Battlefield 2

Tweaks & Cheats galore!

Enhanced single player in 32-player map hack right here!

quote:

I'm not sure you guys know this, but you can edit aidefault.ai to put more bots into a single player game. Cool enough. But did you know that you can boot up a single player game, and then have other people connect directly to your IP address for bona fide co-op play with a mapload of bots?

quote:

Originally posted by Darkling:

quote:

Originally posted by Terran Marine:

Ok, I have a question. Would it be possible for Battlefield 2 to run on a Pentium 4 1.6 GHZ, 256 Video Card, 256 RAM?

P1.6Ghz should be OK, but if you want to run UCAWA, You'll probably want to double your processing power. (I Know it SAYS 2Ghz, but we'll see about that )

Miminum RAM posted on the site is 512, but considering the huge maps that they will be using I would go with a Gig of Ram. Check out Outpost.com, I just bought another 512 chip from them for only $38.00, plus 8 bucks for overnight shipping.

As for your video card, as long as it has Hardware T&L and a Vertex Shader, it should be good, with ATI it's anything 8500 and up (as long as it has 128Megs RAM or higher) and I forget what it is with Nvidia.

Link to the page where you bought this chip please.

quote:

is insane! They now have a Keboard specifically for BattleField 2.

I guess they think this will be BIG!

I think the keyboard is a gaming keyboard that comes with different templates you can lay over the top of it for different games, as well as game-specific drivers to map the keyboard to those games.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

That is exactly what it is SC, the DC mod, polished. same gameplay, and some of the "features" are rather irritating, but it is in essence, same old, same old.

Oh, and the C-4 works like it did in the original BF1942, it blows the vehicles sky high, which is rather fun to play with...LOL

I like the C4 in BF2 better than in DC. In BF2 you can actually stick it to stuff, which makes it great for sticking a bunch of C4 to a boat, driving it under a bridge, then jumping out and blowing up the bridge. It's also fun to stick it on enemy aircraft and blow it up when they fly away.

quote:

Originally posted by Matchoo:

quote:

This
is insane! They now have a Keboard specifically for BattleField 2.

I guess they think this will be BIG!

I think the keyboard is a gaming keyboard that comes with different templates you can lay over the top of it for different games, as well as game-specific drivers to map the keyboard to those games.

It's been out for awhile, but I don't think the company will stay in buisiness for too long. why not use a standard keyboard instead of adding $15 to your purchase price of BF2?

The fact that you have a squadleader and a commander is cool. Didn't know this the first couple of times i played it.

Special forces can really be used for special tasks. That is to take out the UAV, radar and artillery [ for those who did not play it yet ] with C4.

I have played a bunch of games last days and don't understand why ppl leave the commander unoccupied. You can beter have a bad commander than no commander. If you have a couple of good squadleaders they will place the UAV or the artillery on the on the right place at the right time.

The damaged UAV, artillery are fixed rather easy because you can drop supplies nearby and it is automaticly fixed. this makes an engineer kinda obsolete. I guess it works as designed but it feels like cheat to me.

If i can choose i'll take the losing side and it's more fun too see if you can make a difference if there are not too many players that is cause it won't matter then. The only problem is that many ppl don't join a squad which makes the commander ineffective but that is an old multiplay problem i guess.

I think i might buy it but i'm gonna wait for some more reviews.

quote:

Originally posted by Freyar:

It's been out for awhile, but I don't think the company will stay in buisiness for too long. why not use a standard keyboard instead of adding $15 to your purchase price of BF2?

Well I just picked one up from CompUSA and used it in the Demo and I can tell you that it DEFINITLY gives you some extreme advantages. Most keyboards can only register 3 to 4 keystrokes at a time, this thing can register 7, so you can use certain key combos in a hurry along with some macro programs that I put together with this that give you some REAL advantages. Expecially when you're flying.

I have to say I've been playing it like a fiend, and the command and control features are FANTASTIC. Finally the game's less like a mob rush and it's more like a coordinated set of strikes. I do agree with one review that it would have been better to see some of the capture points unavailable until you'd taken closer ones. I don't know if that's a technical detail or if they just didn't do it, but I think the idea of a moving front would be very cool.

It's the demo, so on the one hand I think it doesn't matter, it might even be a good thing so that people can see a whole lot more of what the full game has to offer. Or something...

The timelimit is way too short anyway.

