Is Osama Bin Ladden's Capture at hand?

Pakistan army in new al Qaeda push

"U.S. and Pakistani officials believe the region --which has resisted outside intervention for centuries -- holds remnants of the Taliban, Afghanistan's former Muslim rulers, and the al Qaeda terrorist network.

About 70,000 Pakistan troops are in the tribal regions. Some also suspect al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden -- the mastermind of the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington -- may also be there."

If he is captured or killed, will we see and upscale in desperate terrorist attacks? Also not in this CNN article but which I saw on the TV broadcast just minutes ago they are experiencing heavy/fierce resistance in one area and they believe that there is a high profile target in that area. It will be interesting to see if Osama is about to be captured will he pull a Saddam Hussien or will he take his own life.

If they do find him, KILL him. Better a dead martyr then a live symbol to rally behind.

If he is captured, the secutiry nightmare of holding him in ANY facility will be difficult.

Jut kill him and be done, any intelligence he could give us would NOT be worth it.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

If they do find him, KILL him. Better a dead martyr then a live symbol to rally behind.

If he is captured, the secutiry nightmare of holding him in ANY facility will be difficult.

Jut kill him and be done, any intelligence he could give us would NOT be worth it.

True but it would be nice to parade him around in front of all his followers and the world saying "See another example of an ego maniac wanting you to take your own lives but doesn't have the guts to do that himself cause he values his own life above all else including you his own followers. If he believed in his own ideology that he has taught you, he should not be standing here alive captured by us the so called infidels."

News update it appears that it's not Bin Ladden but the number 2 man Ayman Al Zawahiri (who is just as important a target as number 1) and that he is cornered.

[ 03-18-2004, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

Wasn't their reports that Bin Ladden might have already died from his severe kidney trouble months ago? There has not been any solid evidence, in a long time, which proves he is even still alive?

I think all of this is just unnecessary skepticism in order to promote the Bush administration before elections, or to misdirect from whatever problems are occurring on the home front...

That's all the Republican Party has done since they've come to office anyways...

They utilize and exploit these kinds of events all the time!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Extinct_Reptilia:

Wasn't their reports that Bin Ladden might have already died from his severe kidney trouble months ago? There has not been any solid evidence, in a long time, which proves he is even still alive?

I think all of this is just unnecessary skepticism in order to promote the Bush administration before elections, or to misdirect from whatever problems are occurring on the home front...

That's all the Republican Party has done since they've come to office anyways...

They utilize and exploit these kinds of events all the time!!!

I was waiting for that kind of response . Who cares as long as we get the bass turds. If you watch the news, this is strickly a Pakistani operation we have a few people acting in an advisary capacity and intelligence help. They've actually asked the US to step back from any ground action that they will take care of this issue as per CNN. Also, this does concern the "Home Front". If this was the case about being misdirected, as you have stated, the best course of action for Bush would be to do this at least a month or two before the election not 8 months before the election were people would forget about it in time in lieu of of other campaign issues.

That's right kiddies... terrorism isn't as important as making sure we can vote more money from the public treasury and raise taxes - the only plans the Democratic Party ever puts forth.

Clinton Has No Clothes

"So Clinton talked tough. But he did not act tough. Indeed, a review of his years in office shows that each time the president was confronted with a major terrorist attack ÔÇö the February 26, 1993, bombing of the World Trade Center, the Khobar Towers attack, the August 7, 1998, bombing of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, and the October 12, 2000, attack on the USS Cole ÔÇö Clinton was preoccupied with his own political fortunes to an extent that precluded his giving serious and sustained attention to fighting terrorism.

Enough said about a democrat agenda....

Excuse me ....I have a question, why is it that no matter what conversation is being discussed it ends up being a democrat bashing?

I don't exactally know what I am for sure. I vote for whomever I feel is spewing the BS I want to hear. I am just curious.

From the sounds of it we are very close to the number 2 guy, who in turn could bring us closer to the number one guy....where does a statement like this come from?

That's right kiddies... terrorism isn't as important as making sure we can vote more money from the public treasury and raise taxes - the only plans the Democratic Party ever puts forth.

quote:

Originally posted by echo:

Excuse me ....I have a question, why is it that no matter what conversation is being discussed it ends up being a democrat bashing?

If you will take note Extinct_Reptilia, the first to post political slander in this topic, "That's all the Republican Party has done since they've come to office anyways... They utilize and exploit these kinds of events all the time!!! " Hmmm what republican bashing is okay? If you will note I started this topic about the possible capture of top Al-Qeada nothing about our political enviornment but then someone, I remind you, flung the mud first at the republicans. . But also to talk about terrorism you must talk about the eight years of inaction by the democratic leadership that has led to the events in America and the world today.

[ 03-18-2004, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

Of course there is no Democrat bashing going on around here(ha!) Politicizing this issue is reprehensible. If they catch him I say good for his ass. I will be HAPPY to see his and Bin Laden's heads on a pole. HE was the guy we should have been going after all along anyway.

