Iraqi's rejoice, warn terrorists on radio

quote:

Originally posted by El Che:

[QB][/QB]

uhm, you know, you can edit your post instead of making four posts within the span of few minutes.

Or better yet, why not collect ALL your floating thoughts, THEN commit them to a single post? Or would that be too easy?

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

THen again, you do like to make a mountain out of a molehill, when it comes to this war anyway.

/taps mic

*tap* *tap* is this thing on?

newsflash....

We're still in Bosnia

We're still in Afghanistan

We're going to be in Iraq for a very, very long time.

quote:

THen again, you do like to make a mountain out of a molehill, when it comes to this war anyway.

/taps mic

*tap* *tap* is this thing on?

newsflash....

We're still in Bosnia

We're still in Afghanistan

We're going to be in Iraq for a very, very long time.

I believe, many do not recognize,how over extended, our military obligations have become; nor, how much MORE will be required, if we continue with this type OFFENSIVE, throughout the world.

Even as Hitlar's Germany, was the most advanced and most powerful country of it's day; the ONLY thing that stopped them, was their OVER extended responsibilities, and inability to distribute resource. A lesson, worthy to be observed.

I see this interim, as a political card dealt, with mixed result. It gives bush an ability to back peddle, as even HE recognizes, he has bitten off more than he could comfortably swallow. It, also, has the dual benefit, to appease the IRAQI population(to some degree)as to the oppressiveness of U.S. occupation;thus reducing the ANTI-AMERICAN sentiment among the average citizen of IRAQ.

As with EVERY move, I have observed, from the BUSH administration; there is multiple purpose.(shrewd, but deceitful to the American populace)

ANOTHER benefit(most important to this administration, as PRINCIPLE,is beyond their comprehension),to this early (symbolic)handover of power, to the interim government; is PURELY a political attempt, to win favor for re-election among the AMERICAN people.

I believe, in months to come,(just as when the statue was pulled down) evidence will PROVE this to be PRIMARILY a U.S Propaghandanized attempt to manipulate a twisted perspective concerning the attitude of the average IRAQI.

I believe, the majority, just want us out. PERIOD!

Sure, those who benefit from Saddam's fall, are happy....but there are (most likely)JUST as many(minus a couple hundred thousand,we killed) who were equally happy under saddam, as they are sitting beneath this NEW idea of government.

I do NOT question, we can deal with Iraq, or Afghanistan, regardless of how those people feel. I DO question our ability to deal with a REAL threat, be that it show its face ,in the near future; while we continue to play MILITARY POLICE, throughout the rest of the world.

THIS is the REAL threat to AMERICAS security, which AMERICANS NEED recognize.

I believe, many do not recognize,how over extended, our military obligations have become; nor, how much MORE will be required, if we continue with this type OFFENSIVE, throughout the world.

Even as Hitlar's Germany, was the most advanced and most powerful country of it's day; the ONLY thing that stopped them, was their OVER extended responsibilities, and inability to distribute resource. A lesson, worthy to be observed.

I see this interim, as a political card dealt, with mixed result. It gives bush an ability to back peddle, as even HE recognizes, he has bitten off more than he could comfortably swallow. It, also, has the dual benefit, to appease the IRAQI population(to some degree)as to the oppressiveness of U.S. occupation;thus reducing the ANTI-AMERICAN sentiment among the average citizen of IRAQ.

As with EVERY move, I have observed, from the BUSH administration; there is multiple purpose.(shrewd, but deceitful to the American populace)

ANOTHER benefit(most important to this administration, as PRINCIPLE,is beyond their comprehension),to this early (symbolic)handover of power, to the interim government; is PURELY a political attempt, to win favor for re-election among the AMERICAN people.

I believe, in months to come,(just as when the statue was pulled down) evidence will PROVE this to be PRIMARILY a U.S Propaghandanized attempt to manipulate a twisted perspective concerning the attitude of the average IRAQI.

I believe, the majority, just want us out. PERIOD!

Sure, those who benefit from Saddam's fall, are happy....but there are (most likely)JUST as many(minus a couple hundred thousand,we killed) who were equally happy under saddam, as they are sitting beneath this NEW idea of government.

I do NOT question, we can deal with Iraq, or Afghanistan, regardless of how those people feel. I DO question our ability to deal with a REAL threat, be that it show its face ,in the near future; while we continue to play MILITARY POLICE, throughout the rest of the world.

THIS is the REAL threat to AMERICAS security, which AMERICANS NEED recognize.

quote:

quote:if we continue with this type OFFENSIVE, throughout the world.

You will.

Sadly, that DOES appear to be the direction this administration IS taking.

WE will see what WE can do about that!!

