Afghanistan and Iraq.....

quote:

Originally posted by Takvah:

LIS... fear clouds judgment

It does? Only if you let it. We fear death. We fear fire. We fear God's wrath (well some of you anyway). We fear the weather. We fear when we stand on the very edge of a deep canyon. Fear is a healthy thing and keeps us on our guard for dangerous situations. Maybe I'm cut from a different cloth. Does anyone else agree with this?

quote:

Uhmmm... did I miss something? Is that hillbilly womanizer Clinton the President? Time to get over passing the buck and remembering who's in play here. Bush is the President. He says he wants Osama... so where is Osama? THREE AND A HALF YEARS... NO FRUIT... GREATEST NATION AND MILITARY ON THIS PLANET... YET FAILURE.

I want it one way. I want Osama on a platter. No dead or alive about it... just DEAD will do. Why hasn't George, "brought it on!" *snickers* As long as people allow Bush to lay his miserable track record at the feet of Clinton nothing is going to change. Clinton isn't screwing up Iraq, Bush is. Clinton didn't remove our troops from Afghanistan and diminish our ability to capture Osama... Bush did. So please stop passing the buck for this guy. Apologists really piss me off.

Later

Takvah

Well, since you want Bin laden so bad pack your bags, gather up all the weapons and ammo you can grab and don't forget your armor. Now go buy a ticket to Afganistan. When you get to Afganistan, go equip yourself with all your needs, don't forget about your rations, you are going to need it, and go search in the zillions of rat holes he's hiding in. That's assuming he's still in Afganistan. Good luck.

What! You're still here? Man you are as bad as Bush. You talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Anyway, with the new desperate violence now errupting in Iraq and Letter: Al-Zarqawi tells bin Laden militants are getting squeezed and Sources: Senior al Qaeda official may have been in Iraq , you know Bush's policy on Iraq and terrorism is on the right track. If you think our massive force are spread thin, you can imagine the terrorist with their few and far between followers. There are so many battles you can fight. Just like in WWII, we didn't get the head guy (Hitler) we just beat the crap out of his war machine. This is the same strategy Bush is applying. We don't need Bin Laden to win this war on terror just the continued massive pressure on his followers. They will soon come to realize that it just is not worth it. So, let's just allow Bush to do his job and stop being back seat drivers.

As for Clinton, you cannot talk about Bush and Bin Laden without him. We would have already have had Bin Laden in our hands if Clinton took the deal. Would this have prevented 9/11 probably not but at least we would have had the master mind already in our grasp to face the music. Sure Clinton is the past but he and his policies for eight years lead us to where we are now.

[ 06-24-2004, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

It does? Only if you let it. We fear death. We fear fire. We fear God's wrath (well some of you anyway). We fear the weather. We fear when we stand on the very edge of a deep canyon. Fear is a healthy thing and keeps us on our guard for dangerous situations. Maybe I'm cut from a different cloth. Does anyone else agree with this?

quote:

Uhmmm... did I miss something? Is that hillbilly womanizer Clinton the President? Time to get over passing the buck and remembering who's in play here. Bush is the President. He says he wants Osama... so where is Osama? THREE AND A HALF YEARS... NO FRUIT... GREATEST NATION AND MILITARY ON THIS PLANET... YET FAILURE.

I want it one way. I want Osama on a platter. No dead or alive about it... just DEAD will do. Why hasn't George, "brought it on!" *snickers* As long as people allow Bush to lay his miserable track record at the feet of Clinton nothing is going to change. Clinton isn't screwing up Iraq, Bush is. Clinton didn't remove our troops from Afghanistan and diminish our ability to capture Osama... Bush did. So please stop passing the buck for this guy. Apologists really piss me off.

Later

Takvah

Well, since you want Bin laden so bad pack your bags, gather up all the weapons and ammo you can grab and don't forget your armor. Now go buy a ticket to Afganistan. When you get to Afganistan, go equip yourself with all your needs, don't forget about your rations, you are going to need it, and go search in the zillions of rat holes he's hiding in. That's assuming he's still in Afganistan. Good luck.

What! You're still here? Man you are as bad as Bush. You talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Anyway, with the new desperate violence now errupting in Iraq and Letter: Al-Zarqawi tells bin Laden militants are getting squeezed and Sources: Senior al Qaeda official may have been in Iraq , you know Bush's policy on Iraq and terrorism is on the right track. If you think our massive force are spread thin, you can imagine the terrorist with their few and far between followers. There are so many battles you can fight. Just like in WWII, we didn't get the head guy (Hitler) we just beat the crap out of his war machine. This is the same strategy Bush is applying. We don't need Bin Laden to win this war on terror just the continued massive pressure on his followers. They will soon come to realize that it just is not worth it. So, let's just allow Bush to do his job and stop being back seat drivers.