On the other hand. If people are allowed to do this they kinda have the full game, but only with one map and people might just choose to go along with the demo instead of buying the full thing.

I had a blast playing the demo, though, even with the timelimit, but I don't get why the game reloads the map after a few rounds...

Voice over IP didn't work yet, but that's probably a config issue on either mine or my friend's side.

quote:

Originally posted by Zane Marlowe:

I have to say I've been playing it like a fiend, and the command and control features are FANTASTIC. Finally the game's less like a mob rush and it's more like a coordinated set of strikes. I do agree with one review that it would have been better to see some of the capture points unavailable until you'd taken closer ones. I don't know if that's a technical detail or if they just didn't do it, but I think the idea of a moving front would be very cool.

Command & Control is definitely tops.. Especially how we can do Voip with up to 6 Squad members. But one of the things that I love the most is taking my squad members in a Helicoptor over to ANY capture point, circling overhead while my squad members cut them to peices then landing there and taking the flag, so as for your second idea, I think if anything it would take away from the game.

quote:

Originally posted by Enigma:

if you have set up VoIP, u hold "B" to talk to the squad and "V" to talk to the Cmdr if your a Squad Leader

But first, for the VOIP to work, you have to join a game that has the little headphones on the righthand side, then when you're choosing your Kit, there's a tab that says "Squad" you need to either join a squad or create one. The VOIP is limited to your squad only (up to 6 Max), so it doesn't hamper the performance of the game... Imagine 32 people talking, it would be mass confusion... AND lead to serious lag as the VOIP packets are spread to everyone.

quote:

Darkling,

Which chip would you recomend getting?

Depends on your motherboard and if you're doing any overclocking.

PC3200 is for 400Mhz FSB Motherboard, 2700 is for 333 and 2100 for 300Mhz (I think). So the faster your MB (or overclocking) the faster memory you want.

quote:

Valve's Half-Life 2 survey clearly shows over 20% of PC Gamers would not be able to run Battlefield 2.

Why would Valve be doing a survey about BF2?

"Can't play BF2? Buy HL2 instead, it will run on your GeForce4 card....(*note - Internet connection REQUIRED to play singleplayer.)"

Funny how I can play BF2 but not HL2 because I don't have an internet connection I can play on. Wonder if Valve ever did a survey to find out how many PC Gamers wouldn't be able to run HL2 with the internet restriction.

I had a GeForce 440MX when 'Deus Ex - Invisible War' came out. I paid the $50 for the game, but when I tried to run it it didn't work because the card didn't have the necessary hardware requirements (I check the requirements a lot closer now ). It sat on my shelf for 7 months until I was able to purchase a new card. I understand the frustration of not being able to play a new game because of hardware limitations, but I also understand now that adding the backwards compatibility adds cost and time to the project, and moving forward requires you to leave some behind. Hopefully we are getting closer to a point where the graphics will be as life-like as you can get them, and fewer video upgrades will be required to keep up the the latest games.

I have been involved in the Battlefield 1942 Stunt community for a while, one of the stunt groups has put together a movie of stunts in BF2.

This will show you some of the OTHER things that can be done with this game. This game is just MADE for stunting, just as BF1942 was, and the mods are great for it.

Here's a movie with just the STOCK bf2 out of the box so to speak. it's 52 megs, but I assure you, it is WELL worth it, just to see the graphics and other capabilities of this game.

Stunts Regeneration at Filefront mirror

Good news. I redownloaded the Battlefield 2 Demo from Fileplanet and managed to be able to install it. I can run it on the Medium Settings with a bit of lag but not too much. I will still be upgrading to 512 RAM to be on the safe side. its a pretty good game so far. my only problem is that alot of servers have Team Killers on them. My Game ID is Dond67.

quote:

Good news. I redownloaded the Battlefield 2 Demo from Fileplanet and managed to be able to install it. I can run it on the Medium Settings with a bit of lag but not too much. I will still be upgrading to 512 RAM to be on the safe side. its a pretty good game so far. my only problem is that alot of servers have Team Killers on them. My Game ID is Dond67.

Realisticly, you need like a Gig of memory to run it, with a lot of players at 512 Meg it's still laggy. The good news is that you can get the 512 Meg chips for only $38.00 from Outpost. What's nice about using them is that usually you can order before midnight and have it by the next morning and overnight shipping is very cheap, usually around 10 bucks.