(my poor senator is getting writing cramps, responding to ALL my friend's and my(collaborated) request..as is my representatives and congressman)

quote:

quote:if we continue with this type OFFENSIVE, throughout the world.

You will.

Sadly, that DOES appear to be the direction this administration IS taking.

WE will see what WE can do about that!!

(my poor senator is getting writing cramps, responding to ALL my friend's and my(collaborated) request..as is my representatives and congressman)

And as long as the terrorists are on the defensive, they cannot concentrate on terrorist attacks here, they are too busy trying to save their sorry asses and cause trouble in their homelands, then come here and kill our civilians.

The war has worked and continues to work, we will and MUST stay on the offensive if we are to win this war.

Yes, we are going to be in Iraq for at aleast another decade, same with Afghanistan, but the terrorists have LOST 2 of their major sponsors and friends.

Iran will fall by itself, and Syria is scared to death because we are right next door.

You guys think about the now, and that's it, right now we are overextended, WRONG, but that's OK, go ahead and think that.

YOu don't think about the LONG term results of this action, I have, and do.

It has been a BRILLIANT strategic maneuver, we have MORE countries cooperating with us then ever have before. Lybia, handed over ALL their WMD's, just gave them to us, Iran has inspectors in, North Korea has kept their piehole shut.

The shortterm effects on the rogue countries has been profound and SUDDEN, the long term effects are going to be even greater.

But you don't care about that, you just care about the fact that you somehow feel that Bush lied, and that is the BIGGEST crock of all.

Well, you get what you vote for, so, if and when Kerry is elected, I foresee 2 things, and you heard it here first.

A: within 2 years, the economy will tank, and B: within 6 months, we will have a terrorist attack here in the US greater in scope then 911.

That is if Kerry is elected.

If Bush is elected A: the economy will continue to go forward and move along a good clip, B: the mullahs in Iran will fall and a democratic government will be put in place there, Syria will give up the WMD's from Iraq that they are hiding, and C: you will not see ANY major terrorist attacks on US soil.

And as long as the terrorists are on the defensive, they cannot concentrate on terrorist attacks here, they are too busy trying to save their sorry asses and cause trouble in their homelands, then come here and kill our civilians.

The war has worked and continues to work, we will and MUST stay on the offensive if we are to win this war.

Yes, we are going to be in Iraq for at aleast another decade, same with Afghanistan, but the terrorists have LOST 2 of their major sponsors and friends.

Iran will fall by itself, and Syria is scared to death because we are right next door.

You guys think about the now, and that's it, right now we are overextended, WRONG, but that's OK, go ahead and think that.

YOu don't think about the LONG term results of this action, I have, and do.

It has been a BRILLIANT strategic maneuver, we have MORE countries cooperating with us then ever have before. Lybia, handed over ALL their WMD's, just gave them to us, Iran has inspectors in, North Korea has kept their piehole shut.

The shortterm effects on the rogue countries has been profound and SUDDEN, the long term effects are going to be even greater.

But you don't care about that, you just care about the fact that you somehow feel that Bush lied, and that is the BIGGEST crock of all.

Well, you get what you vote for, so, if and when Kerry is elected, I foresee 2 things, and you heard it here first.

A: within 2 years, the economy will tank, and B: within 6 months, we will have a terrorist attack here in the US greater in scope then 911.

That is if Kerry is elected.

If Bush is elected A: the economy will continue to go forward and move along a good clip, B: the mullahs in Iran will fall and a democratic government will be put in place there, Syria will give up the WMD's from Iraq that they are hiding, and C: you will not see ANY major terrorist attacks on US soil.

quote:

You run around saying the crazy stuff you are saying, just be glad you're in California, say stupid stuff like that around here, and you just might not be able to talk at all....LOL

thats neither funny nor legal, he has his freedom of speech in washington as well as california, or was the recently revoked?

quote:

Originally posted by street:

did street ring the gong of enlightenment

quote:

even a cornered rat fights back, and when they bite it hurts

hey Jag i have 1 question, how come in the past 50 or so years, every republican president we have had has taken this nation into a conflict?

quote:

You run around saying the crazy stuff you are saying, just be glad you're in California, say stupid stuff like that around here, and you just might not be able to talk at all....LOL

thats neither funny nor legal, he has his freedom of speech in washington as well as california, or was the recently revoked?

quote:

Originally posted by street:

did street ring the gong of enlightenment

quote:

even a cornered rat fights back, and when they bite it hurts

hey Jag i have 1 question, how come in the past 50 or so years, every republican president we have had has taken this nation into a conflict?

quote:

Originally posted by Enigma:

Please!! Please!! tell me that I'm not seeing what I'm seeing here. I hope it's that I need glasses because I just can't believe my eyes.