As for Clinton, you cannot talk about Bush and Bin Laden without him. We would have already have had Bin Laden in our hands if Clinton took the deal. Would this have prevented 9/11 probably not but at least we would have had the master mind already in our grasp to face the music. Sure Clinton is the past but he and his policies for eight years lead us to where we are now.

quote:

quote:

Later

Takvah

You must be ... what LostInSpace... 15? You tell someone to go pack their bags and go get Osama? Will I have $150 billion dollars to do it? I bet I could do it for a lot less than that... can I keep the change?

Your retort is the typical response from an inferior intellect.

Hey I know... he wants him, he can go get him... TEEHEE! I'm sharp. Don't like the President... MOVE TO CANADA! Yeah... that's it. Anyone that disagrees must be a traitor and a communist! Yeah COMMUNIST.

Grow up.

I gave Bush three and a half years to avenge 3000 Americans. He hasn't done anything beyond destabilize the globe, create debt and engage in corporate welfare (very UNREPUBLICAN THINGS I MIGHT ADD). Letting him do anything else beyond sitting on his ass in Crawford frankly scares the crap outta me!

You must be ... what LostInSpace... 15? You tell someone to go pack their bags and go get Osama? Will I have $150 billion dollars to do it? I bet I could do it for a lot less than that... can I keep the change?

Hey I know... he wants him, he can go get him... TEEHEE! I'm sharp. Don't like the President... MOVE TO CANADA! Yeah... that's it. Anyone that disagrees must be a traitor and a communist! Yeah COMMUNIST.

Grow up.

I gave Bush three and a half years to avenge 3000 Americans. He hasn't done anything beyond destabilize the globe, create debt and engage in corporate welfare (very UNREPUBLICAN THINGS I MIGHT ADD). Letting him do anything else beyond sitting on his ass in Crawford frankly scares the crap outta me!

Grow up.

Ok im going to go out on a limb here, is there any resemblances of Chechnya with the current wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan????? For in Chechnya Russia has failed to understand the the thinking of the enemy, as we have in Iraq with simultaious attacks around the country and then the attacker melt back into society just like the recent attacks in Russia wich resulted in more that 50 people mainly officers and officials of the Russian government being killed,but yet again the media has burried this to the back pages so to speak, also we have almost daily casualtys coming from Iraq the same being with the Russians in Chechnya but the media seems to hardly cover Chechnya never draw comparesins between the two international conflicts, for instance Puntin says that Russia is at war with Chechnya because of Terrorism,kind of like one of the United States reasons for invading Iraq,with chechnya militants with a growing ties to extermists kind of like one of the United States reasons for invading Iraq,with Saddams so called ties to Al-Queda(0r The Base in Engish)look I was and still am for the War in Iraq even if some day i get drafted into the Military long shot but could happen but im just saying that there could be a link between Chechnya and Russia with the same disaterous consequences for the United States that happened to the familys of the Russian Soldiers who almost daily give there lives for there country protecting Russia from what???? Also a nother note here the second war with chechnya was once popular amongst the Russian population but once they again saw the brutal and often times deadly realites of war, they have since longed for a solution to the problem much like the US public now questioning there leaders in times of war much like in the vietnam war which is a whole nother topic

Ok im going to go out on a limb here, is there any resemblances of Chechnya with the current wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan????? For in Chechnya Russia has failed to understand the the thinking of the enemy, as we have in Iraq with simultaious attacks around the country and then the attacker melt back into society just like the recent attacks in Russia wich resulted in more that 50 people mainly officers and officials of the Russian government being killed,but yet again the media has burried this to the back pages so to speak, also we have almost daily casualtys coming from Iraq the same being with the Russians in Chechnya but the media seems to hardly cover Chechnya never draw comparesins between the two international conflicts, for instance Puntin says that Russia is at war with Chechnya because of Terrorism,kind of like one of the United States reasons for invading Iraq,with chechnya militants with a growing ties to extermists kind of like one of the United States reasons for invading Iraq,with Saddams so called ties to Al-Queda(0r The Base in Engish)look I was and still am for the War in Iraq even if some day i get drafted into the Military long shot but could happen but im just saying that there could be a link between Chechnya and Russia with the same disaterous consequences for the United States that happened to the familys of the Russian Soldiers who almost daily give there lives for there country protecting Russia from what???? Also a nother note here the second war with chechnya was once popular amongst the Russian population but once they again saw the brutal and often times deadly realites of war, they have since longed for a solution to the problem much like the US public now questioning there leaders in times of war much like in the vietnam war which is a whole nother topic

MY answer to this:

quote:

Street, not to sound provacative....but, who exactly is the REAL terrorist you speak of?

And another question for you, say for a moment, we work on building up a "good defense" and say we still get hit by another devestating attack. What do we do then in your opinion? Do we continue to be diplomatic and continue to build defensive measures?

When is offensive action considered "OK" in your mind?

