Predictions of the outcome of tuesday

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Blerm dont waste any brain cells trying to chat up the Flat Earth Society. They are convinced Bush walks on water and Kerry is the Devil's spawn. Save your reasoned arguments for someone who isnt deluded.

quote:

Originally posted by Takvah:

Kerry in a landslide.

It's already started. I think people actually woke up at the last minute.

Regardless of who wins, we're all still Americans and I hope for the sake of this country that people will put that to the fore. Unfortunately, I am not at all optimistic about that happening. We have allowed ourselves to be divided and in the end that will be our undoing.

Peace

Takvah, again, we agree, but, if Kerry wins, I will go along with the majority, that is the whole magic of this process, and the ONLY reason that it works.

The minority must be willing to go with the majority, otherwise you end up with chaos.

The Dem's proved that they were unwilling to go with the majority last election, and they are once again going to do it this one, because if they lose by ANYthing close, they will take it to court.

That is WHY this country is divided, because the Dem's are unwilling to go with the majority if it does not go for them.

As mrs Edwards so poignantly put it when asked if there will be riots after the election.

"Not if we win"

Says it all, right there....

Isn't threatining to riot a criminal offince?

So, let me see, "Not if we win" means if they win there will not be riots, if they don't there WILL be riots, so therefore she is threatening to riot, shouldn't she be arrested, tried, that quote played, convicted and jailed?

As to civil war, not quite yet, but give it a little, we gotta clean up the mess sometime don't we, personally I am tired of walking among trash.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Isn't threatining to riot a criminal offince?

So, let me see, "Not if we win" means if they win there will not be riots, if they don't there WILL be riots, so therefore she is threatening to riot, shouldn't she be arrested, tried, that quote played, convicted and jailed?

As to civil war, not quite yet, but give it a little, we gotta clean up the mess sometime don't we, personally I am tired of walking among trash.

Soback, think of Sandy Burger here

He got caught, nothing happened to him

She said that, and nothing happened to her

Yet, if either had been a republican.. it would STILL be on TV and in the new's and they would've been tried

Here's a fun one for you guys.

The American Spectator

quote:

Be Afraid

By Shawn Macomber

Published 11/2/2004 12:08:09 AM

Unfortunately, it appears that when Elizabeth Edwards speaks some people actually listen. This sad fact might be innocuous enough if the aspiring Second Lady were trading parenting or dieting tips. But instead semi-reformed former Deaniacs and Kucinich Kids seem to have latched onto Edwards' recent promise to a worried supporter that post-election riots will not wrack the nation -- so long as the Kerry-Edwards ticket walks away with it.

The suggestion, of course, is that there indeed will be riots if John F. Kerry's boyhood dreams of ascending to his rightful position as ruler of the universe are squashed by the result of today's voting. It is just such a scenario for which a group called No Stolen Elections is currently preparing. The newly-minted organization has already gotten more than 17,000 of the young and restless to sign the following pledge:

I remember the stolen presidential election of 2000 and I am willing to take action in 2004 if the election is stolen again. I support efforts to protect the right to vote leading up to and on Election Day, November 2nd. If that right is systematically violated, I pledge to join nationwide protests starting on November 3rd, either in my community, in the states where the fraud occurred or in Washington DC.

Among the better known John Hancocks adorning this pledge are those of Jesse Jackson, Michael Moore, Gloria Steinem, Howard Zinn, AFL-CIO Organizing Director Stewart Acuff, NAACP chairman Julian Bond, Daniel Ellsberg, Green Party presidential candidate David Cobb, and Barbara Ehrenreich, fresh from a stint as a New York Times substitute columnist. Oh, and clearly we wouldn't want to forget Adrienne Maree Brown, the dignified leader of the League of Pissed Off Voters.

So what exactly are these folks planning to make sure that "an unelected President does not enter the White House, like last time"? Well, the group has first of all established a "Fair Elections Advisory Council" of "international elections experts" to make a call on Election Day as to whether the vote was "stolen" again or not. If it has been -- and, let's face it, what are the chances any "international elections experts" are going to certify a Bush victory as just? -- No Stolen Elections will call its "Urgent Response Network" into action, "to converge in the states where the most serious fraud occurred, as well as in Washington DC." And the group is promising to make Florida circa 2000 look like a picnic.

"One thing that was missing from our side, but not from the conservative side, in 2000 was street heat," Steve Cobble writes on the group's website. "The GOP had their bourgeois riots, and their crowds were consistently bigger and more vocal, which helped frame in the media's mind the sense that their side had been wronged because Bush had won but Gore would not give upWe encourage people to work for regime change at home all day on November 2nd, election day, and then prepare to return to the streets on November 3rd (and perhaps beyond), at predetermined, symbolic, convenient locally-chosen sites."

All right, let's say what needs to be said: How bad can today's America really be if lazy lefty agitators can "work for regime change at home"? That's a pretty sweet gig compared to the depravities visited upon real activists with actual spines in countries such as Cuba -- a country, it is worth noting, the American hard-left continues to romanticize. Beyond that bit of absurdity, however, note that if Kerry wins the group has no interest in "counting every vote." Instead they suggest gathering instead to "celebrate Bush's involuntary retirement while also setting out a strong statement on the war in Iraq." Clearly, it is not the number of votes that concerns No Stolen Election, but the outcome. Are they interested in voter fraud if it results in a Kerry victory? Nope. These defenders of democracy will be too busy partying in the streets to riot over that.

In fact, No Stolen Elections' biggest fear seems to be that the saner elements in the Democratic Party will accept defeat. Cobble criticizes Gore for holding back activists in 2000, noting, "This was a mistake, and we don't believe the African American community or the unions will be willing to follow the campaign's lead again." Instead, Cobble said the activists will be in charge of these recounts.