A little late but here's my full answer to this absurd remark.

Hmmm, I smell public school education rearing it's ugly head again.

WWI-Woodrow Wilson DEMOCRAT

WWII -Franklin D. Roosevelt and then Harry Truman DEMOCRATS

Korean War- Harry Truman DEMOCRAT

Mind you that both Wilson and Roosevelt swore while on the campaign trail that we will not get involved in a war.

Woodrow Wilson

"By virtue of this legislation and the slogan "he kept us out of war," Wilson narrowly won re-election.

But after the election Wilson concluded that America could not remain neutral in the World War. On April 2,1917, he asked Congress for a declaration of war on Germany."

Vietnam-John F. Kennedy and then Johnson both DEMOCRATS

[EDIT] I forgot to add the Cuban missle crisis that was just inches away from a nuclear war. John F. Kennedy again.

Ended the vietnam war- Richard Nixon REPUBLICAN.

Gulf War 1-George Bush sr. REPUBLICAN

Hatian conflict-Clinton DEMOCRAT

Involvement in the BOSNIAN-SERB WAR - (without UN or french approval mind you) Clinton DEMOCRAT

War on Terrorsism- George W. Bush jr. REPUBLICAN

[ 07-03-2004, 05:07 AM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

quote:

Please!! Please!! tell me that I'm not seeing what I'm seeing here. I hope it's that I need glasses because I just can't believe my eyes.

A little late but here's my full answer to this absurd remark.

Hmmm, I smell public school education rearing it's ugly head again.

WWI-Woodrow Wilson DEMOCRAT

WWII -Franklin D. Roosevelt and then Harry Truman DEMOCRATS

Korean War- Harry Truman DEMOCRAT

Mind you that both Wilson and Roosevelt swore while on the campaign trail that we will not get involved in a war.

Woodrow Wilson

"By virtue of this legislation and the slogan "he kept us out of war," Wilson narrowly won re-election.

But after the election Wilson concluded that America could not remain neutral in the World War. On April 2,1917, he asked Congress for a declaration of war on Germany."

Vietnam-John F. Kennedy and then Johnson both DEMOCRATS

[EDIT] I forgot to add the Cuban missle crisis that was just inches away from a nuclear war. John F. Kennedy again.

Ended the vietnam war- Richard Nixon REPUBLICAN.

Gulf War 1-George Bush sr. REPUBLICAN

Hatian conflict-Clinton DEMOCRAT

Involvement in the BOSNIAN-SERB WAR - (without UN or french approval mind you) Clinton DEMOCRAT

War on Terrorsism- George W. Bush jr. REPUBLICAN

[ 07-03-2004, 05:07 AM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]

quote:

quote:

I live near a military base, he says crap like that, he is likely to get it beat out of him. Don't like it? Too bad....LOL

quote:

I think LIS answered that question rather well.

That public schooling can be hard to deal with sometimes. Perhaps you ought to work on your research skills?

quote:

quote:

I live near a military base, he says crap like that, he is likely to get it beat out of him. Don't like it? Too bad....LOL

quote:

That public schooling can be hard to deal with sometimes. Perhaps you ought to work on your research skills?

quote:

quote:

quote:

i dont like it, and i have a problem with it. go into the inner-city, and tell someone there they cant say what they like cause it makes bush look bad, then see whos laughin

quote:

quote:

first public schooling doesnt mean stupidity, second sorry i dont live in a rich family who could send me to a private school

and as for my question, i would admit i was wrong with the statement but then you might get a bigger ego

[ 07-03-2004, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: Enigma ]

quote:

quote:

quote:

i dont like it, and i have a problem with it. go into the inner-city, and tell someone there they cant say what they like cause it makes bush look bad, then see whos laughin

quote:

quote:

first public schooling doesnt mean stupidity, second sorry i dont live in a rich family who could send me to a private school

and as for my question, i would admit i was wrong with the statement but then you might get a bigger ego

[ 07-03-2004, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: Enigma ]

quote:

1:first public schooling doesnt mean stupidity, second sorry i dont live in a rich family who could send me to a private school

2:and as for my question, i would admit i was wrong with the statement but then you might get a bigger ego

1: Neither do I come from a rich family. Low-middle class if even that. Yet my parents scrapped enough to send me and my 4 siblings to catholic school.

2: Damn, you guys just won't cut us any slack will ya!

quote:

1:first public schooling doesnt mean stupidity, second sorry i dont live in a rich family who could send me to a private school

2:and as for my question, i would admit i was wrong with the statement but then you might get a bigger ego

1: Neither do I come from a rich family. Low-middle class if even that. Yet my parents scrapped enough to send me and my 4 siblings to catholic school.

2: Damn, you guys just won't cut us any slack will ya!