Boomer #1 the one in the first season when all the copies went and saved that presidential liasion the Galactica crew abandoned.

Plus the philosophical question: If the Cylons want to kill the humans why do they want to be so much like them to the point of getting an ummm "organic" sample of DNA?

• 1 month later...

Oh man!!! Season finale coming up! So cool to see the president and Adama cozying up. I wonder if she will die in the middle of the next season? The doctor said it could be a matter of weeks right?

I am still really marveling over this show. Just an incredibly successful attempt at redefining and reinventing a show. Particularly impressive since the tone is decidedly darker than the original. It's like sci-fi crack to me!

It didn't in the original either.

Yeah, this is going to be fantastic.

BTW, it's Michelle Forbes, formerly Michelle Roche who is Admiral Cain (simply Commander Cain in the original series), not Nana Visitor. Always did have a thing for both of them.

I love this show. I have heard the criticisms but it is right up my alley. It depicts what it would really be like if your race was on the brink of extermination. They seemed to have a little too much fun on the original.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

Plus the philosophical question: If the Cylons want to kill the humans why do they want to be so much like them to the point of getting an ummm "organic" sample of DNA?

Keep in mind that Cylons are not Robots, they're Cybernetic Organisms. In other words, they are only part machine.

quote:

Originally posted by Teknocack Prime:

It didn't in the original either.

Yeah, this is going to be fantastic.

BTW, it's Michelle Forbes, formerly Michelle Roche who is Admiral Cain (simply Commander Cain in the original series), not Nana Visitor. Always did have a thing for both of them.

Also, in the original, "Commander" Cain was a guy.

Last show was ABSOLUTELY Awesome though, loved the way they did the double decoy, that was just brilliant strategy.

quote:

Originally posted by Prez:

It is a damn fine show, in my opinion. I watch VERY little TV, so I just rented the first season DVD and then went to Best Buy and bought it.

Glad to see you get sucked like the rest of us Prez!

Got my father into this

He's an oldie of the original BattleStar Galactica, but after watching this took an interest and now we have the first season

Damn I'm good at getting him hooked on these things

Personally, the show is very good, it's well written and deserves some credit, I don't like the fact they changed some of the characters (blast them >= ) but thats fine

• 3 months later...

After watching the last episode, I suddenly remembered why I hate TV sometimes and why it comes as no surprise when series' are cancelled.

Here I was, all geared up to see Cain take a bullet to the head. And they wishwashy it.....and she gets killed by an escaped Cylon.

Needless to say, its off my Tivo now for good. If this lasts past season four, I'd been very surprised.

Anyone listening to the Podcast commentaries? I didn't feel it was wussing out to pull back from that possibility. Cain had her victory over the Cylon fleet, Adama was reluctant to do it in the first place, and officers historically dislike the subterfuge of what each had planned.

Loved it, am fascinated and will continue to watch avidly. I'm actually buying them the day after and watching them on my TV with my video iPod that I got for Christmas!

It was bullshit. A complete cop out IMO.

First they cop out on the fleet vs fleet battle. Then they capped it with this rubbish.

Thats why I like 24. They don't fool around.

I bet the president's cancer is going to disappear one day. Just like that.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

BSG is alright and all but

*sigh*

I sure wish they would remake the Six Million Dollar man, except stay true to the Original book (which I have read about 5 times). No cheese, serious covert mercenary action with a cyborg twist.

-Cant Run 60mph, can maintain better than Olympic speed for hours.

-Cant Jump 10 stories in a single bound. Can flat jump about 10' straight up.

-Arm can lift about 1 Ton.

-Bones were actually reinforced to handle the stress.

- Eye can only take pictures (or in this age video) cant actually see.

-Major mental issues and fits of depression as Steve deals with the feelings that he is not ÔÇ£humanÔÇØ anymore.

IMO, This would best any SCifi show on TV today with the international intrigue you could do and have that "Superman" thing going as well.

Yup, poof! she's cured. I liked this one though. "You won't shoot me." POP!!!

They lost it. They need to go back to multiple story lines. Quit with the mini morality plays* already.

*Cylon fetal blood = stem cell research. Oh and the lovely abortion issue neatly wrapped up with it to boot.