Not trying to debate, just trying to gain understanding. :-)

First, The ONLY way one can STOP, what has been termed "a TERRORIST attack", is to KNOW what form of attack is coming, and from whome...This REQUIRES dilligent intelligence, and coordination of those responsible for gathering such.

If NONE of this is known, you have only 2 choices. 1: put every human being in a glass box and watch them. and 2: Respond and prosecute those who commit the crimes, AFTER they commit the crime.(Neither is a perfect solution, by any means).

If one would CONSIDER, what These type of attacks REALLY are, and use the proper definitions in recognizing them, THEN, and ONLY THEN can we begin to deal with them rationally.(bush is NOT being RATIONAL in his ideology concerning this)

A TERRORIST has, but ONE purpose in mind: "INSTILLING FEAR in their victims". (The ONLY people doing THIS AND ONLY THIS, is US!!) Now, before you jump on me for this statement,...read on....

The ATTACK on the WORLD trade center, was NOT merely to instill FEAR, but was an attack on the

WORLD BANK!!! or better defined:THE WORLD FINANCIAL institutions.(EXAMINE THE TENENTS which were based within the WORLD TRADE CENTER. A perspective, which has been carefully AVOIDED throughout ALL post 9/11 dialog)

9/11 was a MILITARY ATTACK,(NOT TERRORIST)on the UNITED STATES, AND the WORLD FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS(which the UNITED STATES is a LEADING associate) NOW the question is: WHY?.

We KNOW what ORGANIZATION carried out this attack,. THOSE who committed the ACTUAL crime DIED in the attack. so We initially went after THAT organization, or entity responsible(and rightfully so). STILL, the questiion is WHY?

If a COUNTRY attacks us, it is not TERMED, a terrorist attack; because, we KNOW their intent. The reason we know their intent: We have dipolmats in the various countries and we know where the DIPLOMATIC process has failed. we are fully aware of their REASON for attacking us.

Though, WE(the UNITED STATES) PUT the TALIBAN in power, within Afghanistan, while helping them DEFEAT the NORTHERN ALLIANCE, WE do NOT recognize the TALABAN(ALQUEDA) as we do an Individual COUNTRY or government.

WHY?...Because, they did not CONTROL the ENTIRE country, and were, but one FACTION, within the country, as a whole.(besides, it is convienent to term them TERRORIST, thus relieving us the responsibility of addressing the issue, as to WHY they deemed it necessary to attack US. or WHY they RETALIATE against us for our actions, which have caused them anquish within their country. ALL the while, we continued ignoring or recognizing the consequence of our actions which caused them HARM, within their communities, and/or countries!!)

When RUSSIA pulled out of afghanistan, WE pulled out. When we worked to establish PEACE with the factions within that country, prior to our withdraw of aid, WE DID NOT INVITE THE TALIBAN TO THE PEACE NEGOTIATING ACCORDS!! OUR AID suddenly stopped. They were left on the outside MANY STARVED and were attacked by opposing FACTIONS, but they preveiled within KABUL, and the sourrounding region. COST IN LIVES WERE HIGH.

Thus, they harbored ANYONE who was defiant against the U.S. International Agenda within the middle east, or just plain angry toward the UNITED STATES. Bin Laden, was one of those to later be harbored, and consequently he built up quite a large number of followers from throughout the MUSLUM nations, and in fact throughout the WORLD.

THIS is what instigated the hatred which progressed toward the end result:"9/11"

Diplomacy, can ONLY work, with an enemy, which one would consider worthy of a DIOLOMATIC relation. THIS has NEVER even been considered, with Enemies who were considered LOW THREAT, but ONLY with countries of formadable military capability.

Since, our Administration, does NOT consider ALQUEDA worthy of diplomatic communication, but place them as animals, only worthy of execution, there can NEVER be any way to work things out with them as an entity.

Attacking countries, as with IRAQ(who are independent of ALQUEDA)along with the deaths of so many innocent iraqi; holding citizens from 40 different (primarily muslim) countries, without acknowledging they are prisoners of WAR(thus NO geneva convention protection); THREATENING EVERY nation in the world to bend to OUR ideals and to hand over anyone who MIGHT be associated(even remotely)with an ENTITY we HAVE declared WAR upon, yet THAT entity is NOT an opponant WORTHY of negotiation.......???????????

The lynch MOB declaration of "WAR ON TERROR" is a falacy in its own sense. We are at WAR with an ENTITY, which has been SEPERATED from it's OWN govenoring power and from within its own country.

This ENTITY, has nothing to loose, because THEIR enemy(the U.S) will not recognize them as human beings and worthy of dialog, WHILE our international RESPONSE in IRAQ, has created a breeding ground for that entity!!! It is impossible for us to monitor EVERYONE in those little countries, and we have CREATED ANOTHER breeding ground for further "hate AMERICA ideology"

This kind of irrational responses to a very REAL problem will ONLY make the problem MORE severe in the future. The ENEMY will be MORE illusive, and grow ever stronger.

