AR ban expires on monday!

TARWMSRK

Figure's CNN wouldn't go into detail about WHICH firearm's are banned... just goes to show that they care more about reporting it, then letting the people know WHAT is banned exactly and will be become availible IF this isn't voted upon

Assault Weapon Ban List

Aye

Personally, I'm both for and against this Ban

For it cause it keep's idiot's from getting ahold of guns

But against it because criminal's STILL have access to guns and can harm the common citizen weather this ban goes through or not

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Aye

Personally, I'm both for and against this Ban

For it cause it keep's idiot's from getting ahold of guns

But against it because criminal's STILL have access to guns and can harm the common citizen weather this ban goes through or not

It doesn't keep ANYONE, least of all idiots from getting hold of guns.

The Assault Weapons ban was nonsense, it was a feel good bill, written by MORONS that didn't have a clue what an assault weapon is or was.

Idiots cannot get hold of guns anyway, that's why there is a background check on ALL gun purchases.

Yeah, right.

No matter what congress or any lawmaking body do, idiots and criminals will get hold of guns, the only way to keep such people from killing others is to make sure that those of us who are responsible gun owners, can legally own guns, and carry guns, so that we can kill or apprehend the idiots and the criminals when they attempt to rob or do something otherwise idiotic with a gun.

Also, make laws that are VERY tough on people that do crimes with a gun. It has worked in numerous states. If you are caught in a crime where you have brandished a firearm, your time in prison will be DOUBLED. It has worked, crimes with guns have fallen in those states.

ANd yes, I have seen numerous idiots with firearms, one got his butt kicked by a drill sergeant when we were sighting in our weapons in basic training, the DS pulled him out of the foxhole and commenced beating him with the butt end of his own rifle.

I also know of an idiot that blew his foot off while cleaning a loaded shotgun, I know him because I had to take the moron to the hospital, after making him wrap what was left of his foot in a garbage bag so that he wouldn't bleed all over my car.

So I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

Same thing here with a few of my friends

Had a friend shoot one of his friend's while they where hunting.. wasn't plesant but he survived

Another friend of mine decided to shoot his hand off because he wanted to feel pain (he's not in seceity anymore though from what his father said)

So yes, I also know of these idiots

By the way Jaguar, clean out you're PM box. It's very hard for people to send you PM's when you're box is full

*Gulp* I'm about to agree with Kal and Jag here... mark your calendars.

I've nothing against guns at all. Though I don't own one and probably never will, I know that the vast majority of gun owners/enthusiasts are responsible enough to know how to handle them.

As for assault weapons specifically, I see less need for them but there are collectors and sportsmen out there that just like them, for whatever reason.

And yes, the ban has done little or nothing to prevent the criminals or others that want to get their hands on them from doing so.

All I ask is that gun owners keep them locked in a gun safe or take adequate measures to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. Let's not make it any easier for the rabble to get their hands on them.

The 2nd amendment in this country was NEVER about hunting, or Sports. It was about revolution, it was about keep the government under control.

Assault weapons are EXACTLY what the 2nd amendment expected people to be armed with.

And unarmed people can be run roughshod over by their government, but an armed people must be respected by it's government, because the people are able and liable to defend their rights from that same government and replace it if it became necassary.

People always seem to forget that.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

The 2nd amendment in this country was NEVER about hunting, or Sports. It was about revolution, it was about keep the government under control.

Assault weapons are EXACTLY what the 2nd amendment expected people to be armed with.

And unarmed people can be run roughshod over by their government, but an armed people must be respected by it's government, because the people are able and liable to defend their rights from that same government and replace it if it became necassary.

People always seem to forget that.

I assume everyone knows that it was about revolution and the ability for citizens to defend themselves from an over-zealous government. But as for it being about assault weapons, how many assault weapons were there in 1791?

Compare 1791 to 2004... what were the weapons of warfare in 1791? ... muskets and similar firearms, powder cannons, swords, etc.

What are the weapons of warfare in 2004? Tanks, fighter jets, assault helicopters, RPGs, assault rifles.

Technically, we are already quite "gun controlled". If I'm not mistaken (and I very well might be), it's not "legal" to have a M1 Abrams tank parked in your front yard...

