EULAs inside the shrinkwrap are no longer good enough

Supreme Cmdr

About bloody time. I always wondered how those companies got away with that since noone will take back an open item. Now there's a way to fight back - especially against 1-machine licenses. IMO, we should have 1 household licenses as a rule. Greedy corporate bastards all. Nice to see some right being done with the courts for a change.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm ... Having the EULA inside the game, and not being able to return the game once it is opened, is problematic at best. I can see why consumers would be somewhat irate.

What I don't understand is why any of these companies care if the users of their MMO's buy and sell virtual commodities for real dollars.

As far as I can tell, this does not place the producers or developers in an kind of libel situation, nor does it inadvertantly change the game dynamics any more than in-game trading would do.

I, of course, reserve the right to be completely wrong on this, and would welcome anyone setting me straight on this issue.

-Kreij

Hello,

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Easy solution to EULA: Get somebody else to click accept, that way they accept the EULA and you don't have to, even though it's your computer and your program.

Heck, automate the process, and let the computer click the button automaticly.

EULA's are not valid contracts anyway, at least here, because a contract is only valid if two parties can communicate over the terms of the contract, and since this is impossible with these accept or die-things, they are not valid.

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag