Iraqi's rejoice, warn terrorists on radio

From the AP

quote:

Iraqis Rejoice, Warn Terrorists on Radio

Monday, June 28, 2004

BAGHDAD, Iraq ÔÇö Iraqi voices filled the airwaves of the nation's first independent talk radio station Monday, applauding a surprise move by the U.S.-led coalition to return sovereignty to Iraq two days early.

The callers clogged Radio Dijla's telephone lines to congratulate interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi (search), urging him to be strong, while warning insurgents against continued violence.

"I send my congratulations to all Iraqis and every Iraqi home," a woman who identified herself as Um Yassin gushed, her voice choked with emotion. "I want to tell Dr. Allawi to be bold, to be strong. We need him to build up the army because we need them at a time like this."

Her message was echoed by dozens on the day Prime Minister Allawi was given a letter transferring sovereignty back to the citizens of Iraq after about 14 months of coalition administration.

But in the midst of adulation for the new government, callers urged that all must be vigilant for insurgents seeking to sow more chaos in a country plagued by violence since Saddam Hussein's (search) regime was toppled.

"I send all the Iraqi people my blessings," said Ali, a caller from Baghdad (search). "But I warn these terrorists, all the Iraqis will rise up and strike them with steel."

With that threat, the station switched to an upbeat song by a Lebanese singer.

"People have been calling in all day, sending their greetings to the new government," said Ahmed al-Rikabi, who founded Radio Dijla about two months after working for years with broadcasters in Europe. "There is a feeling of joy among the listeners. But they are also expressing hope that the day will pass with no problems and no explosions."

"But we've also had calls from people pleading with the terrorists to let Iraqis live this day in peace."

Until well into the afternoon, the car bombings, insurgent attacks on police and government buildings and coalition forces that have become synonymous with daily life in post-Saddam Iraq were conspicuously absent. But the memory of past attacks were still fresh in listeners' memories.

On Baghdad FM, another channel that also hosts callers as well as music, Um Ali, a woman from Hillah, recalled the twin car bombings that struck the heart of her city Saturday night. The blasts claimed 17 lives in the predominantly Shiite city 60 miles south of the capital and injured about 40 others.

"It was nothing short of murder," she said. "Nobody wants any more incidents like this."

Callers to both stations also used the opportunity to stress that all Iraqis -- Sunnis, Shiites, Kurds and Christians -- should stand together in the face of the challenges the country is likely to face in the coming months.

"I say to our new government that everyone here is one," said Layla, calling in from the northern city of Kirkuk, where ethnic tensions have flared among the Arab, Kurdish and Turkomen populations.

This is what I am talking about,the letter that Zarkawi wrote was RIGHT on the money.

He said that if the US actually was able to hand over power to the Iraqi interim government, that he would be in deep trouble, because the people would rise up against him and the insurgents, and any power that they had would topple and go away.

It was in Al Quaedas BEST interest to cause as much havok as possible to make sure that the hand over of power did NOT happen.

This is music to my ears, the Iraqi people are going to come down on the terrorists much worse then we could have ever thought of.

They can kill them in the streets, they can murder them in their beds, where we now have to treat them with kid gloves.

It just makes it apparent to me that we will no longer be able to capture terrorists, we will just capture what's left of their bodies after the angry Iraqi's are finished with them.

From the AP

quote:

Monday, June 28, 2004

BAGHDAD, Iraq ÔÇö Iraqi voices filled the airwaves of the nation's first independent talk radio station Monday, applauding a surprise move by the U.S.-led coalition to return sovereignty to Iraq two days early.

The callers clogged Radio Dijla's telephone lines to congratulate interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi (search), urging him to be strong, while warning insurgents against continued violence.

"I send my congratulations to all Iraqis and every Iraqi home," a woman who identified herself as Um Yassin gushed, her voice choked with emotion. "I want to tell Dr. Allawi to be bold, to be strong. We need him to build up the army because we need them at a time like this."

Her message was echoed by dozens on the day Prime Minister Allawi was given a letter transferring sovereignty back to the citizens of Iraq after about 14 months of coalition administration.

But in the midst of adulation for the new government, callers urged that all must be vigilant for insurgents seeking to sow more chaos in a country plagued by violence since Saddam Hussein's (search) regime was toppled.

"I send all the Iraqi people my blessings," said Ali, a caller from Baghdad (search). "But I warn these terrorists, all the Iraqis will rise up and strike them with steel."

"People have been calling in all day, sending their greetings to the new government," said Ahmed al-Rikabi, who founded Radio Dijla about two months after working for years with broadcasters in Europe. "There is a feeling of joy among the listeners. But they are also expressing hope that the day will pass with no problems and no explosions."

"But we've also had calls from people pleading with the terrorists to let Iraqis live this day in peace."

Until well into the afternoon, the car bombings, insurgent attacks on police and government buildings and coalition forces that have become synonymous with daily life in post-Saddam Iraq were conspicuously absent. But the memory of past attacks were still fresh in listeners' memories.

On Baghdad FM, another channel that also hosts callers as well as music, Um Ali, a woman from Hillah, recalled the twin car bombings that struck the heart of her city Saturday night. The blasts claimed 17 lives in the predominantly Shiite city 60 miles south of the capital and injured about 40 others.

"It was nothing short of murder," she said. "Nobody wants any more incidents like this."

Callers to both stations also used the opportunity to stress that all Iraqis -- Sunnis, Shiites, Kurds and Christians -- should stand together in the face of the challenges the country is likely to face in the coming months.

"I say to our new government that everyone here is one," said Layla, calling in from the northern city of Kirkuk, where ethnic tensions have flared among the Arab, Kurdish and Turkomen populations.

This is what I am talking about,the letter that Zarkawi wrote was RIGHT on the money.

He said that if the US actually was able to hand over power to the Iraqi interim government, that he would be in deep trouble, because the people would rise up against him and the insurgents, and any power that they had would topple and go away.

It was in Al Quaedas BEST interest to cause as much havok as possible to make sure that the hand over of power did NOT happen.

This is music to my ears, the Iraqi people are going to come down on the terrorists much worse then we could have ever thought of.

They can kill them in the streets, they can murder them in their beds, where we now have to treat them with kid gloves.

It just makes it apparent to me that we will no longer be able to capture terrorists, we will just capture what's left of their bodies after the angry Iraqi's are finished with them.

And just because a lot of you, I imagine, DO NOT actually look into these things, considering the garbage that you spew.

Read this story and then the original letter.

Intelligence in a number of countries have stated that there is a 90% probability that this is indeed from Zarcowi to Osama Bin Laden.

Story

Letter

The letter is long, but oh so illuminating......

The crusades ended 300 or so years ago, right?

Not according to this nutburger.....

And just because a lot of you, I imagine, DO NOT actually look into these things, considering the garbage that you spew.

Read this story and then the original letter.

Intelligence in a number of countries have stated that there is a 90% probability that this is indeed from Zarcowi to Osama Bin Laden.

Story

Letter

The letter is long, but oh so illuminating......

The crusades ended 300 or so years ago, right?

Not according to this nutburger.....

quote:

Monday, June 28, 2004

The other side of the coin

quote:

Monday, June 28, 2004

The other side of the coin

this station obviously does not represent the iraqi people...sounds more like an american propaganda machine. if we were welcomed in this country, we sould not have more than 800 soldiers dead as a result of being an occupying force. at any rate, welcome to my nightmare, bush radio

this station obviously does not represent the iraqi people...sounds more like an american propaganda machine. if we were welcomed in this country, we sould not have more than 800 soldiers dead as a result of being an occupying force. at any rate, welcome to my nightmare, bush radio

quote:

In Baghdad's predominantly Sunni district of Adhamiya,
which is known for its diehard support of ousted president Saddam Hussein
(news - web sites), there was a sense of nostalgia for the old days and stoicism in coping with today's problems

Oh yeah, we're gonna get some real normal everyday Iraqi reaction here....NOT

This guy went out of his way to find people that he could spin the way he wanted....LOL

At least he admits it, unlike a lot of the reporters over there.

quote:

In Baghdad's predominantly Sunni district of Adhamiya,
which is known for its diehard support of ousted president Saddam Hussein
(news - web sites), there was a sense of nostalgia for the old days and stoicism in coping with today's problems

Oh yeah, we're gonna get some real normal everyday Iraqi reaction here....NOT

This guy went out of his way to find people that he could spin the way he wanted....LOL

At least he admits it, unlike a lot of the reporters over there.

quote:

Originally posted by El Che:

YOu really do need to get a grip on reality El Che, your dreamworld does not exist.

800 soldiers killed is nothing, considering the scope and size of the operation.

we lose 3 times that just in exercises in the US EVERY year, yes, around 2400 soldiers die each year just in TRAINING exercises.

So to freak out over 800 in combat is not only silly, it's downright crazy...LOL

THen again, you do like to make a mountain out of a molehill, when it comes to this war anyway.

800 died for nothing? Get a grip, they have freed 25 mmillion people, and some are just NOW coming to grips of what is actually going on. THe elections will be held soon, the Iraqi military and police are coming online, and soon we wohn't have to provide the security necassary to hold the peace, the Iraqi's will do it themselves.

Those 800 brave soldiers died fighting the war on terrorism, and more will probably die, but we have killed 10's of thousands of terrorists, and the terrorists are running scared.

You run around saying the crazy stuff you are saying, just be glad you're in California, say stupid stuff like that around here, and you just might not be able to talk at all....LOL

quote:

YOu really do need to get a grip on reality El Che, your dreamworld does not exist.

800 soldiers killed is nothing, considering the scope and size of the operation.

we lose 3 times that just in exercises in the US EVERY year, yes, around 2400 soldiers die each year just in TRAINING exercises.

So to freak out over 800 in combat is not only silly, it's downright crazy...LOL

THen again, you do like to make a mountain out of a molehill, when it comes to this war anyway.

800 died for nothing? Get a grip, they have freed 25 mmillion people, and some are just NOW coming to grips of what is actually going on. THe elections will be held soon, the Iraqi military and police are coming online, and soon we wohn't have to provide the security necassary to hold the peace, the Iraqi's will do it themselves.

Those 800 brave soldiers died fighting the war on terrorism, and more will probably die, but we have killed 10's of thousands of terrorists, and the terrorists are running scared.

You run around saying the crazy stuff you are saying, just be glad you're in California, say stupid stuff like that around here, and you just might not be able to talk at all....LOL

That's not the only place he visited in the city.

quote:

In other parts of the city like mainly Shiite Kadhimiyah and the central Harithiya district, people showed little interest in expressing their opinion about the handover, even as radio stations played festive tunes for the "historic moment".

quote:

In other parts of the city like mainly Shiite Kadhimiyah and the central Harithiya district, people showed little interest in expressing their opinion about the handover, even as radio stations played festive tunes for the "historic moment".

quote:

Originally posted by jamotto:

quote:

You betcha, 30 years of saying the wrong thing ended you up tortured, raped or killed, and after 15 months of occupation, you think that most Iraqi's are gonna just pop up and say how they feel, yeah, right, sure thing.

These people have been programmed, it's gonna take a while before they can be unprogrammed and actually realize that they do indeed have the right to say what they feel.

YOu keep trying to toss the American culture in there, or what you would say, well, it doesn't work that way. These people have been jerked around, abused, tortured etc for more then 30 years, the survivors are surviviors because they have kept their opinions to themselves.

it isn't gonna change overnight.

It took over a decade to get Germany to some semblance of order, and to get rid of the last Nazi sympathizers, same with japan, and you think that in 15 months, we can change an entire culture?

Boy, you are either just moving the goalposts, as usual, or are just plain crazy even thinking it...

quote:

Originally posted by jamotto:

quote:

You betcha, 30 years of saying the wrong thing ended you up tortured, raped or killed, and after 15 months of occupation, you think that most Iraqi's are gonna just pop up and say how they feel, yeah, right, sure thing.

These people have been programmed, it's gonna take a while before they can be unprogrammed and actually realize that they do indeed have the right to say what they feel.

YOu keep trying to toss the American culture in there, or what you would say, well, it doesn't work that way. These people have been jerked around, abused, tortured etc for more then 30 years, the survivors are surviviors because they have kept their opinions to themselves.

it isn't gonna change overnight.

It took over a decade to get Germany to some semblance of order, and to get rid of the last Nazi sympathizers, same with japan, and you think that in 15 months, we can change an entire culture?

Boy, you are either just moving the goalposts, as usual, or are just plain crazy even thinking it...

quote:

[QB][/QB]

uhm, you know, you can edit your post instead of making four posts within the span of few minutes.

Or better yet, why not collect ALL your floating thoughts, THEN commit them to a single post? Or would that be too easy?