Halo2..OMG!

Kevin Trotter

I took a break after just 20 minutes of playing and all I can say is I'm calling off tomorrow. I love the dual wielding as well as the Battlerifle. The new pistol doesnt have a scope but of course everyone knew that was coming.

The game comes with a free XBox live 60 day trial so I am going to by a new DSL modem tomorrow morning and check it out.

The crowd at Gamestop wasnt bad at 11:15 but at the store I went to ( Fox Chapel Pa, near my house) by 12:00 the line streched back past five store fronts past an intersection to the Wal-Mart.

To boot store staff was handing out copies of MOH Pacific Assault demos to the first fifty people in line.

All in all pretty cool though it was a frosty 38 degrees. Well my break is over..I'll report back in about a week.

Lol

I just got back from work, even at 9:30 pm (which is when I left) the line from EB was already OUTSIDE the mall's entrance (and EB is near the entrance, well.. if you call 5 shops away from the entrance) and streached out into the parking lot

I WAS going to wait in line.. but I decided I needed some sleep first

I'll buy mine after my father get's back from work tomorrow, beside's, I have mine on pre-order so they'll be holding a copy.. if they don't then the cooperate office will get a call from me.. I pre-ordered a copy so I expect one to be there when I get there (although, granted, they only hold you're copy for 48 hours upon release, in this case, not even 24 hours will pass when I go to get it)

So far all I can say is *yawn*. Good thing I had it paid off a long time ago or I might feel I was out $50. I could attribute 50% of this to not having a keyboard/mouse. I don't like FPS games on console controllers - and my TV is small (19")... and the grapics just - they're not what I had expected. Spoiled by computer games? Yeah, I think so. The 'greatest' console game of all time (IMHO that honor belongs to Ninja Gaiden XB, but we'll just go off the ad campaign byline) really dosn't impress me that much. So far, though - it seems like Bungie has nixed the gross repetition that made Halo so annoying (Ie, artificially lengthening the game by repeating levels). That is good news, at least.

But then, I didn't care for the first Halo either. I think Half Life 2, Vampire Bloodlines, and Moment of Silence are more my cup o tea.

Now back the Morrowind Online - er, I mean EverQuest 2.

As I sit five minutes before class to type this...I have to say that Halo 2 simply rocks! I got mine at EB around 12:10am (8th in line! woo!), raced home, and played for the next six hours. I dont have xb-live so im going to buy a starter kit today and see how this 'optimatch' system works. Though I still dont believe Halo 2 will hold a candle to the glory that will be Half-Life 2, I believe this game will hold me out until 3am EST next tuesday.

My roommate sold 9 of his games just so he didn't have to wait till payday to buy this... It rocks.... I can't stop playing. Halo was great, Halo 2 is better. I figure its a good thing to waste the time while I wait for next week.

There are some GREAT games that have come/are coming out this month; this is going to be a very aggressive season.

Why buy a game you know you dont like? So you can have something new to ***** about! I dislike RPG's so I purposely dont buy them simply to spew venom. If you are convinced console games are the devils work STOP ****ING BUYING THEM! Its called voting with your feet. I for one dont want to hear the PC vs Console thing rehashed ad infinitum, ad nauseum

I bought it for one reason:

COOPERATIVE MULTIPLAYER

Basically, anything that has coop, I will buy. That makes it all worthwhile. Unlike most people out there, I just don't think Halo 2 equates the second coming of Christ. It's not bad or anything - it's just a game that has to be played with a friend. That's why I have consoles - for the multiplayer. The social element really changes everything.

[ 11-09-2004, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Scrivener ]

Guest Grayfox

for some reason this one doesnt take my breath away. its cool... somewhat but it gives me more of a "meh" feeling. dual weapons and the ability to hijack a moving vehicle are cool additions, but im just not awed by it.

cant wait to try the coop out with my lil brother. maybe thatll make it more interesting.

oh well few more weeks till HL2 and KOTOR 2

This game will surpass every other in sale's

Hell, my friend just called me and told that there is STILL a line at my local EB FOR Halo 2

It's been about 2 days now since it was released and there are STILL people waiting in line =

But, other than that, it succeed's

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

You're kidding Grizzle...

Yep Just a bit astounded at all the hype surrounding this game. I played the first Halo for a bit and didnt think it measured up to all the praise it had gotten. I hope you all enjoy the new one, but I'm not buying.

Have any of you heard the speculation that Halo 3 may be released as early as Feb 9?

Apparently when you beat the game in Legendary - at the end of the credits is a single line of text reading "Coming February 9th"

Many people are saying that, if this IS a Halo 3 hint - that it could mean Feb 9, 2006. However, I find that unlikely and here's why:

1) The date is too precise. With more than a year before Feb 9th, such an exact date is unreasonable. After what happened to HL2 - no developer in their right mind would make that kind of specific announcement so far ahead of release.

2) Halo 2 is short. Less than 10 hours short. For all the hubub that just dosn't seem like quite enough. I think Bungie is pulling a Kill Bill on us. That is - they cut the game in half, focusing on completing only the first half and shipping that. If it's true, then the rest of the game is already near-complete - which, if it clocks in with the same ammount of gameplay, can be released as it's own complete game - just in time to get snagged by people completing their new Halo 2 Christmas gifts.

Then there's the matter that the soundtrack (listed Vol. 1) has all the music from Halo 2 already. Bungie are their bizarre mind-games...

Anyhoo, that's what I think.

• 3 weeks later...