As for this causing an upsurge of terrorist activites, at this point the die is cast. There will never be an end to terrorism as long as guns, explosives and nutcases are plentiful. They will always have an axe to grind and a back to bury it in.

Ok Ok I missed that part..

I guess before I can continue, I have to go back and see what the inaction of the Democratic party was. I don't have enough knowledge yet to backup my thoughts on the subject....but if I am ever able to ...watch out!

quote:

Ok Ok I missed that part..

I guess before I can continue, I have to go back and see what the inaction of the Democratic party was. I don't have enough knowledge yet to backup my thoughts on the subject....but if I am ever able to ...watch out!

Read that link I left "Clinton Has No Clothes" to start ya off. This sums it up to what I/we lived through the Clinton years and what I remember fairly accurately.

If I keep commenting on this, I am gonna start a huge argument that I may lose.

I don't really enjoy politics. Mostly becuase I am the little guy(lady), and anyone who thinks the little guy(lady) has any bearing on what happens in politics is insane.

Can anyone say we thought these little angry cave dwellers had the power to attack us like they did in 2001? I sure as heck didn't.

Here's a fact: More little guys(ladies) had jobs when Clinton was in office.

Now my thought:

That article basically stated that Clinton was basing his moves on public opinion rather than trying to fight terrorism. Doesn't that make us the American People just as much to blame?

As I see it, we were a nation more concerned with who was under the presidents desk and not what was on it.

quote:

1: If I keep commenting on this, I am gonna start a huge argument that I may lose.

2: I don't really enjoy politics. Mostly becuase I am the little guy(lady),

3: and anyone who thinks the little guy(lady) has any bearing on what happens in politics is insane.

4: Can anyone say we thought these little angry cave dwellers had the power to attack us like they did in 2001? I sure as heck didn't.

5: Here's a fact: More little guys(ladies) had jobs when Clinton was in office.

Now my thought:

6: That article basically stated that Clinton was basing his moves on public opinion rather than trying to fight terrorism. Doesn't that make us the American People just as much to blame?

7: As I see it, we were a nation more concerned with who was under the presidents desk and not what was on it.

1: I wouldn't call it an argument but rather a debate.

2: Why should being a little guy have any bearing on whether you like politics?

3: Damn, you mean all these years I've been insane . You mean to tell me that all the wives of those guys in politics don't influence the issues on their husbands?

4: Well according to some Clinton warned Bush about an imminent attack on his way out of office. Bush claims he didn't know. Some people say that Bush knew it was going to occur. The intelligence community sat on the info whatever their agenda was in doing so. Etc... It's all a matter on who you ask and what they believe.

5: Hmmm, I'll have to look that one up. If it's true, the only thing I can think of why is yes because of Clinton and all the buisness men saw what fun he was having with the female worker(s) and thought hey I can have fun too "jeeves get my secretary I wanna hire more woman in the office so I can be just like Clinton."

6: Well not all the voters can be blamed just the ones that voted for Clinton. I didn't so I can wipe my hands clean. I didn't like the guy from the very start just by his background in Arkansas.

How he ever became even a contender for Presidential candidate still amazes me.

7: If you mean things on his desk like NAFTA, you are dang right. That's probably the reason why he signed YES to all those bad for America bills. Just picture it: him sitting in his chair, she under the desk and on his desk is the NAFTA Bill as he's reading it. Yes I like that, Yes that's good, Oh yes, yes to that too, yes, yesss, yessss, yeeeessss, "Do you like that Bill?" says Monica, "Oh YEEEEEEESSSSSS" he yells.

ROFLMAO... how much was spent on the Kenneth Star inquisition? I was all for it at the time hoping they would get Clinton BUT THEY DIDN'T? Why? Why didn't they get Susan McDougal or anyone else? Oh yeah, I guess because it's not against the law to cheat on your wife. Stop talking out of Uranus *snickers*.

I love guys that bring up Clinton when the deal is BUSH. The buck stops with BUSH end of story. I'm not willing to give him any room even if I am a Republican. THE GUY IS THE COMMANDER AND CHIEF... he failed to protect us and I believe he was totally out of the loop on 9/11. The video timeline of what he was doing while those buildings burned SHOWS THAT.

Hey when the trade centers in my hometown of NYC were burning I was glued to the TV begging for information... our President was sitting in a 2nd grade classroom reading a book about a GOAT. Simply brilliant. Would any of you have been sitting there reading a book about GOATS at the time YOU KNEW those buildings were burning?

Peace out

quote:

LostInSpace

4: Well according to some Clinton warned Bush about an imminent attack on his way out of office. Bush claims he didn't know. Some people say that Bush knew it was going to occur. The intelligence community sat on the info whatever their agenda was in doing so. Etc... It's all a matter on who you ask and what they believe.

There is some meat in that. I have heard/read that Bush hated Clinton so terribly for Clinton Beating his father out of a second term that the Bush administration wouldn't listen to a single thing the outgoing Clinton administration had prepared for them.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

quote:

LostInSpace

There is some meat in that. I have heard/read that Bush hated Clinton so terribly for Clinton Beating his father out of a second term that the Bush administration wouldn't listen to a single thing the outgoing Clinton administration had prepared for them.

