Terror Attacks in London

Link

quote:

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Near simultaneous explosions have rocked London, killing several people and injuring dozens in what UK Prime Minister Tony Blair said was an apparent terror attack coinciding with a meeting of G8 leaders in Scotland.

A series of four explosions caused mass panic and brought the London transit system to a halt early Thursday, killing at least two people, police said.

The explosions rocked the city's subway systems and up to three more hit buses in the city, all at the height of rush hour.

The blasts caused chaos and panic across the city, with dazed and bloodied survivors emerging from stations. The mobile phone network was overloaded, and many struggled to let others know that they were safe.

In the first report of casualties, City of London police told CNN there had been two fatalities at Aldgate east station. At least 90 people are reported to have been injured.

Blair said: "It is reasonably clear there have been a series of terrorist attacks in London." There have been casualties, he said "both people that have died and people seriously injured."

"It's particularly barbaric that this has happened" on a day that people are meeting to deal with world problems at the G8 in Scotland.

Home Secretary Charles Clarke, Britain's top law enforcement officer, said: "There have been a number of dreadful incidents across London today." He said there were "terrible injuries."

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair said authorities found found indications of explosives at the scene of one of the blasts and that there are concerns it was a coordinated terror attack.

"We are concerned that this is a coordinated attack. We are aware that one of the sites does containly does contain indications of explosives," Sir Ian Blair told Sky News.

He urged Londoners not to panic and said it was too early to say what caused the blasts.

A White House spokesman said U.S. President George W. Bush was aware of the explosions and had been in briefings with Blair all morning.

Claire Burroughs, spokeswoman for St Mary's Hospital in central London, told CNN the hospital was on "major incident alert."

Four patients were critically injured, eight were seriously injured and 14 others were being treated for minor injuries, she said.

"The types of injuries we are seeing include limb damage, burns, cuts, breaks, head injuries and chest problems due to smoke inhalation," Burroughs said.

The Tube blasts at the height of the rush hour on Thursday were initially blamed on a power surge.

But amid the chaos eyewitnesses reported that a packed double decker bus in the Russell Square area had been severely damaged in a blast.

There were media reports that a second bus had been damaged in Tavistock Square. Police told CNN they could not confirm that report.

Describing the Russell Square blast, eyewitness Belinda Seabrook told the UK Press Association she saw an explosion rip through the bus as it approached the Square.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," she said.

One Tube passenger told CNN passengers had been packed in smoke-filled carriages "just waiting to die."

One passenger, with blood streaming down the left side of his face from a wound on his temple, said he didn't "want to live through it again."

"I was in the front carriage and people were severely injured there," he said, adding that his train had been in the tunnel between Kings Cross and Russell Square.

"I heard, but I don't know, that people were hurt worse further back. Some people were very calm, others very panicky."

"There was a very loud bang, the lights went out, the carriage filled with smoke," he said. "We were all thrown forward."

Travellers emerged from underground tunnels covered in blood and soot. Scotland Yard declared the emergency a "major incident."

Emergency services were called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion shortly before 9 a.m.

A short while later, London Underground said there had been "another incident at Edgware Road" station in north west London.

Sympathies go out to London.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my God..How can one do something like that,killing/hurting innocent civilians?

I wonder who has organized this:Either Al-Qaida or militant anti-globalists.Though I'd rather presume Al-quaida. I hope they get these damn b#st*rds.

quote:

Originally posted by paranide:

I wonder who has organized this:Either Al-Qaida or militant anti-globalists.

I've just heard on the news that the attack has been claimed by the european contingent of Al-Qaida (freely translated)

I for one have no idea how they could be so stupid to think that killing innocent people is going to make us see there point...what ever that is....

quote:

I for one have no idea how they could be so stupid to think that killing innocent people is going to make us see there point...what ever that is....

The real islamist terrorist doesn't want to prove any point...he wants just to kill infidels to get rewarded by his god/or better he believes he would get rewarded.I hope that they will burn in hell as soon as they are dead.

