Ongoing Evidence Of Media Bias

Did anyone catch Bush yesterday as he was announcing the new military budget? He said that, "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we," Bush said on Thursday. What did he just say?! You have got to watch the determination on Bush's face there is a link to the video on the right. This is the best freudian slip EVER. OH MY GOD THIS GUY IS A MORON! I haven't seen it widely reported either, I had to be watching Democracy Now! to hear it. Some media bias. This is found on Yahoo! UK lol.

Oh and nice work George... ya CHIMP. God justice will be served if Kerry uses this in an ad campaign... NO TRUER WORDS HAVE EVER BEEN UTTERED BY THIS MAN.

[ 08-06-2004, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Takvah ]

ROTFLMAO

"Ain't no time to wonder why.

Whoopee we're all gonna die.

I wonder which one of his groupies wrote that little address.

Maybe one of our local Bushmeisters could offer some proof reading services.

Talk about opening your mouth to change feet!!!!

All I can do is shake my head when I think about the fact that this moron is warming a chair cushion with his methane in the Oval Office.

quote:

Originally posted by Takvah:

Did anyone catch Bush yesterday as he was announcing the new military budget? He said that, "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we," Bush said on Thursday.
You have got to watch the determination on Bush's face there is a link to the video on the right. This is the best freudian slip EVER. OH MY GOD THIS GUY IS A MORON! I haven't seen it widely reported either, I had to be watching Democracy Now! to hear it. Some media bias. This is found on Yahoo! UK lol.

Oh and nice work George... ya CHIMP. God justice will be served if Kerry uses this in an ad campaign... NO TRUER WORDS HAVE EVER BEEN UTTERED BY THIS MAN.

Maybe the reason it wasn't widely reported is because most everybody who heard it realized that 'and neither do we' means that we are trying to think like the terrorists so that we can anticipate possible attacks and therefore prevent them easier.

Oh yeah that was clearly it. ROFLMAO.

A President should be clear and articulate, I mean his words drive a world. Now I know most of you guys that are pro Bush don't think the President does anything but I assure you it is quite the opposite. Conveniently, Bush has no say in anything and then when the conversation turns to Kerry he will bring the destruction of the world. YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. You limit Bush's liability but then you accentuate Kerry's if he is given power... it simply makes no sense if you are arguing from an HONEST platform.

It happens all the time with politicians. The media routinely clean up mistakes in grammar [print media, in this case], tense, and obvious misused words. They understand the rigors of the campaign trail and the exhaustion that comes from many appearances in a single day. Unless it is obvious that what was said is what the speaker meant to say, the media go with what was intended to be said.

It's when they don't clean it up that the bias creeps in.

Along the lines of articulation, let me leave you all with this thought. In some ways, what Bush has is a speech impediment. He can't always grasp the word that he wants, on demand, in an impromptu setting. My brother is like that; he gets wordy when a simpler word is available, he can ramble on because of poor sentence structure. But his (and Bush's) written speech is impeccable. If Bush were a stutterer, you wouldn't call him a dummy, would you? If you believe, as I do, that this is a mild speech impediment like stuttering, then why would you call him a dummy for this?

Speaking of media bias, anyone notice that the protestors/demonstrators and such weren't(sp) shown on any station's during the democratic convention?

Just watch though, during the republican convention all those news station will most likely show the protestors and demonstrators, why? Cause it's there way of attempting to damage the republicans.

And, if they DO do that, then it'll show just how bias the networks really are. Then there will be no way anyone can denie(sp)

Have you heard the reports that activist demonstrators (is that redundant?) had posted on websites to do the following: go to skeet shooting ranges or firing ranges and spend an hour or two shooting guns, then don't wash the powder off, go on the subways into Manhattan, try to find a patrol with a bomb-sniffing dog, walk up to the dog and try to get it to alert, petting it if necessary. When the police question you, play dumb for as long as you can in the hopes that they have to call in additional forces and maybe even shut down the subway system.

This is all in an attempt to disrupt the Republican convention, yet it has the potential to put the entire city at risk if they are trying to divert the security forces away from real threats in order to embarrass Bush.

I've heard, and I consider it a very VERY sick joke.. if it could be considered that

Here's the problem, the democrated party... or rather liberal party... is desprete enough and stupid enough to try it.. although I hope they have enough brains to realize that doing such a thing would disrupt security, but hey? They wouldn't care... as long as they tried to make bush look bad.

