John Kerry calls soldiers "Terrorists"

Mentioned on Fox News, Washington and New York posts, but in all three, it was VERY brief

However, only drudgereport.com has a sound bit; and after listening to what Kerry said; it makes me seriously wonder how anyone can support him

Town Hall

John Kerry Calls American Troops Terrorists

The sound bit is located just under the "John Kerry Calls American Troops Terrorists"

Enjoy, I know he just lost my complete respect; weather he fought for his country or not, YOU NEVER CALL A FELLOW SOLDIER TERRORISTS!

Also, if you don't like Rush; keep your hatred out of this thread.

Overblown nothing?

Odd... the senetor is bashing our troops, who by the way defend his right to free speech. He then goes as far as calling them Terrorists? I guess he hasn't taken the proper time to actually visit Iraq, nor look up all the good we've done in both countrys

The net is full of sites that depict the good our troops have done(Both Text and pictures), from rebuilding hospitals and schools, to restoring power and water, guess that mean's where "terrorists"

Hypocrit.. thats ALL he is....

I wouldn't equate him saying them terrorizing people as calling them terrorists. As, although the definition for terrorist involves that, its current meaning has shifted enough from that for that connection to be not appropriate.

Granted what he said wasn't appropriate but that doesnÔÇÖt have to do with the point I was trying to make.

Then waht point WHERE you trying to make?

That it wouldn't of mattered if i had posted this? .... you are right there.. but i felt like posting it anyway to show how STUPID Kerry really is

Granted, Bush has said idiotic things.. and I won't discount that. But Kerry just said somethign that is sacraledge to every military branch

You should NEVER insult thsoe who defend your right to free speech

Kerry does more than make fun of the military. He lied about witnessing atrocities in Vietnam, among other things, all for political clout at the expense of truth, and the reputation of our soldiers. Shameful. He continues his crusade against the military even today, with his hateful, dishonest, and wrong-headed remarks about our young men and women in harm's way.

He is yet another left-leaning persona who yearns for the romantic ideal of being nobly against something in a grand and epic way and allowing that crusade define who they are going to be for the rest of their lives. Sadly, most of the liberal democrats in Washington AND the leftist media sprung from just such circumstances during the Vietnam War. And they want their conscientious objection to the Iraq war to be equally defining and noble, and they'll try their damndest to make it so, even if it means exaggerating or even fabricating.

And people accuse Bush and Cheney of not being honest.

This is just another example of why I'm glad Kerry is not my president. If this is what he thinks of the people in our Armed Services, where might he have tried to lead this country?

Also, his quote doesn't make sense. He said that our soldiers are terrorizing people by failing to observe their costumes? When troops move in durring the dead of night, it's probably because they're making some kind of raid on a known terrorist location. When they do this, they don't know if/when/where they might be attacked. And when you're under threat of coming under fire, local customs are some of the least of your worries. I don't understand why Kerry wouldn't know that if he's truly served in a combat zone.

Feel free to correct me if I've misunderstood something. This is just my take on it.

One last thought, this reminds me of a quote on a shirt some of the Army guys around here wear:

quote:

"It is the soldier, not the poet, who gives us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier,not the reporter, who gives us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, no the campus organizer, who gives us freedom to protest. It is the soldier, who serves beneath the flag, who salutes the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives the demonstrator the right to burn the flag."

Not entirely applicable to this, but it is a good thing to remember anytime our military comes under political fire.

quote:

Originally posted by $iLk:

Let's all attack Democrats instead of coming up with a coherent plan for the country!

Yes Lets attack them, because they keep on downgrading America and it's soldiers, the same soldiers who allow them the FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND EXPRESSION

Yeah, 'cause heaven knows that Kalshion and myself dictate what the country's plan will be.

We already did what we could - we voted.

I attack anyone who slanders the people who protect MY rights and MY freedom with their own blood, regardless of political affiliation. If you weren't so high and mighty all the time, perhaps you could understand that.

quote:

Originally posted by Prez:

Here are some pictures of the soldiers terrorizing children. Why aren't these on the news I wonder?

OMG!! Look at that horror. Not only are they terrorizing children but brainwashing them too with goodwill and kindness.

quote:

Originally posted by Prez:

We already did what we could - we voted.

Do what I do - write letters, b*tch moan and complain. My Senator has already mailed me back a letter and was 1 of 9 in the Senate who voted for the Copburn amendment.

• 1 month later...

quote:

Whoever degrades or says bad junk against our troops in Iraq should go burn in hell. That includes John Kerry.

In my opinion Kerry is barking wrong tree; the troops are just means, you cannot really blame them, nor a single soldier. For true villains you have to look deeper, through the smokescreen of 'war on terror'.

While 'war on terror' gives a noble cause for invading country, the true reasons are much less noble. How about 'war on resources' or 'economical imperialism'? Why aren't Saddam sentenced in Hague, like all of the war criminals including Bush, Blair and few others should be done? Did allied attack without UN mandate, because otherwise Saddam would've sentenced in Hague?

