The Chronicles Of Riddick

let's hope the movie doesn't suck 'cuz from the looks of the trailers, I'm not that impressed especially with the whole necromonger thing sounds like a cheesy borg assimilation rip-off idea. instead of the game prequel it would have been better as a movie adaptation so the focus would be more on Riddick.

I'd more place the Necromonger as a 'homage' to a certain Games Workshop style enemy, than Star Trek.

Since the whole look of Riddick is very WH40K.

Nice find SC and after playing the demo, the game's pretty good. From the talented chaps who did Enclave @ Starbreeze.

I know a couple of those guys

yeah I was thinking about necrons when i saw that too but its not that same as them

they just destroy everything in their path because they are souless robots but the necromongers seem to be more for enslavement

it does not look bad. I am a FPS fan since Wolfenstein3D, but there is a time when you got enough. its just "another routine FPS" from what I get. and I can't be convinced to play on a console and I have a problem with M$, sorry

• 1 year later...

Time to resurrect an old thread.....

I went ahead and bought this game yesterday for $20 (PC version), played it for a few hours last night, and I have to say that so far it has been awesome. The creators did a really good job at capturing the look and attitude of Riddick (Vin Diesel doing the voice really makes it good). The graphics are really good, the gameplay is fun, and the cutscenes are great. I'll have to finish it and give my final opinion, but so far the reviews have been pretty accurate and I would suggest it to anybody who hasn't tried it.

Below are a couple of my favorite cutscenes so far, but if you are planning on trying it and don't want it ruined, don't read on.

In the opening cutscene, you see Riddick walking through a frozen wasteland, and some creature stalking him. Riddick goes into a cave and the creature rushes in after him, only to be knocked in the face by Riddick when it enters the cave. By the time it regains it's composure, Riddick is gone. It travels into the cave looking for him, and spots his coat on the floor. It stops to smell it, and that's when the camera changes and you see Riddick (his knives stuck in the wall to hold himself up), in a shaft above the creature. Riddick folds his arms across his chest, comes down on the creature, and proceeds to kill it. He then makes a comment about it not being safe in the dark. It totally felt like I was watching one of the movies, and I was tempted to go pop myself up a bag of popcorn.

In another one later in the game, Riddick is running towards this deep pit that he has to go down. Right before he gets to it, a guard jumps in his way and starts shooting at him. Riddick tackles the guard and they fall down the shaft. On the way down, Riddick says 'Its not the fall that kills you.'. They get to the bottom, and Riddick lands on top of the guard, crushing him. Riddick stands up, brushes himself off, then looking down at the dead guard says 'Its the sudden stop at the bottom." That's totally Riddick...

Ok, I've been playing since I posted last week, and I have to say that it is still fun, and I don't see how some people can say it is too short.

When I first broke out of the prison, fought my way to the quarters of the head security guard (guy with sun glasses), and beat him, I thought to myself 'yeah, it was way too short'. But then it turns out I don't kill him, and I get sent do a deeper part of the prison. Good, the games longer.

I play it off and on for a few days, I make it out of the lower prison area, fight my way to a spaceship, board it, and I figure 'hey, I'm finally done'. WRONG!!!!!

They capture me AGAIN, put me into a cryo-freeze (yeah, like THAT'S gonna hold me ), and of course I break out again. Now I'm trying to find my way out of the room with the cryo-pyramids.

Talk about a fun game.....

(I did find one bug/exploit though. I discovered that if you are in a fire-fight, if you get into a shadow and duck so you normally can't be seen, then quick-save, there is a good chance when you quick-load that the enemy will forget that he is fighting you and walk away, giving you the opportunity to him.)