Batman Begins

rjy01

quote:

Did you read DK2. I really dislike it. I guess becuase Frank Miller doesn't like Superman, and the art was crappy.

Agreed. I thought it betrayed the ending if DK1. I heard a rumor that Miller was having some alcohol problems at the time which delayed the release of issues two and three. Very sad. I think I just read somewhere that he retired.

It actually looks like you could actually drive it. That is more than I could say about the last incarnation. Personally, I love the first one from the original series. When I was a kid I put a model of it together and it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Personally, I love the first one from the original series

ya me too. although im too young to see the originals, i did see reruns that old school one was awesome. wasnt it a ford galaxy or something?

and the "new" one reminds me of those warthogs from HALO.

quote:

wasnt it a ford galaxy or something?

Sort of... The very first Batmobile was a one of a kind 1955 Lincoln Futura concept car, Retrofitted by the famous Los Angeles customizer. George Barris.

There were 6 replicas produced from molds of the original, for display at car shows. One was produced on a Ford Thunderbird chassis, the rest were built on a lengthened Ford Galaxie chassis.

I have eyeballed some of the copies in person, they were disappointing to say the least.

The current 1966 Batmobile is still owned by Mr. Barris and is worth 1 million dollars.

Barris purchased the '55 Futura for $250,000.

One of the few cars that came out of Detroit that didn't depreciate in value.

[ 04-03-2004, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Wolferz ]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...