And if they do do that Steve, it'll only streaghten my belief that demonstrators should be shot on sight if they perform such a feat (if they protest regulerly, then that's ok. But if they do something to disrupt the balance of teh city.. like what Steve said, then I say they should be shot, because who knows? Maybe that person might just BE a terrorist)

Anywho, such a thing would be a haven for the media. They'd LOVE to have that happen cause it would fill up the 15 seconds they need for a story.. (sighs) like I said, I hope there smart enough NOT to do that

quote:

Originally posted by jamotto:

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

But Kerry REFUSES to release his military records, in ANY way SHAPE, or FORM.

Hmm, wonder why that is?

Although I don't know the answer to your question, in the mean time one can look at these records that Kerry has released.

John Kerry's Official Naval Records

When he signs his 180 and release ALL of his wartime records we can talk.

In the meantime, anything that is ON HIS website is suspect.

BTW, how did he get out of Vietnam in 4 months, when the normal tour was 1 year, besides the fact that he has 3 QUESTIONABLE purple hearts?

ANd if he is SUCH a war hero, why didn't he stay in Vietnam his ENTIRE tour, like a REAL war hero?

No media bias? Yeah right, where are these questions from the media? Why dodn't they ask them why he got out of Vietnam in 4 months, how did he get 3 purple hearts without missing a day of duty? Why are 200 Swift boat veterans calling Kerry a liar?

Kalshion:

My mother is one of those "shrub-haters" who viscerally despises Bush for no identifiable reason. When I point out things like the Senate Judiciary Committee leaked memos about judges, or the Senate Intelligence Committee leaked memo about undermining Bush with secrets, all written by Democrats, she replies with the generic "everybody does it," and she truly believes that the Republicans are worse but are so much better at it that they don't get caught like the Democrats keep doing. I keep telling her that the Republicans don't do those things, and the reason that she keeps hearing reports that the Democrats do this or that is that it's only the Democrats who are stooping to those levels. That's usually when she asks me if I called my brother and sister lately.

However, recently, when I told her about the New York City protest plot, she said "I know... I know...," so I must be having an affect on her.

Have you been following the news coverage of John Kerry's claim that he spent Christmas of 1968 in Cambodia, and that the "memory is seared -- seared in my mind" as he claimed from the floor of the Senate in 1986?

What? No, you haven't heard anything about that? Why would that be, I wonder...

lol

Main reason why I get my new's off the net

Kerry was never in Cambodia, it's in the congressional records and say's right there that he wasn't there..

I do find it hard to believe that everyone believe's the media right off the bat without checking the congresstional records first (or last, depending)

quote:

Speaking of media bias, anyone notice that the protestors/demonstrators and such weren't(sp) shown on any station's during the democratic convention?

Our WHOLE government body, is GUILTY of NOT allowing PROTEST of any kind, to be legitimately seen; thus, it is hard for the average american, to veiw the division created by policy, with any ACCURACY.

This has been openly practiced, since OLD MAN BUSH, instigated it's practice during operation desert storm, and the American people, are so MIS-informed, they have YET to even complain.

quote:

This has been openly practiced, since OLD MAN BUSH, instigated it's practice during operation desert storm, and the American people, are so MIS-informed, they have YET to even complain.

If what you're preaching is the fact that Desert Storm wasn't covered by the media then I have to say GOOD!

The media doesn't have the experience and the know-how to servive during combat operations

Example: During this war we have already lost a lot of media personnel

YET!

During Desert Storm we never lost ONE combat photographer, why? Cause they knew how to do there job without getting into people's way (like the media has been doing)

So quite frankly, I'm glad the media wasn't on the battle field and I wish they weren't on the battle field now

Most of these media new's corps are not helping america at all, there just ruining it (CNN anyone?) By reporting what our soldiers will be doing next, THEREFOR Giving the enemy the advantage of intelligence

You want to win this war... GET RID OF THE MEDIA COVERAGE! Then AND ONLY Then will be be able to win this war

Cause right now, as long as the Media stay's there covering it.. we'll continue to lose soldiers

No, I'm not blaming Bush here cause he isn't responsible, I'm blaming the Media for being TRAITORS and reporting stuff that they should NOT report

One new's agency in particuler that did a lot of that is the Communist New's Network, along with there other communist new's agencys

I look at Fox and I see it on there website but they don't report it (because there not suppose to) They'll only report it AFTER the fact

Has anyone noticed that the Media no longer reports on what that democratic did? The one that destroyed and stole some documents? (Can't remember name)

In reality. He's guilty of espianoge*sp*

Funny really, if a Republican had done something like that it would still be on the new's. Yet since a democratic is the one who did it, it's all a hush hush situation...

