Battlefield 2

• 1 year later...

Well, the demo is out. Anyone try it yet? I tried it. Its more of the same, but if you're a fan, thats not a bad thing.

One thing though, it reeks of the Desert Combat mod which the [now closed] Trauma studios did for the original BF1942 game. Just a bit more polished.

That is exactly what it is SC, the DC mod, polished. same gameplay, and some of the "features" are rather irritating, but it is in essence, same old, same old.

Oh, and the C-4 works like it did in the original BF1942, it blows the vehicles sky high, which is rather fun to play with...LOL

It will KILL your system if you don't have a high-end system. No joke.

From my first impressions, I recommend

2.4Ghz CPU or higher

512MB RAM or higher

Any nVidia/ATI video card manufactured in the past year and half with at *minimum* 128MB RAM.

I played it on my gaming rig with no problems @ 1024x768 everything on high

3.2Ghz CPU

1GB RAM

ATI X800 w/256MB (AGP)

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

It will KILL your system if you don't have a high-end system. No joke.

From my first impressions, I recommend

2.4Ghz CPU or higher

512MB RAM or higher

Any nVidia/ATI video card manufactured in the past year and half with at *minimum* 128MB RAM.

I played it on my gaming rig with no problems @ 1024x768 everything on high

3.2Ghz CPU

1GB RAM

ATI X800 w/256MB (AGP)

How bad will a 2.0 ghz with 768MB RAM and a Geforce FX 5600 Ultra perform?

On the ATI issue, ATIs have been having a bit of a problem in the past days with new games havn't they?

I have a 1.3 Ghz with 512 meg ram, and a 5500 w 128 meg, Nvidia card.

Works fine on my system, the black screen freaked me out the first time, because it sat there for like 10 seconds, but then it kicked in and was able to play no problem.

It's a solid game, but even me being a BF fanatic, I don't think I'm going to get it. I'm not sure why. It doesn't do anything wrong. In fact it does most things right. But it just seems so "Bleh" to me. I remember the first time I played BF42. Oh god I didn't come out of my basement for weeks. That game was my life for a very long time. BF2 is good and all, but it just doesn't have that magic. Like you guys said, it feels like a really pretty version of Desert Combat (with non-crappy netcode). Been there, done that I guess. It's probably just the realization that this is just the same BF42 i've been playing for how many years now, except they changed the BAR1918 to the M16 and called it a new game.

Well,it definetely can be quite a nice and fun game,but up to this moment you have to search quite a lot time to find a server with people willing to form up squads and with capable commanders.Unfortunalety on the most servers there is no organization,everyone is running wildy without any plan,and then it isn't very fun,rather boring.

Egh... single player, the map is so limited... I brought out my joystick (and I usually use an Xbox controller for UC/BMC) to fly the heli's and things.. but there are none.. >

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

My Laptop plays it pretty well.

Athon 64M 3400+

1.2GB RAM

Radeon Mobility 9600 64MB ram (core at 425mhz)

I play it at 800x600 with all medium settings and its decently smooth in the 40's.

quote:

Originally posted by Terran Marine:

Ok, I have a question. Would it be possible for Battlefield 2 to run on a Pentium 4 1.6 GHZ, 256 Video Card, 256 RAM?

P1.6Ghz should be OK, but if you want to run UCAWA, You'll probably want to double your processing power. (I Know it SAYS 2Ghz, but we'll see about that )

Miminum RAM posted on the site is 512, but considering the huge maps that they will be using I would go with a Gig of Ram. Check out Outpost.com, I just bought another 512 chip from them for only $38.00, plus 8 bucks for overnight shipping.

As for your video card, as long as it has Hardware T&L and a Vertex Shader, it should be good, with ATI it's anything 8500 and up (as long as it has 128Megs RAM or higher) and I forget what it is with Nvidia.

DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT, sit in the multiplayer menu for too long, the game will LOCK up BIG time.

If you need to take a break, EXIT the game... LOL