President Bush says he never authorized illegal interrogations

quote:

Originally posted by Kartoffel:

Apparently Jaguar really doesnt understand how his beliefs will work in the real world.

Profiling arabs will get some of the arab terrorists - and piss off the ~90% who have legitimate buisness. And it'l let all the non-arab terrorists through, just fine (and they'll switch to non-arab operatives, if we start profiling arabs, making it a moot point).

Also, itl fill up Guantanamo in like 2 days.

Which is going to cost a fortune.

And they'll keep coming, if we keep dealing with them, using such heavy-handed policies.

It's going to take a major policy shift, coming to an understanding with them (NOT giving in, mind you) to end the arab terrorist threat.

I KNOW EXACTLY how my system would and does work, because it DOES work.

The Millenium celebration here in Seattle would have been interupted by the Space Needle being blown up, BUT, because a Border guard, USING this SAME Racial Profiling, and because of a BAD feeling, pulled the guy out of line and did a THOROUGH check of his car, WHICH was LOADED with enough explosive to possibly bring the Space Needle down and killing hundreds if not thousands of people.

WOW, what a concept, because he PROFILED the guy, he caucht him, but if he had been told that just to be fair that he couldn't, we would no longer have a Space Needle in Seattle, and a terrorist would have gotten away.

I know how it works in the REAL world, unlike you Kartoffel. Profiling works, has ALWAYS worked, and will continue to work.....

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

quote:

Orginally posted by Jaguar:

Oh boy, we are going to change our profiling because 1% of the terrorists MAY NOT fit the profile.

Again, I strongly disagree with such a simple outlook with dangerous repercussions and I'm glad to see that these organisation are doing more to try and stay one step ahead.

I'm sure if you ask the relatives of either 9/11 OR Oklahoma victims, they'd say the 1% Timothy McVeighs or Richard Reids provide more than enough reason to take a more sensible approach.

Ahh, yes, Because Timothy Mcveigh got away with it, and of course he wasn't Muslim, he was some tight wing whacko, therefore everyone must be profiled.

Get a grip, law enforcement know what to do, if they did not have to deal with this PC crap, and pull out every 8th person, instead of being able to use their judgement, and yank a person that fits the profile, and is acting suspicious in their estimation.

FEWER people would be pulled out of line, and those that are, would be pulled out for a reason, NOT because they happened to be the 8th person in line, or because whoops, we haven't pulled enough women, better grab her, or that 8 year old, better get him too.

Give me a flipping break.

Why do you guys ALWAYS have to take it to extremes?

When will you get it, Jaguar?

Profiling arabs will get some of them - i'm not denying that, but it won't get all of them. And only focusing on arabs will let every other terrorist through just fine, to blow up whatever.

I didn't want to think so, but your obsession with only profiling arabs shows some real na├»vet├®. It's like going without any anti-tank rounds in a war. You can still do some, but you're helpless against something else.

Note : Amazing how off topic this has become. Maybe split it off into another thread?

quote:

Originally posted by Kartoffel:

When will you get it, Jaguar?

Profiling arabs will get some of them - i'm not denying that, but it won't get all of them. And only focusing on arabs will let every other terrorist through just fine, to blow up whatever.

I didn't want to think so, but your obsession with only profiling arabs shows some real na├»vet├®. It's like going without any anti-tank rounds in a war. You can still do some, but you're helpless against something else.

Note : Amazing how off topic this has become. Maybe split it off into another thread?

What the heck are you talking about.

I NEVER said not to profile other High risk possible subjects. But Profiling works, and the police are trained to spot what they consider suspicious activity.

RIght now they are leashed by this PC crap, where NO one can be profiled, and that is what is going to KILL us.

So, are you admitting that profiling works, or that we shouldn't profile at all?

Can't have it both ways.

And A: Quit taking it to extremes, and B: quit assuming what you think I meant... Because I say what I mean, and do not mince words.

If I didn't say it, such as we should ONLY profile Atabs, which I did NOT say and NEVER would say.

Profiling works, and we should unleash our law enforcement to allow them to use that tool, because it WORKS!!!

I think the whole issue is on a knife edge. Push too far one way and we end up losing the very principles we are trying to protect. Go too far the other and we leave outselves open for attack.

It's getting late here so I'll continue the post later today after I get some sleep.