Operation: Flashpoint Demo...

Parias

...is, put quite bluntly, "the shit". But, don't take my word for it, download it here! Multiplayer demo coming soon, which will definately tide us over nicely for you soon-to-be-ground-pounders in Battlecruiser Millenium smile.gif

------------------

Commodore. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Sanctuary Storage Facility (Sygan)

Balor Fleet

External Tester

Battlecruiser Millenium

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews

Guest rtoolooze

Ya, amazing! Especially if you have the hardware to see it in all its glory! There are some hacks to allow you to get into an AFV, and other vehicle's. I can't wait for the next demo and the release version!

------------------

rtoolooze

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millenium

The hack to allow you to access the whole island, all vehicles and weapons can be found here http://bigdukesix.launchpoint.net/ofphack

I liked the idea behind the game, it looks awesome, especially if it goes into massive online game.

I dont like their controls though. UT:INF beats them there.

Anyone that has UT:INF, check out the AZTEC map. Its like the Flashpoint terrain, but much better smile.gif

Downloaded it and i like it very much. Really makes you feel you are part of a squad.

However some small things i don't like is the moving crosshair(should be like DFLW or RB6), scripted story. Just give me the mission, the resources, ie weapons, vehicles etc and go! smile.gif

------------------

Mano Faber

GCV Aegis

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series

I like the moving crosshair.. makes aiming a lot more precise.

------------------

Commodore. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Sanctuary Storage Facility (Sygan)

Balor Fleet

External Tester

Battlecruiser Millenium

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews

I'm a little disappointed, I can't get the demo to run and there is NO support anywhere!! I keep getting a keyboard failure of some sort. It is failing to create the keyboard, so it just shuts down, Oh well!!

cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

GCV Armageddon, Starpath (Mars)

Prime Fleet, Delta Wing

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

Figured the above problem out, I had to reload Windows the other day(got hacked) and forgot the Directx 8.0a hadn't been loaded up yet. Works great, decent graphics, not sure if I understand it quite yet, wrecked the jeep BIG time!! But it looks fascinating. cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

Prime Fleet, Delta Wing

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

Hey there are some new unofficial missions available for the Operation Flashpoint demo biggrin.gif The real editor will be included and built into the retail release but it's amazing to see what people are doing just with a hex editor. Fansites are popping up all over the place so I will just give ya the link to the site I grabbed them from. One of the new missions puts you in command of a platoon of men and let me tell you it is not easy to command. You litterly have to issue orders for everything. Give it a try and let me know how you do. I'm still learning all the new keys with being in command. One of the other new missions is apparently very hard as the creator made the russian troops elites. Let me know how you make out with that mission aswell. The files are very small so people on dial up need not worry. http://www.operationflashpoint.com/

[This message has been edited by Kurt Meyer (edited 03-25-2001).]

The above webpage has exceeded it's bandwidth limit!! TOO FUNNY!!!

Sorry that page is DOWN!!!! Big time slammed!! lol

cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

Prime Fleet, Delta Wing

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

Well, the demo 'tis alright. I have to admit, its pretty fun sniping people with an ak47. Only gripe I have is that the controls take a while to remap, and its all displayed on that icky laptop! Other than that, pretty cool.

Just downloaded it and tried it myself. Not bad at all, though it could use a bit more enthusiastic voiceacting.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

"You can only love or hate something you truly understand"

Eclipse,

Got that right!! those voice actors need some lessons BIG TIME, or at least get some real veterans in there to do them. That officer is just hilarious as far as I am concerned. I was in the army and the way he talks, he would have been laughed at, at least behind his back!! lol

Talk, talk, talk, Shout "MOVE OUT!!!!" ROFLMAO!!!

And it was a REAL BAD, "MOVE OUT!!!".

cwm11.gif

------------------

CMDR Jaguar

Prime Fleet, Delta Wing

External Beta Tester

Battlecruiser Millennium

[This message has been edited by Jaguar (edited 03-27-2001).]