Ender's Game - The Movie

Darklight

I'm sure some of you must have read this book by Orson Scott Card. If you haven't, you should.

I think it's brilliant.

Warner Bro's has optioned Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow for production as a single movie. Both are essentially the same story told from the view point of two different characters, so it makes sense I guess. I'd prefer two movies.

The writers for X-men 2, Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty, have been signed to write the final screenplay, and Wolfgang Petersen (Das Boot, Airforce One, The Perfect Storm) is the Director.

You can read the original Short Story that spawned the whole thing at Mr. Card's website.

Here is a direct link to the story.

http://www.hatrack.com/osc/stories/enders-game.shtml

They better not screw this up.

Here is a link to Fresco Pictures, who have been trying to get this done for many years. Not much to see yet except news.

http://www.frescopictures.com/movies/ender...ame_update.html

This could be one of the best movies ever...

I have read every Enders Game book that was ever made (except maybe for this other one, I think it was called First Encounters or something like that, can't find it in the library tho )

I really hope that they do this well, it should be a great movie.

quote:

Originally posted by Darklight:

They better not screw this up.

Here is a link to Fresco Pictures, who have been trying to get this done for many years. Not much to see yet except news.

[/QB]

Got that right, Enders game is one of my all time favorites, but if they do a starship troopers on this movie, I will be highly agitated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

having just read the book for the first time, I was absolutely blown away. I like star trek and star wars but this stuff is just different and great. I was blown away at the ending.

I see its 2 years later now and this movie is slated for 2008 according to IMDB with Wolfgand still attached.

I wonder how they will do the battle room...

True. Ender's Game is an awesome book ( I recommend it every time the topic of great reads come up in conversation) and the two sequels Speaker For the Dead and Xenocide give it a run for it's money. Tried to read the other's in the series but couldn't get beyond the first couple of chapters for some reason.

Anyhow, here's hoping they dont ruin it.

Ender is at the center of focus in Xenocide, but he is not the only person in the spotlight anymore.

The whole feel of the series changes drastically between Ender's game and Xenocide.

EG was basically a moral play on the ethics and methodology of carrying out the last Bugger war.

Xenocide is all about the ramificationsa nd redemption of the mass genocide.

Children of the mind while interesting, essentially succumbed to Card's main flaw. He just can't do any more then two books in a series very well. He falls under the weight of his own mythos in each and every series. He adds so much fluff in the forms of rules, and morals that it stops becoming enjoyable. :

I have yet to read a card Series that was still good beyond the second book. Whether it be Ender, Alvin Maker, or the Shadow series. *sigh*

As much as I generally like Wolfgang Peterson, I do not trust Harris and Dougherty as writers. To date, their stuff has been geeky and tongue-in-cheek. Peterson is the right director, but it won't help a movie based on a lousy script written by douchebags who watch too many saturday morning cartoons.