Or another form of Bias, not media though

Kerry was in Nevada tuesday (BOO!) and he pronoued Nevada, Neveda, the senator didn't do a thing against him. He also pronounced Yukka,Yokka

However, when Bush was here (Yay!) he prnouced Nevada, Navada. This time the senator was all over him, saying he had no right to disrespect the people of Nevada

Uhh HELLO!!! Navada IS how it's suppose to be said, that's how our native's here PRONOUCED it, It also happens to be that the E sounds more like an A DUH! Jesus this senetor is STUPID (it's right there in our history books, Either Nevada, or Navada... either one is OK) and besides why isn't she getting on Kerry since he COMPLETELY bouched the spelling..

Neveda.... that's NOT how it's said. Luckily it's on tape (I recorded it because a friend of mine and I went to those demontrations, sicken's me to see how many people like this traitor)

Honestly though, it doesn't surprise me that the senator got on Bush. Cause she IS a democrat (Demo-Rat), and could careless how bad her party might sound something out but if someone else who isn't part of her party make's a mistake then she'll try everything in her power to make them look bad

[ 08-13-2004, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Kalshion ]

quote:

If what you're preaching is the fact that Desert Storm wasn't covered by the media then I have to say GOOD!

The media doesn't have the experience and the know-how to servive during combat operations

Example: During this war we have already lost a lot of media personnel

NOPE, not even remotely, close to: "LACK of PROTESTOR visibility and coverage", which I was referring to.

And as far, as your promotion of throwing out the media, being a good thing. I (again) cannot agree with your logic. what your promoting, is a mere " JUSTIFICATION " (and HAS BEEN used,by the OLD BUSH administration, I might add) to keep the AMERICAN PEOPLE, ignorant to the ATROCITY of war...thus giving military a FREE hand, with no check and balance.THIS, is to Allow the GOVERNMENT ability to ACT.. independent of ANY scrutiny, by the PEOPLE of this country.

I fail to understand, HOW ANY AMERICAN, could condone the idea, of "DISALLOWING" the check and balance ideals, for ANY area within our government. THIS!!!! is the ONE thing,which our our freedom, our rights, and our DEMOCRACY are founded!!!

and is the " ONLY " protection which insures our "FREEDOM from TOTALITARIANISM" !!!!

WAKE UP!!

[ 08-13-2004, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: street ]

Actaully Street, I'm fully awake.. unlike a certain liberal I know who can't check the congresstional records for proff*SP*

You're asking me why I would say somethign about not allowing media into the battles

Answer:

The media is to BIASED toward one side, that's why I don't want the media into any battles.

It's already been proven that there biased in this war. They only report the bad stuff NOT the good stuff (which there is a lot of), if you're going to report on a war report on both sides.. not one side

You cannot agree with my Logic cause all you care about is you're liberal party, you could careless about our SOLDIERS LIVES! Who get killed BECAUSE of the media who REPORTS on stuff there NOT suppose to

Let me shin some light on this, right now my sister is serving IN Iraq, She's been there for quite some time, She served there for 6 months, then went back and now she's back there... but by choice

She tells me that the Media is causing more problem's than the terrorists, and she's a soldier mind you so I trust what she says because she's there.. I'm not

Let me tell you this

Who do you care more about?

Our soldiers?

Or the Media?

Our Soldiers - who are dieing because the media is reporting stuff they shouldnt'

The Media - Cause they feel the people have the right to know EVERYTHING that goes on in Iraq and could careless about the soldiers

quote:

Actaully Street, I'm fully awake.. unlike a certain liberal I know who can't check the congresstional records for proff*SP*

Personally, I am not even remotely interested in whether your (PROPAGHANDA)POST has ANY relevancy. And, your insinuation, that I am a Liberal, is just another example, that you understand nothing, as to where party lines are drawn

quote:

You're asking me why I would say somethign about not allowing media into the battles

NOPE, again you are off base. I never asked that, and really dont care, about your justification. As, I KNOW, there is NO logical reason for eliminating observers, from our military campaigns...EXCEPT, fear of an AMERICAN population, being INFORMED.

quote:

Answer:

The media is to BIASED toward one side, that's why I don't want the media into any battles.

It's already been proven that there biased in this war. They only report the bad stuff NOT the good stuff (which there is a lot of), if you're going to report on a war report on both sides.. not one side

as if ANY good, is coming from this war. YOU just THINK your awake!!