Al Quaeda must be getting desperate, they don't normally claim responsibility for a bombing afterwards.

They normally just sit quietly in the background and let other people figure it out, and then laugh when some other group tries to take resonsibility.

This bombing was well organized, but it was rushed, and it was small.

We have Al Quaeda on the ropes, now it is time for the knock out punch, and I mean BIG time knock out punch.

quote:

Al Quaeda must be getting desperate, they don't normally claim responsibility for a bombing afterwards.

If I listened correctly to the news,then Al Quaeda seems to have risen to be an idiology,not any more bound to a specific group.That means that every one sick enough having fun with killing/hurting people and wanting to destroy his religon's reputation can claim to be Al Quaeda.

Lets just hope the knock out punch comes BEFORE 2007... or else we'll lose this war instantly

As for the bombing

They admited to it, so that tells right off the bat that there lossing and lossing big time, someone need's to drop a bomb on there last hideout (A NUCLEAR bomb that is)

The sign that I just made and put on my card says this.

quote:

We Stand With You

As you stood with us on 911, we stand with you now.

Today we are ALL British

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Lets just hope the knock out punch comes BEFORE 2007... or else we'll lose this war instantly

As for the bombing

They admited to it, so that tells right off the bat that there lossing and lossing big time, someone need's to drop a bomb on there last hideout (A NUCLEAR bomb that is)

Kal, the answer is we simply need to be smarter and better than these dudes.

That's what we need to focus on.

quote:

I wonder who has organized this:Either Al-Qaida or militant anti-globalists

Personally, I have been of the "impression" that the Al-Qaida, ARE the "militant anti-globalist". Their WAR, is with the whole globalistic political structure, which has condoned and actively taken part in the economic,political and cultural impositions forced upon them. The United States and Britian, being the "ACTIVE" head; and thus, the "DECLARED" enemy.

This is evident, even in the observation of their targets. When the symbolic representation of, and actual resident business' of the WTC are not overlooked; Through promoting the concept: "They are MERELY trying to Terrorize capitulation into existance"

I believe there is a deeper foundation of theological/political justification; There is a much larger geo-political involvement hidden behind the scenes; and there is a much greater degree of expertise and purpose involved.

quote:

quote:Originally posted by Kalshion:

As for the bombing

First off, You cannot BOMB..that which is integrated throughout the whole, and has no geographic exactness . The "NUKEM" ideology sounds tough, but cannot be intelligently considered.

A "KNOCKOUT" is'nt likely. The whole "IDEOLOGY" is being multiplied through persecution.(Even if ONLY perceived..or not..does'nt matter)ALL Due to the IRAQ INVASION.

Believe what you will. There will be NO winners, from this war in Iraq...not really.

One cannot eliminate an ideology through agressive persecution of it's members. It has Never worked throughout history...The result has ALWAYS been the opposite. WW2 made the Jews STRONGER, just as Christianity flourished under similar conditions.

quote:

Kal, the answer is we simply need to be smarter and better than these dudes.

That's what we need to focus on.

It is a shame that is'nt happening...is'nt it?

And it will NEVER happen, as long as we use an "Idiot/Redneck" mentality while viewing our enemy.

quote:

Originally posted by street:

quote:

Poor Giuliani. He was in London at the time also. He just can't seem to escape. Is he cursed?

Really!! Is a bit beyond normal statistical expectation.

Yup my thinking ezactly. Whatever you do, don't invite him to your city.

Link

quote:

WW2 made the Jews STRONGER...

WW2 was not about the Jews. It was about stopping the spread of imperialism and fascism. Which by the way, was accomplished through WAR. Imo, your defeatist attitude is misplaced - terrorists can be defeated. But only through the only language they understand: The language of force. I recognize the enemy is cunning, focused, and driven - no "redneck" attitude here. All the more reason to find them and kill them.

quote:

WW2 was not about the Jews. It was about stopping the spread of imperialism and fascism. Which by the way, was accomplished through WAR.