What is needed NOW?...There is a WHOLE LOT MORE TO FIX, than merely irradicate the REMNANTs of the ALQUEDA!! that is for sure.

We had already dislodged the Alqueda from their safety net, within afghanistan, and should have continued persueing their ability toward agression; HOWEVER, We should NEVER have used 9/11 as an EXCUSE toward CREATING an even MORE illusive, enemy, through ATTACKING another country within the middle east. THAT WAS IRRESPONSIBLE!!

As for using military force,against one who uses such force against the U.S?? I have NO problem with that, but I DO have a problem with INVADING another country, in order to CONTROL its assets, AND using FALSE statements, to get the united states population to believe TWISTED LIES, and to back such a move!!

AND YES, we continue to be DEFENSIVE...(NOT PREIMPTIVELY ATTACKING people SUSPECTED of being our enemy)

AND YES, WE SHOULD open DIALOG with OUR ENEMIES.

and we SHOULD be willing to make SOME concessions, in order to maintain security and GOOD WILL among other nations, and PEOPLES!!! (REFUSAL TO DO SO IS INSANE) regardless of our present military might!!!

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION!!!

[ 06-24-2004, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: street ]

MY answer to this:

quote:

Street, not to sound provacative....but, who exactly is the REAL terrorist you speak of?

And another question for you, say for a moment, we work on building up a "good defense" and say we still get hit by another devestating attack. What do we do then in your opinion? Do we continue to be diplomatic and continue to build defensive measures?

First, The ONLY way one can STOP, what has been termed "a TERRORIST attack", is to KNOW what form of attack is coming, and from whome...This REQUIRES dilligent intelligence, and coordination of those responsible for gathering such.

If NONE of this is known, you have only 2 choices. 1: put every human being in a glass box and watch them. and 2: Respond and prosecute those who commit the crimes, AFTER they commit the crime.(Neither is a perfect solution, by any means).

If one would CONSIDER, what These type of attacks REALLY are, and use the proper definitions in recognizing them, THEN, and ONLY THEN can we begin to deal with them rationally.(bush is NOT being RATIONAL in his ideology concerning this)

A TERRORIST has, but ONE purpose in mind: "INSTILLING FEAR in their victims". (The ONLY people doing THIS AND ONLY THIS, is US!!) Now, before you jump on me for this statement,...read on....

The ATTACK on the WORLD trade center, was NOT merely to instill FEAR, but was an attack on the

WORLD BANK!!! or better defined:THE WORLD FINANCIAL institutions.(EXAMINE THE TENENTS which were based within the WORLD TRADE CENTER. A perspective, which has been carefully AVOIDED throughout ALL post 9/11 dialog)

9/11 was a MILITARY ATTACK,(NOT TERRORIST)on the UNITED STATES, AND the WORLD FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS(which the UNITED STATES is a LEADING associate) NOW the question is: WHY?.

We KNOW what ORGANIZATION carried out this attack,. THOSE who committed the ACTUAL crime DIED in the attack. so We initially went after THAT organization, or entity responsible(and rightfully so). STILL, the questiion is WHY?

If a COUNTRY attacks us, it is not TERMED, a terrorist attack; because, we KNOW their intent. The reason we know their intent: We have dipolmats in the various countries and we know where the DIPLOMATIC process has failed. we are fully aware of their REASON for attacking us.

Though, WE(the UNITED STATES) PUT the TALIBAN in power, within Afghanistan, while helping them DEFEAT the NORTHERN ALLIANCE, WE do NOT recognize the TALABAN(ALQUEDA) as we do an Individual COUNTRY or government.

WHY?...Because, they did not CONTROL the ENTIRE country, and were, but one FACTION, within the country, as a whole.(besides, it is convienent to term them TERRORIST, thus relieving us the responsibility of addressing the issue, as to WHY they deemed it necessary to attack US. or WHY they RETALIATE against us for our actions, which have caused them anquish within their country. ALL the while, we continued ignoring or recognizing the consequence of our actions which caused them HARM, within their communities, and/or countries!!)

When RUSSIA pulled out of afghanistan, WE pulled out. When we worked to establish PEACE with the factions within that country, prior to our withdraw of aid, WE DID NOT INVITE THE TALIBAN TO THE PEACE NEGOTIATING ACCORDS!! OUR AID suddenly stopped. They were left on the outside MANY STARVED and were attacked by opposing FACTIONS, but they preveiled within KABUL, and the sourrounding region. COST IN LIVES WERE HIGH.

Thus, they harbored ANYONE who was defiant against the U.S. International Agenda within the middle east, or just plain angry toward the UNITED STATES. Bin Laden, was one of those to later be harbored, and consequently he built up quite a large number of followers from throughout the MUSLUM nations, and in fact throughout the WORLD.