Media, is slanted, in both directions. If you are so blind, you do not recognize this, I am sorry for you. And, if you cannot see an AREA, of TRUTH somewhere between the presentations from BOTH extremes, I cannot help you.

quote:

You cannot agree with my Logic cause all you care about is you're liberal party, you could careless about our SOLDIERS LIVES! Who get killed BECAUSE of the media who REPORTS on stuff there NOT suppose to

Let me shin some light on this, right now my sister is serving IN Iraq, She's been there for quite some time, She served there for 6 months, then went back and now she's back there... but by choice

I do NOT believe this person, is an authority, in regard to this issue, but this is NOT the LOGIC, which you follow,that I disagreed with, BUT with the logic, of ELIMINATION of a CHECK AND BALANCE. please REREAD, my previous post. And as far, as me caring ONLY for the liberal party....YOUR again, MIS-INFORMED.

I care for MY family! I care, that the AMERICAN people's FREEDOM be maintained! that the AMERICAN people's rights, be maintained! I CARE, that the president, I supported in the last ELECTION, LIED to ME. I care, that the PRESIDENT, I supported, ALIEANATED ME, as a PATRIOT;, because, HE was IMMORAL, and an IDIOT. I could care less, about the democratic party!

quote:

She tells me that the Media is causing more problem's than the terrorists, and she's a soldier mind you so I trust what she says because she's there.. I'm not

One could, just as easily come to the conclusion, that the "TERRORIST" threat, is being EXTREMELY over played. Stating that the MEDIA, is considered a greater problem, says more than you realize!!

quote:

Let me tell you this

Who do you care more about?

Our soldiers?

Or the Media?

That is NOT a multiple choice question, with ONLY two answers. Just, asking me that question, with such a limited choice of answers, is NOT valid.

I see NO relevancy between the two; BECAUSE, I do NOT accept, that the media is responsible for ANY of the soldiers DEATHS!!

quote:

Our Soldiers - who are dieing because the media is reporting stuff they shouldnt'

The Media - Cause they feel the people have the right to know EVERYTHING that goes on in Iraq and could careless about the soldiers

again: "I see NO relevancy between the two; BECAUSE, I do NOT accept, that the media is responsible for ANY of the soldiers DEATHS!!"

Give me ONE example, of this being TRUE!!

[ 08-13-2004, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: street ]

quote:

Kerry was never in Cambodia, it's in the congressional records and say's right there that he wasn't there..

I'm quoting Kerry himself from his speech in the Congressional Record on March 27, 1986. Read the paragraphs on the rightmost column.

<ahttp://instapundit.com/images/kerrycambfull.jpg>

[ 08-14-2004, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Steve Schacher ]

Poor Street, are you REALLY this clueless about the media and Battle plans?

You do NOT allow the media access to your military operations in progress, EVER.

After the operation is over, great, but NEVER during, you should know better......

Fox news NEVER has a problem with the limitations that the military put on them during the war, only a few OTHER media outlets have had a problem with it.

Well, if it will save ONE soldiers life, then the media can go piss up a rope.....

One soldier is MUCH more IMPORTANT then any information I might glean from some nosy media reporter on the ground, besides, if I wait, I will probably get a chance to get it straight from the soldier. Although not ALL people are able or will attempt to do that.

• 3 weeks later...

Media 'Con Game': Predetermined Storylines, from TCS: Tech Central Station.

Excerpt:

quote:

NEW YORK
--
Harper
's magazine editor Lewis Lapham is being appropriately mocked for a major pre-GOP-convention boner. In the September issue of his magazine, which has been on newsstands for over a week, Lapham writes about the "Republican propaganda mill" and the GOP convention:

"The speeches in Madison Square Garden affirmed the great truths now routinely preached from the pulpits of Fox News and the
Wall Street Journal
-- government the problem, not the solution; the social contract a dead letter; the free market the answer to every maiden's prayer -- and while listening to the hollow rattle of the rhetorical brass and tin, I remembered the question that [Richard] Hofstadter didn't stay to answer. How did a set of ideas both archaic and bizarre make its way into the center ring of the American political circus?"

That's right, Lapham wrote about the GOP convention speeches
before
anyone even stepped to the podium. Lapham has apologized for what he's calling a "rhetorical invention," use of "poetic license," and a "mistake."

But the only "mistake" Lapham made is in revealing for all to see what has long been known by anyone who pays attention to the news: the major media routinely bring to their coverage of significant political events a
predetermined storyline
-- you might want to call it a "Lapham". Facts that undermine the storyline are ignored or explained away as aberrations to The Truth. For the editor of
Harper
's and other establishment press figures, it really makes no difference to them what will be said at Madison Square Garden because the Laphams are already set, loaded in the scribblers' word processors and television anchor tele-prompters and ready to go.