I thin every last single human being in the friggin US should be REQUIRED to go through a gun familliararity course in high school or middle school.

The aspects of weapon safety and respect should THERE be drilled into young thick skulls by US military instructors. (Drill Sergents perhaps.)

The class should include a lessons in the different parts of guns, how to assemble, dissassembel etc... It should include explicit photos of gunshot wounds (To put the fear of being a moron into them) and plenty of fierce sensory overloading. The end of the course would involve either familiarizaton with a real firearm (Most likely a hand gun.) ..or actual target shooting with one. Any stupidity with a weapon at that point would be HARSHLY reprimanded. (Why I would have Drill Sergents.) For instance, like we did at basic, if someone LEAVES their weapon laying around, and the instructor acquires it... they are SO in trouble.

I'm not talking detention or something slap on the wrist... I'm thinking no less than suspension and having to REPEAT that course over and even perhaps the school year.

After the live weapons are finished being used, they would be returned to an arms room, and checked to make sure EVERY LAST ONE is accounted for. NO ONE leaves until all weapons are under lock and key. If one turns up missing. Woe to the one who lost it. The school should be locked down, and a search is done until the weapon is located.

This way, when people go out into the world... they have a respect and knowledge for the weapon... and more than likely, even though a criminal is now trained in one... at least he has a friggin respect not to do something STUPID with it. There would be a whole lot LESS morons packing a power they have no respect for. More stupid things happen, not because the crook has a gun, but because he has no true Idea what's in his hand.

quote:

Originally posted by TSCavalier:

Compare 1791 to 2004... what were the weapons of warfare in 1791? ... muskets and similar firearms, powder cannons, swords, etc.

What are the weapons of warfare in 2004? Tanks, fighter jets, assault helicopters, RPGs, assault rifles.

Technically, we are already quite "gun controlled". If I'm not mistaken (and I very well might be), it's not "legal" to have a M1 Abrams tank parked in your front yard...

That is why we have the Posse Commitus law, which basically says that the US military cannot be used against US Civilians, that is what the National Guard is for, and the fact of the matter is, the citizenry should be better armed then the National Guard.

I know that I am, the National guard basically has M-16's, and grenade launchers, and maybe a few units have M-60's and maybe an M-60A3 tank.

I know of a person that owns a NUMBER of tanks, he also owns 2 jetfighters, all were "demilitarized" before he bought them, but all are now fully armed.

I can go out and buy a 60 caliber fully automatic machine gun RIGHT now if I wanted to, and it would be COMPLETELY legal. I could also go out and buy a FULLY automatic "assault rifle" Right now, and it would be completely legal. I could go out and buy a semiautomatic preban weapon any time I wanted to as well, and buy the conversion kit and make it an automatic RIGHT NOW, if I wanted to, and it would completely legal.

Criminals are NOT going to spend the $200 for a federal tax stamp, they are also not going to spend between $400 to $10,000 for a weapon.

Criminals are not going to spend the money necassary to legally have such weapon, and the fact is NO law is going to stop them, they will get their hands on that weapon whether it is illegal or not.

And if you really want to know the truth, the ONLY weapon that a civilian CANNOT own, is a nuclear weapon, or a weapon using a nuclear power plant.

If I could get the cash together, I could go out and buy a mothballed Aircraft carrier from the US Navy, if I had the Cash, I could go out and buy an M-1 tank from the Army, I could go out and buy an APC, or just about ANY other military weapon out there.

It is expense, not legality that keeps people from owning such hardware.

quote:

The class should include a lessons in the different parts of guns, how to assemble, dissassembel etc... It should include explicit photos of gunshot wounds (To put the fear of being a moron into them) and plenty of fierce sensory overloading. The end of the course would involve either familiarizaton with a real firearm (Most likely a hand gun.) ..or actual target shooting with one. Any stupidity with a weapon at that point would be HARSHLY reprimanded. (Why I would have Drill Sergents.) For instance, like we did at basic, if someone LEAVES their weapon laying around, and the instructor acquires it... they are SO in trouble.