THIS is what instigated the hatred which progressed toward the end result:"9/11"

Diplomacy, can ONLY work, with an enemy, which one would consider worthy of a DIOLOMATIC relation. THIS has NEVER even been considered, with Enemies who were considered LOW THREAT, but ONLY with countries of formadable military capability.

Since, our Administration, does NOT consider ALQUEDA worthy of diplomatic communication, but place them as animals, only worthy of execution, there can NEVER be any way to work things out with them as an entity.

Attacking countries, as with IRAQ(who are independent of ALQUEDA)along with the deaths of so many innocent iraqi; holding citizens from 40 different (primarily muslim) countries, without acknowledging they are prisoners of WAR(thus NO geneva convention protection); THREATENING EVERY nation in the world to bend to OUR ideals and to hand over anyone who MIGHT be associated(even remotely)with an ENTITY we HAVE declared WAR upon, yet THAT entity is NOT an opponant WORTHY of negotiation.......???????????

The lynch MOB declaration of "WAR ON TERROR" is a falacy in its own sense. We are at WAR with an ENTITY, which has been SEPERATED from it's OWN govenoring power and from within its own country.

This ENTITY, has nothing to loose, because THEIR enemy(the U.S) will not recognize them as human beings and worthy of dialog, WHILE our international RESPONSE in IRAQ, has created a breeding ground for that entity!!! It is impossible for us to monitor EVERYONE in those little countries, and we have CREATED ANOTHER breeding ground for further "hate AMERICA ideology"

This kind of irrational responses to a very REAL problem will ONLY make the problem MORE severe in the future. The ENEMY will be MORE illusive, and grow ever stronger.

What is needed NOW?...There is a WHOLE LOT MORE TO FIX, than merely irradicate the REMNANTs of the ALQUEDA!! that is for sure.

We had already dislodged the Alqueda from their safety net, within afghanistan, and should have continued persueing their ability toward agression; HOWEVER, We should NEVER have used 9/11 as an EXCUSE toward CREATING an even MORE illusive, enemy, through ATTACKING another country within the middle east. THAT WAS IRRESPONSIBLE!!

As for using military force,against one who uses such force against the U.S?? I have NO problem with that, but I DO have a problem with INVADING another country, in order to CONTROL its assets, AND using FALSE statements, to get the united states population to believe TWISTED LIES, and to back such a move!!

AND YES, we continue to be DEFENSIVE...(NOT PREIMPTIVELY ATTACKING people SUSPECTED of being our enemy)

and we SHOULD be willing to make SOME concessions, in order to maintain security and GOOD WILL among other nations, and PEOPLES!!! (REFUSAL TO DO SO IS INSANE) regardless of our present military might!!!

MY answer to this:

quote:

This is going to seem like a short reply to your larger post, Street. Doesn't mean I didn't read it though. :-)

My next question would be:

What concessions do you think are acceptable to make to terrorist organizations? Just to clarify, are you saying that it would be acceptable to open some kind of negotiations with Al Qaeda?

This is going to seem like a short reply to your larger post, Street. Doesn't mean I didn't read it though. :-)

What concessions do you think are acceptable to make to terrorist organizations? Just to clarify, are you saying that it would be acceptable to open some kind of negotiations with Al Qaeda?

quote:

1: You must be ... what LostInSpace... 15? You tell someone to go pack their bags and go get Osama?

2:Will I have $150 billion dollars to do it? I bet I could do it for a lot less than that... can I keep the change?

3: Your retort is the typical response from an inferior intellect.

4:Hey I know... he wants him, he can go get him... TEEHEE! I'm sharp. Don't like the President... MOVE TO CANADA! Yeah... that's it. Anyone that disagrees must be a traitor and a communist! Yeah COMMUNIST.

Grow up.

1: The meaning of that statement is if you wan't something done do it yourself. If not, you want to rely on other people to do it, then you just have to wait.

2: Now you're talking. I'll be waiting for your results in this endeavor.

3:And what liberal litmus paper do you base this on?

4:I'm not even going to bother with that one.

quote:

1:I gave Bush three and a half years to avenge 3000 Americans.

2:He hasn't done anything beyond destabilize the globe, create debt and engage in corporate welfare (very UNREPUBLICAN THINGS I MIGHT ADD).

3:Letting him do anything else beyond sitting on his ass in Crawford frankly scares the crap outta me!

1: There you go again. Proclaiming you want someone else to do the dirty work for you in your revenge for 3000 american lives. I don't see you running down to the nearest recruitment office to lend a helping hand in this effort. You cannot, I repeat cannot, put a time frame on this. In the spirit of SC It happens when it happens. It could take ten years to get Bin Laden and there is not one thing you or I can do about it. Putting a magical time frame on this is just a waste of time and sitting there and lamenting Bush is taking to long in capturing Bin Laden is just plane dumb. You cannot blame Bush on this. This is an intelligence and military issue. You wanna crank about how long it's taking to get Bin Laden go ask them.

