Thunderbirds Remake

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Until about ten minutes ago, I had no idea that
was in the production.

What next? Green Hornet directed by John Woo?

Oh no!!! See, see what I'm talking about!! Thank you bloody BattleStar Galactica. Now that it seems to be a hit. Be prepared for more T.V. show remakes. God help us. UGO Cinema Confidential

Nah I doubt the Green Hornet more like someone will do a Waltons:The violent disfunctional years.

• 5 months later...

I saw the new trailer for this one yesterday, prior to the new Harry Potter movie. It looks really good. In fact, its not as cheesy as the Spy Kids trailer, but the movie seems to be in the same vein though.

Hmmm...as said earlier, I cant see a live-action Thunderbirds being quite right. Now, maybe if Mainframe (ReBoot, Beast Wars) was hired for a CG version, I could see that. Could also, -possibly- see an animated version. But surely something other than live-action.

I viewed the trailer and it seemed more like a good anime cartoon, rather than live actors.

The original Thunderbirds TV series, as I recall, was done with puppets, which wasn't something new at all.

I'm sure my fellow old timers here will recall another TV series called Fireball XL-5, which also used alot of strings and pyrotechnical toys.

Since I am a fanatical fan of any and all types of science fiction,Thunderbirds the Movie looks interesting.

How about 5 sequels to Spaceballs? "Please stop hitting me with your schwartz"

Ok, after getting a chance to see the trailers I now stand corrected. It could actually be a decent movie.

The ships actually still have that model look to them, and the designs didnt change much at all (Thunderbird 2 still looks badass)

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

I'm sure my fellow old timers here will recall another TV series called Fireball XL-5, which also used alot of strings and pyrotechnical toys.

And Captain Scarlett and Supercar (not the Italian "Supercar" ... which was Night Rider under a different name and not done with marionettes). Also Space 1999, which used the same people to do the special effects.

Edit: Err, I think it was spelled "Knight Rider" ... "Knight Ryder"? Or was that Wynona Ryder?

[ 06-08-2004, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: Marvin ]