Iran tricked EU

Iran finished nuclear plant while stalling EU

quote:

The European Union has made another sizable mistake, this one trying to negotiate with Iran regarding its aspirations to pursue nuclear technology. The Telegraph reports that the Iranian shell game worked perfectly:

An Iranian foreign policy official has boasted that the regime bought extra time over its stalled negotiations with Europe to complete a uranium conversion plant.

In comments that will infuriate EU diplomats, Hosein Musavian said that Teheran took advantage of the nine months of talks, which collapsed last week, to finish work at its Isfahan enrichment facility.

ÔÇ£Thanks to the negotiations with Europe we gained another year in which we completed the [project] in Isfahan,ÔÇØ he told an Iranian television interviewer.

Mr Musavian also claimed that work on nuclear centrifuges at a plant at Natanz, which was kept secret until IranÔÇÖs exiled opposition revealed its existence in 2002, progressed during the negotiations.

This comes as no surprise to Slowplay.com. We pegged this six months ago, on February 7:

Read: WeÔÇÖve tricked the Euros into a standstill with all of this talk. We know they wonÔÇÖt ever really do anything to us, so weÔÇÖre trying to broker some sort of sweetheart deal where we claim to be sensitive to their concerns and give them some concessions. WeÔÇÖll then ignore all the concessions and continue on our merry way. We hope that the United States doesnÔÇÖt take us to account and screw everything up by toppling our regime.

Some EU heads must roll over this one. This is a complete and total disgrace.

What in heaven's name is to be done with the EU? If I might use a current fashionable term, it certainly is a lame duck. And it's to America's shame that we acquiesced to the EU dealing with this issue.

More to follow as I gather up more information. I'm watching something on this issue now and as soon as they post this I will make it available.

quote:

And it's to America's shame that we acquiesced to the EU dealing with this issue.

To Americas shame?ROFL.In which world is the EU's decision making dependant from America ?

Of course it's sad that peaceful negotiations didn't help when dealing with Teheran,but IMO still better to try it first the peaceful(without threats) way,even with the risk to fail.