Famous French lawyer to defend Saddam

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest... co-counsel will probably be German or Russian. They'll come in with nice briefcases with the UN emblem etched on the top.

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Not surprising either, seeing how France was one of those who supported Saddam (buying stuff from him and also giving him money)

Please dont enter in this ******* stuff because no one is innocent in this kind of things.

What can be understood from what you say is that France suport Saddam like if it was an allie.Never try to say something like that because ALL countryes have their own dark business.The defendant could be from any nationality.

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Not surprising either, seeing how France was one of those who supported Saddam (buying stuff from him and also giving him money)

The reason the French didn't want to get involved was (follow the money) because they bought BILLIONS of dollars worth of Oil from Iraq, and more importantly, sold BILLIONS of dollars worth of overpriced food to them in the "Food for Oil" program. Of course Saddam got all sorts of kickbacks on these deals, which is how he was able to build his Mile long palace with the huge underground bunker.

• 6 months later...

MMmmm...

Usually I never answer to this kind of thread but...

Jaques Verges is not a member of the S.H.'s defense commitee.he is well-known to always be the "devil's advocate" but not this time.

Yes... there is a french lawyer (Damn! I knew it ) but there are also lawyers from U.K.;U.S.A;Spain etc,etc...

The french gvt supported Saddam?yes but we were not alone. I know that it is not a valid excuse but do you think that the arms factories consider such things as morality or ethic?(see the iran gate or Andrew Beitch, The Guardian, 6 avril 1984)

quote:

The reason the French didn't want to get involved was (follow the money) because they bought BILLIONS of dollars worth of Oil from Iraq, and more importantly, sold BILLIONS of dollars worth of overpriced food to them in the "Food for Oil" program.

come on... where do you read this? I read the same things about the americans!and I do not believe an single word of it!

quote:

If I were Saddam, I would seek other counsel..

"What do you mean, he surrendered?"

Haaaa... the traditional clich├®.

Do you know that you quote the "gouvernement de Vichy " propaganda ?

know this:

We have lost 238 000 mens between 1940 and 1945.

We strike back(with the english forces )in denmarck on april 1940.Unfortunately, the gravity of the situation in France, constrained Allies to give up this area.Indeed, on May 10, 1940, the Germans launch an offensive to Belgium and Holland; the Franco-English troops carried towards these countries and fight the enemy violently and win (gembloux 15may)But this victory will not be exploited, because of the German offensive in the Ardennes. The Allies leave the Belgian territory then to try to break this attack.

But too late, surrounded the french army try to hold.May 28, the Belgian and Dutch armies capitulate, whereas the British plan the re-embarkation of the allied troops.

June 5, 1940, whereas manpower of the French troops are not any more that of 60 divisions, vis-a-vis to 130 enemy divisions, the Germans launch an offensive on the Sommes.The General de LATTRE de TASSIGNY slows down the German advance near Rethel, as the General Buisson on the "retourne" however,the capital is threatened; the Germans enter Paris on June 14. The last combat in Paris is delivered by the "cadets de saumur" who, from the 17 to June 21, 1940, oppose to the enemy.

in the Alps, the situation is very different. June 10, 1940, Italy declares the war in France. In spite of manpower much higher in a number than French manpower, the Italian offensive is a general failure. The armies of Duce are stopped everywhere.

The troops of Reich crossed the Rhone to Lyon but run up against the French device near Voreppe. They are stopped, by the French units, June the 23 and 24. Only, the news of the signature of the armistice, will put an end to the hostilities in this area. The army of the Alps remained unconquered.

However, contrary to a largely spread idea, the combat of 1940 were very deadly. During the few six weeks which these engagements last, one counts 92 000 dead among the French soldiers.

some quotes now :

G├®n├®ral ANDERSON said :"their courage and their enthusiasm was splendid. If suitable weapons and equipment had been entrusted to them, they would have rendered services much more appreciable still ..."

American General MARSCHALL who, after the battle of Garigliano in Italy, said "said to them whom they revived the French Army that I knew, that of the Marne and Verdun".

"the French are the best soldiers of Europe... after us. Bir-Hakeim is the proof."(A.H. )

That's all,

I hope that's could be useful to stop

this nonsense

And now, for something completly different :

Do not believe that we,in France, hate America.

yes, we have some morrons here. But we know who they are and what they think!

Do not believe that we are all conservationist(or else) as we do not believe that you re all with a gun in each hand to kill everyone who do not think like you (or else ).

Haa I have a "funny" real story about the WWII:

My grandfather was belgian and he was so upset when he heard that the germans invade his country that he left his wife and his childrens,take his bicycle and his old rifle (from wwI)and rush to the frontier... and feld on an german division!what they do?

they laugh, take his rifle and his bicycle and let him go away!"bastards, they do not even bothered to arrest me!" were the only words he said when he was back home.

that' all folks.

pardon me if there are error in this post, I am not really good in english (I'm french! Why do you think I have this outrageous accent ...)

and, for the end, look to this picture and remember.

fraternite.JPG