State of the Union

Anybody else watch that campaign speech?

it didn't come close to a state of the Union address. Mr Bush sttood there and verbally wrote checks to the tune of $7 billion. and here I am jobless, broke, and unable to work thanks to Uncle Sam and his regulations. I guees the lower snd middle class are again be asked to pick up the tab for everything, since Uncle Bush wants to do away with taxes on dividends. SO the rich can get richer and the poor pay for it. What a Smuck at least ! I got a laugh watching all those butt kissers getting up and sitting down.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful Wolfie , you are supposed to complement the Emperor's new clothes not point out his nakedness. You (like me and Menchise and Eps5) won't be very popular around here. Just sit back and wait for the trickle-down. The war is only going to cost 50 or 100 billion there will be plenty left for the middle class afterwards. Oh yeah I got some wonderful beachfront property in Iowa if you believe that last one.

Pressed for time, let me say one thing. Not only does the president propose a large decrease in governmental revenue (i.e. targeted tax cuts), he is preparing for the prosecution of a full scale war, and still proposing new programs. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. I don't buy his logic that a tax cut gives more money to the people to pump into the economy, thus stimulating growth and creating jobs. His last little $300 refund was used by people to pay down debts and had little if any dicernable effect on the economy. Unemployment is a problem and the solution to it is to give money back to those who work? Hmmmmm.

P.S. I don't nessecarily agree that all tax cuts are bad, however I just want the numbers to be clear and equitable across the board. Favorship of the rich is a dangerous perception, true or not, considering the ever growing gap between the upper and lower classes.

quote:

P.S. I don't nessecarily agree that all tax cuts are bad, however I just want the numbers to be clear and equitable across the board. Favorship of the rich is a dangerous perception, true or not, considering the ever growing gap between the upper and lower classes.

If you want the numbers to be "fair" and "equitable" across the board, why not make paying taxes FAIR and EQUITABLE across the board?

Why is it that top income earners are paying more than the fair amount of taxes?

And if you want to know about this "ever growing gap", the Rich keep doing what made them rich, ditto for the poor.

I mean hell, I'm a 21 year old father of two, I have my own home, and I have a job and I pay my own bills.

And still I'm able to save anywhere from $500 - $700 per month because I don't go out spending my money on useless consumables. I buy what I NEED, when I have more than enough money I buy what I want.

People my age, with a similar paying job who live right down the road from me, who have no dependants, and no bills beyond rent and utilities, are ALWAYS broke - and they are SHARING the bills in one apartment, which total up less than what I'm paying.

I have more things that I HAVE to spend money on and yet I'm never broke.

Think about it.

quote:

Originally posted by goaliejerry:

I don't buy his logic that a tax cut gives more money to the people to pump into the economy, thus stimulating growth and creating jobs.

They can, just look at the tax cuts of the 80s. The major problem here is timing. He proposed several million dollar plans, and a war with Iraq, yet he's cutting taxes therefore increasing the deficit. Increased deficit means increased inflation. Alan Greenspan is probably having a heart attack right now.

I commend you on your fiscal responsibility, Silk, too bad our politicians don't practice the concept, Mr Bush is leading us down the primrose path to another depression. but what does he care? When he gives up the office, he still draws 130 k a year to buy more stocks with, and he gets free medical care for life. I wish I were that fortunate.I hope and pray that you don't suffer some catastrophic life changer like I did. That's when you find out our fabulous government don't give a toss whether you can buy food or not. Then when you go to them seeking some assistance, they look at you like you are a criminal attempting to rob them, nevermind the fact you worked your entire life and paid taxes every year of it get ready to grovel with the rest of the poor people

but I digress, peanut butter and crackers, ain't bad until you have been eating it for two months like me.

No kidding...I cut out after "distinguished American's and (hesitation) fellow Americans ..." (translation top 5% (smirk) and the rest of you gullible fools")

Truly pathetic....yep anyone else part of the 35% (and growing) group of American's that do not identify with either flank of our one party.

*rant on

Yes...all you third base heroes out there....keep being born into wealth and American workers will keep payin' for your humble lifestyles...under laws enacted by eighth term millionaire insiders / CEO types of course....but hey no one said life was fair (smirk)....

