U.S. Military Deaths in Iraq Pass 1,000

jamotto

quote:

Originally posted by Baloogan:

"Evidence is OBVIOUSLY needed, otherwise the world BASHES us for everything. We have ACTUALY WMD's that have been FOUND IN IRAQ, yet you don't hear a thing about it, We have FOUND, plans etc for the reinstitution of his WMD programs, yet you don't hear a thing about it, We have FOUND MASS graves, yet that wasn't a reason we went in, according to some, so those don't count. WE have figured out where the WMD's have gone, yet again, you don't hear a thing about that, because the "evidence" isn't good enough."

Why do you worry about world opinion of america? Isn't that something that a democrat does?

Because there is an election to win, once the election is won by Bush, I have a feeling the whole tenor of this war is gonna change.

The politically correct BS will hopefully go out a window and we can really get down to business. As in KILLING terrorists, and taking out Terrorist supporting regimes.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

quote:

"Evidence is OBVIOUSLY needed, otherwise the world BASHES us for everything. We have ACTUALY WMD's that have been FOUND IN IRAQ, yet you don't hear a thing about it, We have FOUND, plans etc for the reinstitution of his WMD programs, yet you don't hear a thing about it, We have FOUND MASS graves, yet that wasn't a reason we went in, according to some, so those don't count. WE have figured out where the WMD's have gone, yet again, you don't hear a thing about that, because the "evidence" isn't good enough."

Why do you worry about world opinion of america? Isn't that something that a democrat does?

Because there is an election to win, once the election is won by Bush, I have a feeling the whole tenor of this war is gonna change.

The politically correct BS will hopefully go out a window and we can really get down to business. As in KILLING terrorists, and taking out Terrorist supporting regimes.

so russians and frenchmen and germanmen and canadians are registered voters?

1.Didnt France, Russia and America give armements to irag in the first place, when they werent seen as a threat.

2.WMD's are easily availiable since the soviet union broke down (nuclear rods for reactors can be found in fields near bases, these can be used to make dirty bombs) So even if iraq had never started A WMD programme terrorists could still easily make a dangerous bomb.

3.Im not sure if those figures at the start included casualties or kills from other countries militaries.

• 2 weeks later...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- In a final report to be made public Wednesday, investigators will conclude that Saddam Hussein didn't possess stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction at the time of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.

Based in part on interviews with Saddam, the report from the CIA-led Iraq Survey Group also will conclude that he wanted to acquire weapons of mass destruction because he believed they kept the United States from going all the way to Baghdad during the first Gulf War.

Saddam also believed they stopped an Iranian ground offensive during the Iran-Iraq War in the 1980s, the senior administration officials said.

The report also will find that Iraq made strenuous efforts to evade U.N. sanctions and pursued an aggressive strategy to try to get them lifted, which included subverting the U.N. oil-for-food program, the senior administration officials said -- adding that the report will name names of individuals and countries that illegally did business with Saddam.

Other U.S. officials confirmed to CNN Tuesday that the report from the Iraq Survey Group will cite evidence that Iraq's intelligence agency used clandestine labs to manufacture small quantities of biological weapons in recent years, although probably for use in assassinations, rather than mass casualty attacks.

An official with knowledge of the report declined to specify what kind of biological weapons were involved. The information was first reported Tuesday by the New York Times.

The Iraq Survey Group's final report, which will run between 1,200 to 1,500 pages, will be presented to Congress Wednesday by Charles Duelfer, who has been leading the effort to search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq since January, when his predecessor, David Kay, resigned.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan argued Tuesday that the report's findings support the military action taken by President Bush, even though stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction have not been found.

"I think the report will continue to show that [saddam] was a gathering threat that needed to be taken seriously, that it was a matter of time before he was going to begin pursuing those weapons of mass destruction," McClellan said.