"We must prod the Democratic Party to stand up this time, not just watch events occur in silence, as was largely the case in 2000," he writes. "We must encourage the few remaining respected blue-ribbon truth-tellers in our society to stand up and be counted -- people like Walter Cronkite, Jimmy Carter, Oprah Winfrey."

Oh, great. The inmates really are running the Democratic asylum this year, and they want to crown Jimmy Carter and Oprah Winfrey emperor and empress of U.S. elections. If we allow them to run the country, it won't be good for anyone. Before it's over George W. Bush could be in Siberian exile, while the much-despised Ralph Nader is forced to drive laps in a Ford Pinto while jeering activists hurl obscenities and tomatoes at him.

Brace yourself America. The aftermath of this election could be much worse than a floor covered in formerly hanging chads.

Shawn Macomber is a reporter for The American Spectator. He runs the website Return of the Primitive.

Well the Dem's had better be afraid if they come near me and my family.

It's probably about time to clean out their shallow end of the gene pool anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

I have a question....

What are going to do if Kerry actually wins?

Take a 9mm to yourself and the family?

Come on CC, get a grip on reality here.

I won't do a thing but shake my head at the stupidity of the majority of the electorate in this country, and then I'll bunker down.

I expect terrorist attacks to start within 6 months, dirty bombs, chemical weapons etc, then the fun will really begin if Kerry gets elected.

quote:

I expect terrorist attacks to start within 6 months, dirty bombs, chemical weapons etc, then the fun will really begin if Kerry gets elected.

Ok, how do you know those terrorists would not attack anyway?

quote:

Originally posted by Cc:

quote:

Ok, how do you know those terrorists would not attack anyway?

They are too busy dying in Iraq CC, come on, have you guys still not figured out the big picture here?

quote:

They are too busy dying in Iraq CC, come on, have you guys still not figured out the big picture here?

Seems like you are the only one who knows the big picture.

I mean there could be terrorists eleswhere other than Iraq. Like right here in the USA. Maybe even in Gig Harbor, who knows for sure?

OK....Who ever wins we need to stick together.That's the only answer.

I will stick with whatever the majority decides, but the problem is that the Democrats won't.

If it were ture that they would go with a majority rule, I would have no problem, but this is another reason that Kerry needs to be defeated, and defeated SOUNDLY....

Good point, Race, but I'm still having fun.

What I find odd, is when Jag lectures someone (think it was you, Race, actually) about presenting fact and then when I show facts that anyone can double-check, whose source is referenced, I'm told my "percentages are misleading, but that's a whole other story, you're only gonna see what you want to see."

I can read and understand numbers and percents. When the congresional budget office posts their data, I don't have the time or resources to round up an investigative committee.

Jag, I'm suprised you didn't point out that these numbers show that under Bush, EVERYONE'S tax burden has gone down as a whole. I'm not being sarcastic here, that's what they seem to show.

I often see what I want to see, that being the truth.

And I feel I must say, that if Bush wins, I won't set fire to anything or commit horrible crimes against my town in protest. It's a free country and if I saw some guy who voted for Bush at a store and some terrorist with a bomb strapped to his chest was heading for him, I'd do EVERYTHING IN MY POWER to stop him, because that guy doesn't deserve to die just because he allows women to speak or show their face and happens to disagree with me.

No bunkering down here. No need. We don't live in an overheated fanatically religious corridor devoid of law.

If Bush takes Ohio, it will be a walk for him.

Oh sure now the NY media does a poll about living conditions in NY 42% said it was the same before Bush 31% said worse 27% said better. Hmmmm, 69% either said it was better or the same while only 31% said it was worse. So how is this bad for Bush's policies so far? According to the media up to today kept backing Kerry's asertions that the economy is in a shambles.

Looks like Bush has won Ohio. Its all over folks. I already knew it and said it, Kerry is just not a strong enough opposition for Bush. I'm just going to wait and see by how much he [Kerry] loses.

Oh well, welcome to the next four years. Maybe we get to invade Iran and China next week.

quote:

Originally posted by Blerm:

I think Florida and Ohio should vote one day earlier than everyone else.

They just take too long.

Kerry just got CA and possibly WA. Still close.

Actually, here in Florida we now have Early voting, where we can go to the polls 2 weeks early to vote at specially assigned early voting stations. Also, we've replaced the punchcards with electronic voting machines so the results come in fairly quickly. The only reason it was taking long to call the state is because it was a fairly close call.

Down south in Dade Broward and Palm Beach, Kerry won, but Bush won most if not all of the rest of the state.

Well, tickle me spanked and ring the bell. I didn't know that. 2 weeks? Wow. That's great. I did know about the voting machines, though.

I heard many more people voted this time. 116 million people came out to vote or something like that. Haven't checked that, but think it's great if it's true.

quote:

Maybe we get to invade Iran and China next week.

I hope it's Iran first. China makes me think of a huge swarming zergling attack.

quote:

Originally posted by Blerm:

Well, tickle me spanked and ring the bell. I didn't know that. 2 weeks? Wow. That's great. I did know about the voting machines, though.

I heard many more people voted this time. 116 million people came out to vote or something like that. Haven't checked that, but think it's great if it's true.

quote:

Maybe we get to invade Iran and China next week.

I hope it's Iran first. China makes me think of a huge swarming zergling attack.

We will invade neither.

Iran is gonna kick over on it's own, if the people ask us for help, then we might send a small security force, but invasion will not be necassary.

And China? Why? China is getting more and more liberal, with China it's just a matter of time.

If we invade another country, there is only 1 choice, that would be Syria. And I doubt that that will be necassary either.

THe dominoes have been lined up and the reelection of Bush is going to start them falling.