2: 9/11 was a global destabilizating event in and of itself. The market itself and its fluctuations

also add from time to time global destabilization, long before 9/11, but it has always rebounded. The same with Bush. So he stepped on a few toes. Big deal. What are we suppose to do walk on egg shells to appease other countries. In time, hurt feelings and bruised egos will be mended. As for the debt, years before 9/11 and the Iraq/Afganistan war we were, and still are, in debt up to our butts. From then, till now, the dollar bill isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Bush's added debt, to the trillions that was already there, isn't going to matter one way or the other. The dollar bill is worthless. The only thing that has kept the dollar from collapsing is that the entire globe is dependant on it and if it falls so does the global economy.

3: You know what scares me 4 years of Kerry.

I notice you didn't respond to the other parts of my post about Bush being on the right track. In fact, you've totaly ignored it. Why? Because you know it's true. You cannot snap a finger and expect all to be right again. This is going to take time and I don't mean tomorrow or next year or the next. It may or may not who knows.

[ 06-24-2004, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

quote:

1: You must be ... what LostInSpace... 15? You tell someone to go pack their bags and go get Osama?

2:Will I have $150 billion dollars to do it? I bet I could do it for a lot less than that... can I keep the change?

4:Hey I know... he wants him, he can go get him... TEEHEE! I'm sharp. Don't like the President... MOVE TO CANADA! Yeah... that's it. Anyone that disagrees must be a traitor and a communist! Yeah COMMUNIST.

Grow up.

1: The meaning of that statement is if you wan't something done do it yourself. If not, you want to rely on other people to do it, then you just have to wait.

quote:

2:He hasn't done anything beyond destabilize the globe, create debt and engage in corporate welfare (very UNREPUBLICAN THINGS I MIGHT ADD).

3:Letting him do anything else beyond sitting on his ass in Crawford frankly scares the crap outta me!

1: There you go again. Proclaiming you want someone else to do the dirty work for you in your revenge for 3000 american lives. I don't see you running down to the nearest recruitment office to lend a helping hand in this effort. You cannot, I repeat cannot, put a time frame on this. In the spirit of SC It happens when it happens. It could take ten years to get Bin Laden and there is not one thing you or I can do about it. Putting a magical time frame on this is just a waste of time and sitting there and lamenting Bush is taking to long in capturing Bin Laden is just plane dumb. You cannot blame Bush on this. This is an intelligence and military issue. You wanna crank about how long it's taking to get Bin Laden go ask them.

2: 9/11 was a global destabilizating event in and of itself. The market itself and its fluctuations

also add from time to time global destabilization, long before 9/11, but it has always rebounded. The same with Bush. So he stepped on a few toes. Big deal. What are we suppose to do walk on egg shells to appease other countries. In time, hurt feelings and bruised egos will be mended. As for the debt, years before 9/11 and the Iraq/Afganistan war we were, and still are, in debt up to our butts. From then, till now, the dollar bill isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Bush's added debt, to the trillions that was already there, isn't going to matter one way or the other. The dollar bill is worthless. The only thing that has kept the dollar from collapsing is that the entire globe is dependant on it and if it falls so does the global economy.

I notice you didn't respond to the other parts of my post about Bush being on the right track. In fact, you've totaly ignored it. Why? Because you know it's true. You cannot snap a finger and expect all to be right again. This is going to take time and I don't mean tomorrow or next year or the next. It may or may not who knows.

quote:

Grow up.

quote:

I ignored the fact that Bush is on the right track (according to you) because it is just a ridiculous statement.

As for the rest, I said what I had to say. Bush is not what I had in mind when I voted for him. He is not what I had in mind when the Supreme Court mercifully heard my PRAYERS and selected him. He has turned out to be a nightmare.

As for doing the dirty work... I guess releasing shepherds and piling up prisoners that have no information on TERRORISM in pyramids and homoerotic poses is your idea of what... a tea party? This nation is engaged in nothing but dirty work these days kid... read a paper. If you think that this is an isolated bunch doing this you're not very bright, the same homoerotic techniques have been observed in Afghanistan and Guantanamo. Must be just seven whackos from Privates to Master Sergeants engaged in this... right? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. Twenty thousand mercenaries and interrogators employed by corporations... yeah, it's the military that is sick and perverted... MY ASS. Support the troops and let's get to the bottom of who is REALLY calling the shots in ordering this madness within these prisons. Or don't you care?

One week to Jaguar's return? I'll reserve my comments until his passion returns *snickers*.

Takvah

I ignored the fact that Bush is on the right track (according to you) because it is just a ridiculous statement.

As for the rest, I said what I had to say. Bush is not what I had in mind when I voted for him. He is not what I had in mind when the Supreme Court mercifully heard my PRAYERS and selected him. He has turned out to be a nightmare.