But the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Jane Harman, D-Calif., said that before the war "we were told about mushroom clouds and stockpiles. Stockpiles. If we are told about traces (of weapons) and intentions, that's not what we were told before the war."

Harman, who said she has not seen the report, said she expects the "new evidence" on Iraqi WMD programs to be about "traces of weapons from 1985" and not anything dramatically new.

Senior administration officials who have seen the report said it will conclude that Saddam Hussein was pursuing an aggressive strategy to subvert the oil-for-food program and get out from under U.N. sanctions through illegal financing and procurement schemes.

Once U.N. sanctions were lifted, Saddam intended to reconstitute his WMD programs, the report will conclude, according to the senior administration officials. To that end, the Iraqi dictator bought illegal materials to better position the regime to restart those programs, the report will say.

According to the senior administration officials, the report will also find that Saddam directed his Foreign Ministry to put in place a strategy to end sanctions, aimed at U.N. Security Council members and international public opinion.

As part of those efforts, the report will find that Saddam personally approved the recipients of an oil voucher distribution system, which was designed to influence other nations and individuals to lift the U.N. sanctions and help him import prohibited material, the senior administration officials said.

The report will include names of individuals and countries that did business with the Iraqi regime through the oil-for-food program, both legally and illegally. The senior administration officials would not provide names of those businesses but did say that American, French, Russian and Polish businesses are mentioned.

quote:

Once U.N. sanctions were lifted, Saddam intended to reconstitute his WMD programs, the report will conclude, according to the senior administration officials. To that end, the Iraqi dictator bought illegal materials to better position the regime to restart those programs, the report will say.

According to the senior administration officials, the report will also find that Saddam directed his Foreign Ministry to put in place a strategy to end sanctions, aimed at U.N. Security Council members and international public opinion.

As part of those efforts, the report will find that Saddam personally approved the recipients of an oil voucher distribution system, which was designed to influence other nations and individuals to lift the U.N. sanctions and help him import prohibited material, the senior administration officials said.

Why is it that the most important part of the article is at the end?

Oh, that's right, because MOST people don't read an entire article, they read the first few paragraphs and move on.

quote:

Why is it that the most important part of the article is at the end?

Oh, that's right, because MOST people don't read an entire article, they read the first few paragraphs and move on.

not true, bush...err I mean Jag, MOST people are

smarter, and more attentive, than you give them credit.

as for the end being the most important,,,not hardly, your reading comprehension forgets to acknowledge this line, held with in it:

quote:

according to the senior administration officials.

and how ANYONE can give any credibility to ANYTHING this administration says... is totally beyond me.

FACT: There is not ONE thing, this administration has related to the american public, which is not buried in OUTRIGHT LIES!!

Hey street, why don't you finish quoting the paragraph?

quote:

...according to the senior administration officials. To that end, the Iraqi dictator bought illegal materials to better position the regime to restart those programs, the report will say.

According to them the REPORT will say it, not the "senior administration officials".

poor jag, gonna raise his kids, in a fashion where they too will have no idea, what reality is, or how to deal with it.

Yes, BUSH is a LIAR, and EVERYTHING he has relayed to the American population has been and IS a LIE.

Sorry your not smart enough to see it.

BELEIEVE A LIE AND BE DAMMNED....more power to you and your kind

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by street:

Yes, BUSH is a LIAR, and EVERYTHING he has relayed to the American population has been and IS a LIE.

I find this statment amusing.

I find it absolutely HILARIOUS!!

But that's just me....

And he calles me an extremist?

quote:

You ARE an extremist Jag.

No Baloogan, I am a realist, I look for the truth, find it and repeat it.

IF that makes me an extremist, then so be it.

I also believe in right and wrong, Black and White, there may be shades of gray in certain things, but NOT in everything.

If that makes me an extremist, so be it.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

I consider this additude extremest.

Killing terrorist before they kill us is extremist?

Hmm, well, You must be happy to live in Canada then, where Political correctness isn't just a word, it's a way of life.