Night at the Movies - Austin Powers 3: Goldmember

Dear Lord, if they continued to make funny movies like this, I swear I'll be good. Honest!!

This movie it laugh-out-loud hilarious from start to finish.

I was eating from a bag of chocolate covered almonds and I think half the bag ended up a few rows ahead each time I laughed. Naturally, one landed on some poor sap's head and there I was frozen in my seat and staring straight at the screen oblivious to the carnage I was causing up front.

This movie was HILARIOUS. No, seriously, go see it.

10/10

10/10

The first 15 min really sets the tone of the whole thing. Can't stop laughing afterwards... except at the gross parts with GM....

HINT: "That's a keeper"

SC Quote in his review of "Undercover Brother":

"Absolutely hilarious. Though I still think that National Lampoon's Van Wilder still holds my record for being the funniest film so far this year."

Just curious SC, does this still hold true?

As for me, I loved it!

9.5/10

I docked it .5 only because some jokes lacked a sense of orginiality and unpredictibility that previous movies had plenty of. Otherwise fantastic! A must see!

Oh, and Britney Spears should be made an American Princess, she is absolute royalty! We should all pay a small tax so that she can tour more publically and maintain morale. Just like the Brittish Royals, its not about substance, but maintaining a particular ideal that every citizen can feel proud that they had a hand in shaping. One that is truly untouchable yet feels so near to our grasp!

[ 07-29-2002, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: goaliejerry ]

quote:

Originally posted by Urza:

Easily the funniest film I've seen in a long time. I think some of my Raisinettes ended up a few rows ahead of me, as well.

9/10

Hmm this may explain why were finding more candy on the floor then normal

Im a huge fan of the Austin Powers series, but after having seen Goldmember today I dont actualy rate it that highly. It lacked the originality of the first, basically repeated the same jokes from the second and didnt bring anything new to the series. Sure, it had it's moments - some of which were fantastic, but all in all I was dissapointed by Goldmember. Having said that, I wasnt too taken with AP2 until I watched it a couple of times on video a few months later. Maybe it will grow on me. Dunno.

6/10 - Ok, but not great.

quote:

Originally posted by JaxFox:

quote:

Originally posted by Urza:

Easily the funniest film I've seen in a long time. I think some of my Raisinettes ended up a few rows ahead of me, as well.

9/10

Hmm this may explain why were finding more candy on the floor then normal

Trust me, that's true; I'm the guy that has to clean it all up when the movie's over!