Trailer - DOOM

LostInSpace

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

This movie should have been made a long time ago and stared Arnold.

Seriously.. The central character is perfect for him.

There is no way this movie can be made in any form that will be pure to the source material. For instance.. They will have a strong Female Co star, some "team" of marines with various personalities and other "Crap" that will turn it into every other formula movie that they make these days.

Actually this movie should be shot with a Strong Single lead and perhaps a chick who is on the other end of the Com directing his action or something like that. What would be best is no chicks at all and film it like it should be. A really scary dark flick like doom-III that follows a single strong male lead character 90% of the time. With no comic relief or other stupid nonsense.

Which will never happen of course. it will be Cheese Cheese Cheese.

• 10 months later...

you guys harp on one guy based on cradle2 the grave?

alot of directors whove made one good movie or selected for big movie projects have only made a couple mediocre movies before. you think chris nolan was the wisest choice for batman based on his previous two movies? no way, but he is skilled. adapts.

Great- it really *is* a zombie movie. Why did id let this happen? The whole Hell concept is what made Doom... well... Doom.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

you think chris nolan was the wisest choice for batman based on his previous two movies?

Yes.

Oh, yeah, here's one of those REAL DooM-maniacs, having played the games, read the (quite bad) book and now waiting for the movie. All I want is a nice baron of hell, the cyberdemon, and he he he, I'm somewhat lucky.

plot? what plot...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Grayfox

i dunno... trailer didnt really impress me. and parts just looked downright silly... looks more like an IMAX movie.

maybe some of scriv is rubbing off, but im not holding my breath on this one.

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

Saw the Trailer at "the Cave". It looks really really stupid.

Teh "fps" scenes are some of the cheesiest stuff of all time.

I just cant believe that Carmack and Id let this happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little confused...

The synopsis on www.doommovie.com says the monsters are demons that have come through a dimensional gateway to hell - ala the doom games.

But the impression I get from the trailer is that the monsters are the results of a genetic experiment gone wrong - ala generic zombie movies.

So storyline is the one being used for the movie. As much as I hope for the first one, I pretty much know it's the second one...