• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

StarRush

quote:

Description

StarRush is a spaceship simulator. The scene of action is a distant galaxy, which suffers from a syndrome similar to gold rush. Events that took place in America in the 19th century are transferred to distant future. StarRush immerses you into a world, where people are obsessed with gold. You can trust no one, but yourself. The only friend you can rely on is your gun, so be sure it is loaded. The main feature of the game is an original concept of the game world. Players can actually land on the planets by going through the atmosphere and even battle in the skies as well as in outer space. Prepare to take place in this race and remember that weapons are the best argument.

eaglelander3d

quote:

Eagle Lander 3D (EL3D) is an authentic simulation of the Apollo lunar landings and includes accurate renditions of scenery, flight dynamics and the lunar module. EL3D has developed from a freeware first generation Apollo 11 simulator to one that will recreate every Apollo landing mission. Currently EL3D includes Apollo 11,12, 15, a LM racing course and an orbital module. Other missions will easily 'plug-in'.

EL3D is designed to realistically render the physics and dynamics of the lunar module as well as the terrain of the lunar surface. EL3D uses the latest in graphical 3D technology to provide high resolution renditions of the LM, it's instruments, and the lunar surface in the region of the current landing site. All primary flight instruments work like the originals with many operating control panel switches too. The Apollo Guidance Computer has been modeled and works just like the original including the famous 1201 Alarm Code on Apollo 11!

Wing Commander Standoff

quote:

What is Standoff?

Standoff is a project that aims to bring new content to Origin's Wing Commander Secret Ops, a space combat game which was distributed freely over the internet a few years ago. In other words, Standoff is a Secret Ops mod. It will need the original SO files to run, but will not replace them, so you can easily switch between using the original SO game content and the Standoff game content. This mod will, obviously, be a free download to which everyone's entitled. However, each user will install this mod at his/her own risk, since as much as we will work hard to make everything work flawlessly, we CANNOT guarantee that it will. The content which Standoff is planned to add to Secret Ops is detailed below, although these features are still subject to change.

Terminus, by Vicarious Visions. It's a space-sim/rpg with newtonian space flight model. Available for Linux, Windows and MacOS. Difficult to find (at least here in Europe, unknown in Italy).

HardWar, by The Software Refinery. It's not a "true" space sim, in fact you play over the surface of Titan (I'm leaving, don't beat me! ). Piloting small ships you must trade and kill for profit. It's similar to Egosoft's games. The Software Refinery had scarce fortune, and had to close, so the game's no longer maintained by them. Fortunately there's a strong community that keeps everything together. Look at Planet HardWar and Captain Zedo's HardWar Community. There you'll find even the ISOs of the game, plus patches (recently one of the developers has released some unofficial patches), infos and so on.

Guest Grayfox

Stars!

one of my friends back home turned me onto this one. its a turn based strategy game thats been around for awhile.

i like the play by email option... except for the fact that it can usually take several months to complete one game but theres just something about playing a turn based space strat with like 16 people...

Its not russian only.There is a parkan 2 thread if you want more info.

And there seems to be lots of quality space sim/rts games coming in 2005/6(x2 the return,starshatter4.5,parkan2,starwolves,space rangers 2,..),a good portion of them being direct competitors to BC series,I think it can only benefit us gamers

quote:

Originally posted by Wolfheart:

(x2 the return,starshatter4.5,parkan2,starwolves,space rangers 2,..),a good portion of them being direct competitors to BC series,I think it can only benefit us gamers

And which portion would that be exactly?

x2,parkan2,space rangers2 are the ones I can remember and then there are some promising open source titles(vega strike being one of them).I dont mean they are BCs twin-brothers, they all have their unique styles seperating them from BC and each other but IMO they all cater to the same(more or less) audience(open-ended space sim fans) and as such they are direct competitors of BC series.

So when I said "competitors" I meant competition in selling most games to the fans of this genre(getting the biggest pie as not all people (can)buy all of them so they have to decide on which one to buy) not competition in gameplay(as they are in fact very different games that are focusing on different things).

DUEL v0.98

quote:

Windows Duel - 11MB with source and MSVS projects. If you download the linux version too

and copy across the source files, you'll get the up to date version. Note, I don't use the standard windows opengl headers, I use the ones from Mesa.

A simple, easy to understand game. From an overhead perspective, pilot your little ship around with the arrow keys, shooting your way (with the space bar) through about twenty levels of action and gorgeous (_cough_) 3d graphics. In theory, all you windows folks need to do is extract the archive, and double click the exe. In theory. Sorry, I never got round to adding sound - but look on the bright side, at least you can use it at work without anyone noticing.