As for doing the dirty work... I guess releasing shepherds and piling up prisoners that have no information on TERRORISM in pyramids and homoerotic poses is your idea of what... a tea party? This nation is engaged in nothing but dirty work these days kid... read a paper. If you think that this is an isolated bunch doing this you're not very bright, the same homoerotic techniques have been observed in Afghanistan and Guantanamo. Must be just seven whackos from Privates to Master Sergeants engaged in this... right? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. Twenty thousand mercenaries and interrogators employed by corporations... yeah, it's the military that is sick and perverted... MY ASS. Support the troops and let's get to the bottom of who is REALLY calling the shots in ordering this madness within these prisons. Or don't you care?

One week to Jaguar's return? I'll reserve my comments until his passion returns *snickers*.

Takvah

quote:

Not according to me but according to the evidence. Show me your evidence that Bush's strategy is not on the right track.

quote:

As for doing the dirty work... I guess releasing shepherds and piling up prisoners that have no information on TERRORISM in pyramids and homoerotic poses is your idea of what... a tea party? This nation is engaged in nothing but dirty work these days kid... read a paper. If you think that this is an isolated bunch doing this you're not very bright, the same homoerotic techniques have been observed in Afghanistan and Guantanamo.

And how do you know these prisoners didn't have any information or weren't guilty of something. I know I can't say that for certain. If you believe that even a shepard can't be a terrorist or insurgent, I have pity on you.

Anyone that is caught always proclaims they are innocent. You call what went on in that prison abuse? Have you read what went on in past war's POW camps namely the American pows in Japanese camps. The treatment in the pictures that went on in Abu Ghraib prison, was a walk in the park. Sure it maybe distasteful to the eyes, but in a conflict zone distasteful events occur. I have never said it was an isolated bunch, nor do I care, they are there not me and not you and they do what they need to do under those circumstances.

Sometimes you just have to play the devil to fight the devil. READ A PAPER! You mean that liberal drivel I use for toilet paper. Yeah I give it the scrutiny it deserves with one eye.

Oh yeah, if you call me kid again I'm gunna go down there and throw a goat on you!

quote:

Not according to me but according to the evidence. Show me your evidence that Bush's strategy is not on the right track.

quote:

As for doing the dirty work... I guess releasing shepherds and piling up prisoners that have no information on TERRORISM in pyramids and homoerotic poses is your idea of what... a tea party? This nation is engaged in nothing but dirty work these days kid... read a paper. If you think that this is an isolated bunch doing this you're not very bright, the same homoerotic techniques have been observed in Afghanistan and Guantanamo.

And how do you know these prisoners didn't have any information or weren't guilty of something. I know I can't say that for certain. If you believe that even a shepard can't be a terrorist or insurgent, I have pity on you.

Anyone that is caught always proclaims they are innocent. You call what went on in that prison abuse? Have you read what went on in past war's POW camps namely the American pows in Japanese camps. The treatment in the pictures that went on in Abu Ghraib prison, was a walk in the park. Sure it maybe distasteful to the eyes, but in a conflict zone distasteful events occur. I have never said it was an isolated bunch, nor do I care, they are there not me and not you and they do what they need to do under those circumstances.

Sometimes you just have to play the devil to fight the devil. READ A PAPER! You mean that liberal drivel I use for toilet paper. Yeah I give it the scrutiny it deserves with one eye.

Oh yeah, if you call me kid again I'm gunna go down there and throw a goat on you!

I already stated what the problems are with this Administration. The President is a LIAR. You might not recognize BS when it's on your lip... but I do. You may not recognize the fact that Karzai is an oil consultant for Unocal and a CIA operative but I do. You might not know that there was a deal between Unocal and Afghanistan for a pipeline that went sour... but I do. You might not know that the PNAC declared that America in order to flex it's might needed a new Pearl Harbor, BUT I DO.

I am a Republican but I am not a NEOCON. What's a neocon? Look it up.

We needed to get oil from Turkmenistan to the ocean, we needed a pipeline between there and Pakistan... aka Afghanistan. We wined and we dined the Taliban... they said no deal. Osama blows up the WTC. We have Karzai a Unocal man in power, the American attache dealing with Afghanistan is a Unocal operative... and yet, HELL THERE IS NO STINK in the air for you?

We attacked Iraq, the number two oil reserve in the world. We wanted to attack Iraq EVEN AFTER WE KNEW OSAMA WAS IN AFGHANISTAN. Rumsfeld said, "there are more targets in Iraq even if he is in Afghanistan. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? Still no stink?

Saudi Arabia is in bed with Bush. The mass of the hijackers were Saudi. Saudi money is exported to madrasses (sp?) IN OTHER COUNTRIES where SAUDIS teach terrorism so that the king and his ridiculous regime don't become targets of their own people... IS THAT FIGHTING TERRORISM? Yet G.W. placates the Saudis. He even went so far as to show the Saudis the Iraqi warplan when it was marked NONFOR (meaning NO FOREIGNERS). Say what!?