And don't give us no guff or we'll thin the herd with a blatant war of aggression to secure the wealthiest oil zone on the planet for future strong arming tactics..its really is only a coincidence that oil happens to be the key ingredient for maintaining our meager lifestyle(wink wink).and any parallels like.oh.all the top officials in the executive branch are big oil is just silly.and the fact that Halliburton industries was awarded the multibillion dollar contract for supplying the American troops in the Gulf region is well(smirk), trueandyes.that was Cheneys old companyand yes, Halliburton does receive a bonus if they go over budget.BUT REALLY THIS IS ALL A CRAZY LIBERAL CONSPERICAY(wink wink)

And hell, just for kicks when you get back from fighting.were gonna send your jobs to some American territory in the pacific.where the cheap labor makes our stock options blow up like car bombs of gold! Its a win win situation  What? What? Daddy.why are the peasants looking at me like that?

*rant off

Guest JuanFermin

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

here I am jobless, broke, and unable to work thanks to Uncle Sam and his regulations. .... since Uncle Bush wants to do away with taxes on dividends.

When was the last time that a poor guy gave you a job?

#1. Corporations, already pay taxes on those dividends, and the government then taxes them AGAIN when we get our dividends.

#2. By eliminating this double taxation, it makes raising capital easier, so sorry people like you can get employed again.

quote:

Originally posted by Menchise:

Did Bush colour his hair recently?

Maybe so.

Clinton wasn't that bad looking when he took office. Perhaps a bit and only just a bit of salt and pepper in his hair but by the time he left office his hair was stark white.

Guest JuanFermin

quote:

Originally posted by Race Bannon IV:

The war is only going to cost 50 or 100 billion there will be plenty left for the middle class afterwards.

So I guess we just bury our heads in the sand and wait for someone to attack us again? Let the world walk all over us, since it COSTS too much to defend ourselves.

We should just rename ourselves in French names and adopt the French language.

Guest JuanFermin

quote:

Originally posted by goaliejerry:

How many people do you know of that make less than 25K per year and have kids that pay ANY income taxes? The Democrats are ranting and raving that it's not fair and equitable, but is it fair that the top 3% of income earners in the US pay almost 50% of all personal income taxes? Is that "Fair & Equitable"? The top 1% pay almost 20% of all personal income taxes!! is that "Fair and Equitable" They want a plan that gives money back to these people in the form of an "Earned Income Tax Credit" that amounts to taking money from me and giving it to them!

Did they go to college for 8 yrs like I did? scraping a living for years to get to where I am? Did they sacrifice their Weekends, Time with kids, time with family like I did? Why do they deserve MY money?

Guest JuanFermin

quote:

Originally posted by J.Smith:

yeah at least with Cliton our econmy wasn't a bunch of crap.

Clinton didn't have to deal with our Financial Centers being blown to smitherines, he was too worried about all his girlfriends to deal with the situation. Gingritch came up with a plan to secure the Airports years ago, but of course Clinton didn't want to listen to him, he was an "Enemy of the State Republican"

quote:

Originally posted by Fermin:

quote:

Originally posted by J.Smith:

yeah at least with Cliton our econmy wasn't a bunch of crap.

Clinton didn't have to deal with our Financial Centers being blown to smitherines, he was too worried about all his girlfriends to deal with the situation. Gingritch came up with a plan to secure the Airports years ago, but of course Clinton didn't want to listen to him, he was an "Enemy of the State Republican"

And did Bush do anything when he came to power?

Don't accuse someone of doing something you've done yourself. You're both guilty.

This is for those of us who dont make the money like silk and fermin. I scrape for every penny to pay my bills and I have no kids. I dont make enough to save 500 every month, and not because I dont try. I work 2 jobs plus have a business of my own, and I dont have the extra bills, dont even have a phone or TV. Some of us were not blessed with money, we get by with what we have.

Guest JuanFermin

quote:

Originally posted by Crush:

I scrape for every penny to pay my bills and I have no kids. .... Some of us were not blessed with money, we get by with what we have.

For your information, I'm almost 36, and I come from an EXTREMELY poor family, there were many days that we didn't have enough to eat dinner growing up. From the time that I was 18 to 27, I lived in a 1 room efficiency, but I had it good, I had a phone and a TV, though I never had time for the TV since I would work from 5AM to 11PM every day. Luckily, I worked security so I was able to do my homework from my classes on the weekends and get my degree.

