Citizen In Search of a Leader

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Actually, the stockmarket goes UP whenever Bush is up in the polls, and goes DOWN whenever Kerry is up in the polls.

So, the exact opposite is actually true.

If the stock market crashes because someone wins the election, it will because Kerry wins the election.

BUT, it won't crash, it will drop a few hundred points if Kerry wins, and go up a few hundred points if Bush wins.

Woopdeedoo

Well actually, the market performs pretty much consistently no matter who is in office. You just have to be smart enough, and brave enough to learn the nuances.

I found this quite interesting Let's have another miracle to save marriage and our families

Mary Mostert

July 15, 2004

Yesterday on a cloture motion on the Federal Marriage act, 48 U.S. Senators voted "Yes" on the bill and 50 voted "No" to not even allow a vote on whether or not marriage meant the union between one man and one woman. The two senators who did not think this issue was even sufficiently important to show up to vote were Democrats John Kerry of Massachusetts and his running mate, John Edwards.

quote:

Originally posted by Grizzle:

They are kinda busy with a Presidential campaign.

Still doesn't mean they can't do the job that they were elected to do. If they aren't going to fulfill all their responsabilities as senators, how can we trust them to fulfill all their duties if they become president?

President Bush and VP Cheney are sill doing thier jobs, what are Edwards and Kerry's excuse?

Bush and Cheney are still "Busy with a presidential election" as well.

I am still wondering why Kerry does not resign his sentate seat like Dole did during his campaign.

The is Edwards last shot at public office, if he doesn't win the VP slot, he's finished, because his state will NOT reelect him Dog Catcher.

It happens all the time when senators run for election, this is NOT news to anyone. I'm not saying it's excusable, but Kerry and Edwards aren't the first.

As for fulfilling duties even the President is required to make appearances in public (like reading to school children), doesn't that take away from his job? I know I know, it's part of his job, but it shouldn't be in my opinion.

The whole topic is a straw man argument.

quote:

President Bush and VP Cheney are sill doing thier jobs,

yeah, just like they have been doing for the past 4 years...

I would just like to know when Bush's JOB title, included, TERRORISING the american public with LIES and misrepresentation of facts and creating division throughout this country, unequaled since the civil war. Since when, is the President, doing his job, in declaration of war on 3rd world powers, who have no ability to defend themselves, and INVADING 3rd world countries... who NEVER attacked the UNITED STATES?

go ahead and explain your ideas, I promise, I will not even offer a rebuttle toward your lame "bush propaghanda" disputes.

Why? because, there is NO JUSTIFICATION, nor is there a LIE you or bush can concieve, which would relieve Him, or his supporters, of the responsibility and the BLOOD upon their hands.

quote:

Originally posted by street:

quote:

President Bush and VP Cheney are sill doing thier jobs,

yeah, just like they have been doing for the past 4 years...

I would just like to know when Bush's JOB title, included, TERRORISING the american public with LIES and misrepresentation of facts and creating division throughout this country, unequaled since the civil war. Since when, is the President, doing his job, in declaration of war on 3rd world powers, who have no ability to defend themselves, and INVADING 3rd world countries... who NEVER attacked the UNITED STATES?

go ahead and explain your ideas, I promise, I will not even offer a rebuttle toward your lame "bush propaghanda" disputes.

Why? because, there is NO JUSTIFICATION, nor is there a LIE you or bush can concieve, which would relieve Him, or his supporters, of the responsibility and the BLOOD upon their hands.

I see a LOT of rhetoric, but NO facts.

Poor Street, still believing the lies as truth, and the truth as lies.

Ahh, 1984, that must be where you live.....

You continue to call my observations Rhetoric, how confused you must be to your own opinions, you call facts?

what a twisted moron

Here are some MORE facts, as to what a LIAR you continue to represent:

Meeting Was Not First for Cheney, Edwards

By LIZ SIDOTI

CLEVELAND (AP) - Vice President Dick Cheney said Tuesday night that the debate with Democratic Sen. John Edwards marked the first time they had met. In fact, the two had met at least three times previously.

Cheney made the remark while accusing Edwards of frequent absences from Senate votes.

``Now, in my capacity as vice president, I am the president of Senate, the presiding officer. I'm up in the Senate most Tuesdays when they're in session. The first time I ever met you was when you walked on the stage tonight,'' Cheney told Edwards during the debate.

On Feb. 1, 2001, the vice president thanked Edwards by name at a Senate prayer breakfast and sat beside him during the event.

On April 8, 2001, Cheney and Edwards shook hands when they met off-camera during a taping of NBC's ``Meet the Press,'' moderator Tim Russert said Wednesday on ``Today.''

On Jan. 8, 2003, the two met when the first-term North Carolina senator accompanied Elizabeth Dole to her swearing-in by Cheney as a North Carolina senator, Edwards aides also said.

Edwards didn't forget their prayer-breakfast meeting. The Democratic vice presidential candidate noted the discrepancy at a post-debate rally in a Cleveland park, calling it an example of Cheney ``still not being straight with the American people.''

``The vice president said that the first time I met Senator Edwards was tonight when we walked on the stage. I guess he forgot the time we sat next to each other for a couple hours about three years ago. I guess he forgot the time we met at the swearing in of another senator. So, my wife Elizabeth reminded him on the stage,'' Edwards said as the crowd roared.

According to Edwards' staff, Cheney replied, ``Oh, yeah.''

``She reminded him about the truth,'' Edwards told the crowd, ``and come November, we're going to remind him that the American people do not want four more years of George W. Bush.''

Again, though Bunny. New's agencys cannot be trusted anymore

ABC

NBC

CBS

MSNBC

CNN

And in some case's, Fox News (because they report what they get, and most of it come's from the Asscioated Propaganda)

There for, the only really reliable source of information come's from the troops who are IN iraq, OR from the FN reporters

My sister just got BACK from iraq (her 2nd time there since the beginning of the war) and she told me that they had a large amount of paper work for something that was discovered in Iraq.. however she wasn't allowed to tell me more than that. Could be anything really