LOL..you will get no argument from me here, as My reference had little, if anything, to do with the REASONING behind WW2...but in direct relationship to the EFFECT of subjucation, of a population of people for their ideological stance. jeesh!

quote:

Imo, your defeatist attitude is misplaced - terrorists can be defeated. But only through the only language they understand: The language of force.

Ok, you seem to have a need to slam my position as a defeatest position, but I assure you I am NO defeatest. I am merely a REALIST, who has the wisdom to know the path, our incompetant leader has taken us down, is without resolve in it's present configuation.

And for our country's soverign stand for FREEDOM to endure INTACT, that people awaken from the cloud of TERROR and BLIND patriotic response used to DECIEVE this nation to choose such a path.

and by the way... stating that another ideologic ideal, somehow demerits any group's understanding of compromise, while denying the CAUSE for that ideological existance....is an OBVIOUS substantiation of their proclaimed justification.

quote:

I recognize the enemy is cunning, focused, and driven - no "redneck" attitude here. All the more reason to find them and kill them.

your NOT the president either(the REDNECK mentality to which I was referring) ; furthermore, Contrary to YOUR interpretation...."IT's really NOT about you". It is completely submersed withn the ideological base, which people "LIKE" you blindly adhere.

Nomad:

Do yo actually believe that one operation in one country can realistically eliminate ALL terrorism throughout the world? Talk about rhetoric... Regardless of how many terrorists are killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, there are still untouched cells throughout the world, some in the U.S., and obviously, Great Britain.C'mon, I know you are more intelligent than this; yet another thinly veiled attempt to bring discredit on the U.S., it seems.

quote:

Because this phenomenon feeds on injustice through the globe...

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?! INJUSTICE?!?!? Terrorism, my friend, is bred by fanaticism and hatred, NOT injustice. Give me a break!!!!

Street:

quote:

...."IT's really NOT about you". It is completely submersed withn the ideological base, which people "LIKE" you blindly adhere.

I have to admit, I really don't understand what you are trying to say... could you explain this "idealogical base" I am supposedly blindly adhereing to?

Oh bloody heck!! How did I miss this misspelling:

"Yup my thinking ezactly."

Sorry guys it should be spelt exactly. Yes exactly like that. That's the exact way. I have to be more careful and spell my words exactly right. Exactly my point.

lost is.....well....er... lost!

quote:

That's what I refer to when I use the word "injustice". You then only need a few leaders taking advantage of all this discontent and chanelling it against the West, be it in Indonesia, Tchechnia, Philippines or Sudan...

The question is WHAT Leaders, and how do you prove it,,,,and after you get the proof...how could you gain the validity of your presentation.

Then, one would have to neutralize the Afghan/Iraq breeding ground at the same time.

Being a REALIST, at seeing the ENORMITY of the problem at hand.....is very apprehensive.

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...."IT's really NOT about you". It is completely submersed withn the ideological base, which people "LIKE" you blindly adhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to admit, I really don't understand what you are trying to say... could you explain this "idealogical base" I am supposedly blindly adhereing to?

It is the SAME Ideology which allows you to support the following:

The METHODOLOGY put into practice, when the Bush administration declared war on Iraq.

Which is: The SAME methodology Our Country is presently using to, supposedly "DEFEAT TERRORIST"

Nomad:

If your point is that terrorists tend to spring up predominantly in areas where injustice is greatest, I could possibly agree with you. But I steadfastly refuse to submit to the idea that ANYTHING the U.S. or her allies have done or could do can cause the Islamo-fascists (which I categorize differently than followers of Islam) to hate us any more than they do. A quick glance at 20th century history proves this, imo. There is NO justification for terrorism - period.

NOTE: I'll be on the road for the next 36 hours, but I will be back soon.