Joint Ops demo is out!!

quote:

Originally posted by DeepFreeze:

It runs like trash on my computer, but from what I've seen, its a glorified BF nam ripoff. Which is a shame, because I usually like Novalogic games.

I tend to agree

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rtoolooze

I'll tell ya, I've been having a blast with this one. With the update, its much better. I'm so used to everything now, especially flying helo's. I love how they handle.

The tactical map is also cool. (The one the V key brings up, not the M one) Lets you get a good overview of the situation around you.

I predict good things with this one.

I played it. It's pretty good but the online play for me has some serious issues. Even with the update it freeze's when loading the map. I can only play on a server that has like 3 people on it and I have DSL. In short words I wish Novalogic had worked on the demo a bit more before releasing it.

Guest rtoolooze

Hmmmmm..... I've had no issues with it what so ever. I mostly play on servers with 32 players, but I've even been in some servers with almost a 100 players.

Runs pretty smooth on my middle of the road PC too. Some settings on med, some on high, 1024x768, and 2x antialiasing.

Looks good too. At first I did'nt like the way the weapons fired. Once I got used to aiming and firing, how to use grenade launchers, and operate vehicals, My kills started going up. I've still got alot to learn, but I'm having lots of fun. I can't wait for the full release.

• 1 month later...
Guest rtoolooze

Hey guys, in case you did'nt know, a new demo for Joint Ops has been released. I'm getting it now.

I've been having a blast with the old demo since it was released. The full game should hit the stores on the 16th of this month.

Cheers

Downloaded it (new version) i must say not a bad game. Played it for a coupla hours. I like the dawn - dusk transitions while you are playing the mission. launching flares against stingers is fun.

1st game (compared to OFP, BF1942, etc) where you can fly the chopper with keys kinda nice if you're not a simplayer.

Guest rtoolooze

I was gonna get it this weekend, but now I have to get rear rotors, calipers, and brake pads on the rear of my '91 Taurus SHO.

Who knows, mabe I can whip up some magic and scrape the money somewhere, lol. Here's to hoping.

Guest rtoolooze

Well, I did whip up some magic and picked up Joint Ops.

Have'nt had but a couple hours with it, but so far Its good. Had 1 CTD, and some of the very large maps chug along rather slow. (Of course that would be remedied with an upgrade to my computer, which is over due)

All in all, I give it a thumbs up. It keeps me from playing the BF series.

I'd have to agree with you, rtoolooze. Was messing around with it on and off the past couple of days between thunderstorms and it isn't too bad. I haven't had any CTDs with it.