No I didn't come from money, I made my own way through hard work and dedication, not through some government handout or program.

P.S. I had to get loans, not grants to go to school since I was "supposedly" well off, making over 20K a year, even though I had 2 kids to take care of...

Guest JuanFermin

quote:

Originally posted by Epsilon 5:

And did Bush do anything when he came to power?

[/QB]

First of all, Clinton had been in office for 8yrs where he could have done something about it. Bush had just come in to office about 9 months prior, and if you had stayed on top of the news at the time, they were trying hard to get some legislation passed, but the airline industry was very busy opposing it. Governments move slowly, you can't expect someone to come in and change something overnight, it just doesn't work that way.

Where do some of you get off deifying the rich and stereotyping the less fortunate? If I hear one more time about the rich being overburdened or the characterization that ALL poor people are lazy and jobless I'll vomit. So YOU have a job? big deal! so you pay taxes? join the rest of us! You are opposed that others who dont might get a few cents out of every dollar of yours but have NO PROBLEM agreeing with tax cuts that favor the rich(Dividend)in hopes of it trickling down. HOW STUPID CAN YOU PEOPLE BE?

We are about to go to war and commit ourselves to th tune of 100 billion dollars and NONE OF YOU EVEN BLINKED at that amount. Add to that tax cuts , the likelyhood gas could go to two dollars a gallon as early as this summer and Bush admitting we will have to tap the Strategic oil reserves since Saddam is likely to set his own oil fields on fire and what do we get? FUBAR! Even Repulican congressional leaders admit the That President Opie's stimulus package probably will not impact the economy in the short term.

The war on terror? Some of our strategic cities on the eastern seaboard lack the equipment to deal with any NBC (that's nuclear biological and chemical for you non military types) Hell 44 out fifty states are experiencing unprecednted budget deficits and schools in the northwest are laying off teachers and shortening the school year by a month just to keep the doors open. We dont have the money to protect our own cities but we got 100 billion for Opie's wild goose chase. Remember Bin Laden? the last great Satan? we did a 4-0 job on him didnt we? All that technology and firepower and he slipped out the country using an operative carrying his cell phone making calls to fake out special forces in pursuit. Now I'm still waiting for ANY realistic link to Al-Quaida and I hope there is but I fear its more smoke and mirrors.

Lastly its become very popular for people to make disparaging remarks about the cowardly French and the scaredy cat Europeans , but those are easy remarks to make by people who never had a war fought in their front yard , particularly made by some folks here who will be watching it on tv with minimal threat to them. That is cowardly to me.

I agree Saddam is a little shit we need to take out but our number one priority? Please fella dont piss down my back and tell me it's raining. I know the difference.

quote:

Originally posted by Fermin:

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

here I am jobless, broke, and unable to work thanks to Uncle Sam and his regulations. .... since Uncle Bush wants to do away with taxes on dividends.

When was the last time that a poor guy gave you a job?

#1. Corporations, already pay taxes on those dividends, and the government then taxes them AGAIN when we get our dividends.

#2. By eliminating this double taxation, it makes raising capital easier, so sorry people like you can get employed again.

There's a bright shiney thought, Didja get that one from all the sunshine Jeb just blew up our collective arses?

So, you consider me a sorry individual, do ya? FYI

I worked to pay my way through school, never once took a handout from any Government agency, paid my taxes same as everyone else, oh wait, the boys with money have enough loopholes in the tax code that they don't have to pay taxes, I served this country in the military to protect ours and your right of free speech, which you just exercised to degrade me.

So I'm down on my luck, It can happen to anyone in the blink of an eye. It's not that I don't want to work, I am unable to work because of a Government regulation designed to protect everyone .It doesn't matter to them that it screws me out of a good paying livelyhood, I can't draw unemployment so you see my options are extremely limited and I am forced out of necessity to seek assistance. It doesn't make me proud in the least. In conclusion,

If you are too hardhearted to help a neighboor through a rough time, I pity you. I could just say the hell with it and either starve or freeze to death.

As as for the haves in DC , they can all blow me!