Cost of war in Iraq? Over 200 billions..

Benefits of the war? Priceless?

-v

quote:

Originally posted by nomad:

The only real & previsible threat to the US, both on geostrategic and economic fields, comes from China.

But China doesen't have a drop of oil on its own and must import almost all of its consumption. So whoever take forward positions who may interfere or influence Gulf's business isn't limited to military action or economic sanctions anymore when opposing China, in case should matters take the wrong turn.

I guess it's too much asking members here to document themselves on the whole array of measures adopted by China to diversify the panorama of its oil suppliers in order to insure a minimal strategic oil flow as soon it was clear that the US would maintain a strong presence in the Gulf for an undetermined time. Also, the new chinese doctrine who implies naval power projection isn't solely related to the conflict with Taiwan, but includes de facto the capacity to protect and maintain critical maritime oil flows open.

That's what is behind your noble cause, conveniently draped into your country's flag, given that there's always a share of the population who automatically shut its brain off as soon the patriotic chord is played...

Yeah, most people don't know that Saudi's, our "friends and allies", were negotiating with China last month on an oil for missles program. Violating the missles prolifiration treaty. It's in US interests, not to mention Europes interests too, that we have a military presence in the middle east, to protect and secure our nations future, which depends on the oil coming out of that area, and also to stabilize the region once a war breaks out, be it between China and Europe (China looking for resources if the global economy goes into depression), China and Russia (If China will want oil from the North, why do you think US is buying up interests in Russian oil fields), or China and middle east (one of MANY reasons US military presence in the middle east). What is Europe doing to protect and secure their future and the lives of their people and children? NOTHING but YAPPING, relying solely on US to protect them, while at the same time hindering and interfering with US's actions. You think US population is going to be symphathetic when (not if) Europe is going to need our help? I doubt it. We just might let Europe burn just to weaken the enemy it will be fighting.

I know that English is your second language. But you are at least expected to know the defenitions of the words you are using when making a post. So, to clear it up, let me sum up patriotic for you. To protect your country is Patriotic. To protect your country's interests is Patriotic. To insure your country's future and security is Patriotic. To do what is best in the interest of your country, to make sure it survives when things go bad, lives and prospers after, is patriotic. Seeing how the war in the middle east is securing US's future, protecting it's interests, and bolstering it's stand if a major global conflict were to flare up, it's PATRIOTIC to support the war, support the troops and support the President. It's UNPATRIOTIC to bash the president when he is trying to make sure your kids will live long enough to have kids, it's unpatriotic to bash the troops labeling them killers and court marshaling them for killing an Iraq in a conflict zone that might or might not have had a bomb, it is unpatriotic to go protesting in the streets of San Francisco, stopping the economy and keeping people from earning money for a day. The same money that goes towards your social programs and wellfare checks so that you can waste a day protesting.

People who are patriotic, don't shut off their brains. They know exactly that Americas future, security and interests are at stake. That's why they are patriotic.

On the other hand. People who protest the war, are against Bush, against the troops, are unpatriotic, and ARE shutting off their brains. They are too stupid and ignorant to see that that loaf of bread they are buying in the store for $2.99, with their food stamp, is $2.99 because oil is flowing into US, and that food stamp in their hand is there because someone has a job, because there are people with money, a company, or a smart person, and a good economy that allows them to have a job. That same war in Iraq that is securing US interests and future, means that 15 or 20 years from now, they will be able to walk into a store and buy that loaf of bread for $4.99 instead of $499, and hopefully with their own money. That's why you need to understand and learn the difference between patriotic and unpatriotic, and which ones shut their brains off. The animal rights freaks that can't see past the US farms conditions, see how China, South America treats whales, farm animals and pets, or the developed country's farmers, who want their stock to be prospering and healthy, thus taking care of them (obviously not good enough if you are one of those animal rights freaks, from which you don't hear a single complaint about South Amirica or China). The human rights freaks that protest US building a fence between Mexico and US. Claiming it't inhumane. While you don't hear a peep out of them about how China treats their prisoners, their own people, or how Middle east treats their women. Or the people in US that say care about how illegal immigration affects the lives and rights of THEIR children. Which ones are shutting their brains off? Or how about the enviromentals that subotage and protest big bussinesses, and are for clean energy, while at the same time wanting the wind farms torn down because some birds die when hitting the blades. Sound logical right? Or how about in this case. Which ones turn their brains off. The ones that can't see farther then the next presidential ellection of Democrat good Republican bad, or the ones that want to make sure laws get passed for the next 20 years that will guarantee low taxes, prosperity for bussinesses, jobs, and Americas interests in the world are protected. Now tell me, what majority of people make up which party.

[ 01-31-2006, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Soback ]

quote:

That's what is behind your noble cause, conveniently draped into your country's flag, given that there's always a share of the population who automatically shut its brain off as soon the patriotic chord is played...

Yeah, quite removed from the "U.S. is the EVIL EMPIRE of the world" bandwagon that libs love to jump on.