True but then that begs the question why did Clinton or his people keep his/their mouth(s) shut and seeing he/they didn't get anywhere with Bush why didn't he/they tell the public this. There was not one peep from anyone. That alone would have put the Democratic party back on the map and would have redeemed Clinton to the golden boy. So I kinda suspect that comment about Clinton or his people telling Bush. I know that I would yell that out in a bullhorn something of that magnitude and importance.

quote:

LostInSpace

True but then that begs the question why did Clinton keep his mouth shut and seeing he didn't get anywhere with Bush* why didn't he tell the public this. There was not one peep from anyone.~ So I kinda suspect that comment about Clinton telling Bush.^

*What I heard was that it wasn't one on one Bush Clinton contact but rather the transition team paperwork and reports. ~And I saw it on the Sunday Morning political shows. Former aides and what not. ^Former aides and what not are also suspect but I seem to remember the panelists discussing it. Of course it was much like here. Those who beleived Clinton Supported those statements while those who beleived Bush said "Oh no it wasn't that way at all, we reviewed everything given to us and made appropriate decisions." Also suspect.

But I actually saw It for myself so I feel there is enough food for thought.

Now the conspiracy theorists think Bush PLANNED 9/11. Or allowed it happen at the best. Eh, makes ya wonder but I don't think so.

OOOOOHHHHHHHH you been editing! Glad I grabbed your original post. I tried to add those little tick things to say what I was replying too.

But yeah it was a Sunday Morning political show and I did see people discussing the transition situation. I'm sure the "Hated Clinton for beating my dad" (hmmmmmmm ) was opinion.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

What I heard was that it wasn't one on one Bush Clinton contact but rather the transition team paperwork and reports. ~And I saw it on the Sunday Morning political shows. Former aides and what not. ^Former aides and what not are also suspect but I seem to remember the panelists discussing it. Of course it was much like here. Those who beleived Clinton Supported those statements while those who beleived Bush said "Oh no it wasn't that way at all, we reviewed everything given to us and made appropriate decisions." Also suspect.

But I actually saw It for myself so I feel there is enough food for thought.

Now the conspiracy theorists think Bush PLANNED 9/11. Or allowed it happen at the best. Eh, makes ya wonder but I don't think so.

Have a read Could 9/11 Have Been Prevented?

"Berger attended only one of the briefings-the session that dealt with the threat posed to the U.S. by international terrorism, and especially by al-Qaeda. "I'm coming to this briefing," he says he told Rice, "to underscore how important I think this subject is." Later, alone in his office with Rice, Berger says he told her, "I believe that the Bush Administration will spend more time on terrorism generally, and on al-Qaeda specifically, than any other subject." The terrorism briefing was delivered by Richard Clarke, a career bureaucrat who had served in the first Bush Administration and risen during the Clinton years to become the White House's point man on terrorism. As chair of the interagency Counter-Terrorism Security Group (CSG), Clarke was known as a bit of an obsessive-just the sort of person you want in a job of that kind. Since the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole in Yemen on Oct. 12, 2000-an attack that left 17 Americans dead-he had been working on an aggressive plan to take the fight to al-Qaeda. The result was a strategy paper that he had presented to Berger and the other national security "principals" on Dec. 20. But Berger and the principals decided to shelve the plan and let the next Administration take it up. With less than a month left in office, they did not think it appropriate to launch a major initiative against Osama bin Laden. "We would be handing (the Bush Administration) a war when they took office on Jan. 20," says a former senior Clinton aide. "That wasn't going to happen." Now it was up to Rice's team to consider what Clarke had put together.""

Ak, you know what damn all them politicians! I propose we institute a presidential test. You know you gotta take a test if you wanna become a civial servant Policeman, Fireman, Court officer etc.. And you have to take tests to get your promotion. The Presidency should be held to the same standards. You know a tough written exam (geography, political geography, foreign affairs etc..) followed by a physical and mental evalutation and an integrity test with a lie detector and a background check (any evidence of corruption or just plain stupidness) then and only then if you pass with a 90% or higher you become eligible as a candidate for president.

[ 03-20-2004, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

LOL

Could this topic have been steered over a cliff any better, boys and girls?

So, if we're going to continue driving this one down the side of the mountain, What the heck?

I have read some interesting conspiracy theories about 9/11.

If one studies the events that had occurred prior to and on that sad day in September, The idea of a deep rooted conspiracy do seem plausible, right up there with the assassination of JFK.

I'm sure many of you are guffawing right now and thinking Wolferz is full of dog poop like he always is.Do some digging and reaearch it yourselves. you will be shocked by what you find I guarantee.

All of the evidence that I have perused, points to an elite group of drug smugglers who have greater aspirations than just pushing Illegal narcotics.

Whether you want to see it or not, 1984 has come to pass in a more horrific way than even Orwell could imagine. And it began long before 1984.