World War II Online

aramike

Guest rtoolooze

I'm definitly looking to give this thing a try. I love history, especially on World War 2. I really hope they got it right, just think of the Carrier battles one could be involved in. I know the Naval part of it won't come along till later, but I'm definitly looking at that part of the game.

quote:

Originally posted by Mano Faber:

Something like Operation Flashpoint but the in WW2. Looks good. No AI could be a drawback though. I mean what is the minimum players needed to have a fun game?

Yeah, that's my only concern. But hey - if it works, it'll be a blast.

Right. But the majority of the gaming community doesn't necessarily like the same games you do. I think BC is quite a good example.

OT: Sometimes I wonder if BC could borrow more from real world naval action where the pace of the game is concerned. For example I think a battle in Sirius takes more time to be resolved than it takes to actually get there from GalComHQ. I mean as far as I know the battle in the Coral Sea took a few days (?) but I'm quite sure that the carriers needed much more time to get there from Pearl Harbor. (In BC that time could be used for field repairs or mining etc.) Just my $ 0.02

IT SUCKS!!!!

Problems, Problems Problems

Servers down or too busy most of the day

REQUIRED 60 MB Patch (Servers too busy)

Can't get the throttle control working (makes flying really useful!)

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

I hope the GCO Launch is MUCH smoother than this!

- WarpCore

I don't hope so. It would be one of the other "Derek mistakes", and he would hear about it for the rest of his life.

GCO will have a lot of competition. Even seen the number of MMOG that will be coming out soon? The only space thing I know will be Star Wars galaxies, but it will not be near the comcept of GCO. SWG will be much more rp based.

LOL LOL LOL!!!!

You want to read something funny about WW2 online?!?

CHECK THIS OUT!!!

http://lumthemad.net/ww2log.html

This is an IRC Chat log of some guys trying to get stuff to work in the game. LOL!

You're gonna laugh your ass off!

They even mention the SC, but GCO won't be ANYTHING like this!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

[ 06-07-2001: Message edited by: WarpCore ]

*pulls himself back into his chair* LOL!

That was hilarious, looks like that game is going to be a huge success!!! He'll eat his words when GCO comes out

quote:

<@Lum_> WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO LAUNCH A TANK I CANNOT DRIVE??

[20:54] <@Lum_> GAMES WITH TANKS I CAN DRIVE LAUNCH MUCH FASTER!!

<@da_slog> IT'S REALISTIC LUM

<@Lum_> it is NOT REALISTIC

<@Lum_> IN REAL LIFE I CAN FIRE A RIFLE!

LOL OMG!!!!!!!!!

seems they are having some difficulties...

*Keeps on laughing....*

Guest rtoolooze

Actually it sounds like a bunch of idiots who don't know how to read a manual.

Still, I'll probably wait till the dust settles to see whether I'll my $10.00 a month.

Lum is a classic idiot. God that was funny. I was laughing so hard, I think I could hear the piece of metal in my skull, rattling about. To wit:

quote:

[20:41] If some one trys to steal you tank lum ask them to teach you how to drive it

...[20:41] <@PyroRaven> If some one trys to steal you tank lum ask them to teach you how to drive it...

Replace the word "tank" with BCM Supercarrier it becomes a much more amusing mental picture.

"How DO you drive this thing?"

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

quote:

[20:35] <@Lum_> I CANNOT ESCAPE

[20:35] <@Lum_> I AM TRAPPED IN A FIELD

[20:35] <@Mako> ahahaha

[20:35] <@da_slog> Shift escape Lum

[20:35] <@Staberinde> Did you hit the ice grass?

[20:35] <@Mako> 'trapped in a field online'

[20:35] <@PyroRaven> im loging all this

[20:35] <@PyroRaven> lol

[20:35] <@Naivete> that field is hiroshima, post bomb.

LOL!

quote:

[21:08] <@Lum_> this game is more complicated then windows...

ok, in my opinion, who ever finds windoze complicated has serious issues...

There is some truth behind lum's madness this time. The main WWIIOL site is reporting that they are extending the free period "Indefinitly untill we fix the server code" and the forums are lit on fire with angry folks who can't get on, and even more angry folks who are pissed about the fact you have to hit three seperate keys to aim your gun. Sounds like it's going to go the way of Take2 BC3K, by the time anyone fixes it, most people will have given up on it.

Its sad really, the game did have alot of potental but... I guess it was to rushed and now we have to see such a good game go down the drain...

But on the bright side, lets hope most gaming companys learn from the mistakes of the games that didn't do so well (yea right, most companys don't learn).

Oh well, I just can't wait till GCO comes out!