I'm not talking detention or something slap on the wrist... I'm thinking no less than suspension and having to REPEAT that course over and even perhaps the school year.

After the live weapons are finished being used, they would be returned to an arms room, and checked to make sure EVERY LAST ONE is accounted for. NO ONE leaves until all weapons are under lock and key. If one turns up missing. Woe to the one who lost it. The school should be locked down, and a search is done until the weapon is located.

This way, when people go out into the world... they have a respect and knowledge for the weapon... and more than likely, even though a criminal is now trained in one... at least he has a friggin respect not to do something STUPID with it. There would be a whole lot LESS morons packing a power they have no respect for. More stupid things happen, not because the crook has a gun, but because he has no true Idea what's in his hand.

I agree, but the United States Government, already fearing a truly armed populous(street contemplates the entire concept, as to why). And are heading in the opposite direction, when it comes to civilian arms.

Besides, with an administration, who already depicts half the americans as terrorist sympathizers, how far do you think that type of idea will go?

Especially since this same administration is promoting fear, fear,and more fear, into the populace...Even the majority of the populace would, most likely deminish, rather than promote gun familiarity..amongst the civilian majority.

OMG, you can't be serious Street.

Give me a fricking break.

Bush let the AWB die, if he'd gotten Behind it and pushed, then it probably would have at least gotten a hearing.

Bush and the administration have stated that more gun laws will NOT help, only enforcement of the existing ones.

You make it sound like Bush is going on some Hitler spree and wants to disarm the populace, and that is TOTAL NONSENSE.

As a matter of fact, he has stated that if a bill for a NATIONAL Concealed Weapons permit comes across his desk, he will ALSO sign it.

And while he was the governor of Texas he signed the bill that made the Concealed weapons permit legal in Texas after 125 years of it being ILLEGAL.

Yeah, sounds like a real fearmonger and gungrabber who wants the populace disarmed.

Give it up Street, what a bunch of Bush hating propoganda.

Half the population as terrorist sympathizers?

Man Street, get a grip on reality, PLEASE!!!

Dumb question. What's the difference between concealed and not concealed? I can walk down the street holding one in my hand hanging by my side (and scaring everyone to death I imagine) but can't tuck it in my pants?

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

Dumb question. What's the difference between concealed and not concealed? I can walk down the street holding one in my hand hanging by my side (and scaring everyone to death I imagine) but can't tuck it in my pants?

IN Colorado and some other states, open carry is legal, but in most, open carry is illegal, such as Washington State and Texas, California of course.

But the fact is, that if you carry a concealed weapon, and you do not have a permit from that state, or one with a reciprocal agreement, Except for Vermont, you will be arrested and tossed in jail.

quote:

Originally posted by Carl Burning:

It can be worse not knowing that guy who is picking a fight with you is carrying a gun.

Most people who have a concealed Weapons permit have no record of violence in their past records.

Most likely scenario, is you should be afraid that the person YOU are trying to pick a fight with has a concealed weapon.

It is a PROVEN fact, that holders of Concealed weapons permit are more law abiding then the normal populace.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr Chavik:

Ok, thanks. Back to automatic weapons.

The AWB had NOTHING to do with Automatic weapons.

Automatic weapons are NOT illegal.

The congresscritters decided that if a rifle looked mean, that it was therefore an assualt rifle and should be illegal.

NONE of the weapons on the "banned" list made any kind of dent in crime, and the fact of the matter is, a MEAN looking weapon is NOT an assault rifle.

THey also decided that if a clip held more then 30 rounds, that it must be an assault weapon and it made those illegal as well.

I have been timed, and I can change a clip and continue firing in less then 3 seconds, so a high round clip would not make much difference to me, I can release the clip, put in a new clip, and pull back and reload in less then 3 seconds, and so can any others, so just because it holds more ammo, does NOT make it more dangerous.

There is NO such thing as a dangerous weapon, there are ONLY dangerous people.

That ban was a total waste of money and just a pander to those who don't know any better. We all know who we have to thank for that (those who scream unconstitutional are actually the ones disabiding the constitution), we also know who is screaming that the ban is dead and who let it die. Interesting.....