You cannot be helped. As for calling you a kid... sorry, let me just say naive then. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were young rather than just ignorant. Maybe you should open BOTH of your eyes. What are you afraid you might see something that shatters your beliefs? Believe me, my beliefs were shattered... the very beliefs I hold sacred where it concerns conservatism and the Republican party have been dessimated by this guy. I'm just happy I woke the hell up. FOX NEWS ain't gonna tell you what you need to know to be informed. K?

I've wasted enough time on you. If you can't be bothered to open your eyes then YOU GO FIGHT this war... and send the kids that just wanted an education through the GI bill home. K? After all you believe in this crap, right?

Cheers.

I already stated what the problems are with this Administration. The President is a LIAR. You might not recognize BS when it's on your lip... but I do. You may not recognize the fact that Karzai is an oil consultant for Unocal and a CIA operative but I do. You might not know that there was a deal between Unocal and Afghanistan for a pipeline that went sour... but I do. You might not know that the PNAC declared that America in order to flex it's might needed a new Pearl Harbor, BUT I DO.

I am a Republican but I am not a NEOCON. What's a neocon? Look it up.

We needed to get oil from Turkmenistan to the ocean, we needed a pipeline between there and Pakistan... aka Afghanistan. We wined and we dined the Taliban... they said no deal. Osama blows up the WTC. We have Karzai a Unocal man in power, the American attache dealing with Afghanistan is a Unocal operative... and yet, HELL THERE IS NO STINK in the air for you?

We attacked Iraq, the number two oil reserve in the world. We wanted to attack Iraq EVEN AFTER WE KNEW OSAMA WAS IN AFGHANISTAN. Rumsfeld said, "there are more targets in Iraq even if he is in Afghanistan. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? Still no stink?

Saudi Arabia is in bed with Bush. The mass of the hijackers were Saudi. Saudi money is exported to madrasses (sp?) IN OTHER COUNTRIES where SAUDIS teach terrorism so that the king and his ridiculous regime don't become targets of their own people... IS THAT FIGHTING TERRORISM? Yet G.W. placates the Saudis. He even went so far as to show the Saudis the Iraqi warplan when it was marked NONFOR (meaning NO FOREIGNERS). Say what!?

You cannot be helped. As for calling you a kid... sorry, let me just say naive then. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were young rather than just ignorant. Maybe you should open BOTH of your eyes. What are you afraid you might see something that shatters your beliefs? Believe me, my beliefs were shattered... the very beliefs I hold sacred where it concerns conservatism and the Republican party have been dessimated by this guy. I'm just happy I woke the hell up. FOX NEWS ain't gonna tell you what you need to know to be informed. K?

I've wasted enough time on you. If you can't be bothered to open your eyes then YOU GO FIGHT this war... and send the kids that just wanted an education through the GI bill home. K? After all you believe in this crap, right?

Cheers.

quote:

You insist on calling me nieve or ignorant. However, I see your point of view and understand every thing you've been saying I just dissagree with your opion. That is not called nievity. You are the one with blinders on even after I laid out Bush's strategy in the fight against terrorism. No one said that Bin Laden was physicaly in Iraq but his operatives were. You may believe otherwise but the facts are there. Let me put it simply. Think of an octopuss. The head is Bin Laden and the many tentacles are his operatives. You are trying to approach the head but it's fighting back with it's tentacles. You chop away at the them until there is only the head left undefended and vulnerable. And before you say there was no link between Iraq and Al-QaedaSaddam and al Qaeda WERE Linked.

quote:

He even went so far as to show the Saudis the Iraqi warplan when it was marked NONFOR (meaning NO FOREIGNERS). Say what!?

Wrongo, show me the evidence for that. The only war plan that was leaked was from Chalabi to the Iranians.

quote:

You cannot be helped. As for calling you a kid... sorry, let me just say naive then. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were young rather than just ignorant.

If you only half the stuff I know and have read. I am neither naive or ignorant. I just don't subscribe to the left-wing or liberal view point who are ruining America.

quote:

FOX NEWS ain't gonna tell you what you need to know to be informed. K?

Niether are any of the other news media outlets.

It always comes down to that doesn't with you left-wingers or liberals. The right-wing has how many news media channels? 2-3 maybe. How many do the liberals and left-wingers have? All the rest.

But when you take examples off the right-wing news media it's as if you have taken it from the devil himself. Get a grip.

quote:

Cheers.

I am fighting this war by supporting our troops and the Commander in Chief whole heatedly.

When you join the military, for whatever reason, you take all the risks that come along with that. The military is serious business and is not a playground nor is it just a financial institution because you don't have the cash to pay for your education. Of course left-wingers and liberals will have you believe otherwise.

[ 06-25-2004, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]