• 1 month later...

Time to revive this from the dead.

I found this fascinating.

From Barking Moonbat

quote:

Bias? or Hypocrisy?

-- President Bush serves in the Air Guard and the media demands he make available ALL his military records.

-- Senator Kerry serves in the Navy and the media utters nary a peep about his records.

-- President Bush owned a ball team and an oil company and the media digs into his financial past demanding copies of his tax returns.

-- Senator Kerry never had a job in the civilian sector, owns 4 mansions, a personal jet, a yacht, pays only 12.4% in taxes. The media? Silent about demanding full disclosure of his tax returns.

-- President Bush runs for office in 2000 and the media demanded to know what experience he had for holding the job.

-- Senator Kerry runs for Presdent in 2004, has nothing to show for the past 30 years except 11 pieces of insignificant legislation and the media? Silent again.

-- President Bush supports 2nd amendment right to own guns and the media goes apoplectic on him demanding a ban on assault weapons.

-- Senator Kerry spends 20 years as a Senator attempting to ban guns but when he goes hunting geese in a blatant effort to curry votes by pandering to NRA types, the media finds nothing wrong with that hypocrisy. And PETA?? Eerily silent, too.

-- President Bush talks about his faith and the media ridicules him; liberals go nuts about separation of Church and state.

-- Senator Kerry talks about his Catholic faith will guide him in his decisions as President all the while pandering to religious folk and the media doesnÔÇÖt seem to find anything wrong with that.

-- President Bush says weÔÇÖll never end terrorism and the media spends days dissecting what he said, what he meant, what he said he meant, and 3000 other iterations on the same theme.

-- Senator Kerry says terrorism should be reduced to a nuisance and the media refuses to take him to task.

-- The war in Iraq does not go like liberals would like it to go and the media revels in writing stories about Senators accusing the President of lying about Iraq and terrorism.

-- Madeleine Albright, on a speaking tour attacked President Bush and uttered, ÔÇ£When Clinton lied, nobody died.ÔÇØ Basically her comment glorifies the act of lying as representative of what Democrats stand for AND she conveniently forgot those who died in Somalia, Tanzania, Kenya, Khobar Towers, World Trade CenterÔÇÖs first attack, the USS Cole. She lied. Maybe those deaths donÔÇÖt matter to her. The media? As ever----silent.

-- President Bush has prisoner abuse (NOT WAR CRIMES!) at Abu Ghraib and the media demands the heads of half his cabinet and noises are made about impeachment.

-- Senator Kerry ADMITS to TRUE WAR CRIMES (hacking, slashing, torture, etc.) and the media? Yep! Silent.

-- Soldiers die while liberating over 50 million in Afghanistan and Iraq and the media is constantly decrying the ÔÇ£quagmire.ÔÇØ

-- Senator Kerry, when questioned in an interview about the deaths of American soldiers during conflict says this, ÔÇ£If you mean dying in the course of the United Nations effort, yes, it is worth that. If you mean dying American troops unilaterally going in with some false presumption that we can affect the outcome, the answer is unequivocally no.ÔÇØ Remember, Senator Kerry keeps insisting the US acted alone in Iraq! The media? HavenÔÇÖt heard a peep! Have you?

-- Democrat voters in democrat controlled counties run by democrat supervisors of elections are incapable of voting correctly and the media carries the torch of the Democrats who portray it as being Republican led efforts of disenfranchisement and voter intimidation although no proof has EVER been found..

-- Democrats intimidate voters, ransack Bush/Cheney Hqs, falsify registration forms, purposely (and in violation of federal and state laws) hold off submitting those forms until the last minute in a blatant attempt to swamp supervisor of elections offices, burn swastikas onto lawns of Republicans, bash heads and break wrists of Republican volunteers. The media? Complicitly silent about TRUE disenfranchisment and voter intimidation.

So which is it? Bias or hypocrisy? Or both?

I report. You decide.

Note 1: Over 80% of media types vote Democrat. You want proof? Dan Rather and the false documents story; Tom Brokaw going to a communist country (Vietnam) to verify Senator KerryÔÇÖs war stories and NEVER interviewing ONE Swiftboat vet; Peter Jennings saying, ÔÇ£IÔÇÖm a little concerned about this notion everybody wants us to be objectiveÔÇØ when questioned about media bias.