X│: Reunion

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually pretty interested in getting this game. The only reason I didn't really play X2 was because the zarking interface didn't support mouse for all those little menus.

Okay, without drawing meaningless comparisons to UC (in any of its forms), how do you like X3? Is it good times?

Well... 1.3 DOES make the game more stable (for me anyway)

Only thing I didn't appricaite is the Xenon whiping out my empire

Oh well.... time to spend another week building it back up.. and this time.. with a bigger fleet to protect it with

quote:

Originally posted by Zane Marlowe:

Okay, without drawing meaningless comparisons to UC (in any of its forms), how do you like X3? Is it good times?

If you're a space sim fan, you should get it. But I would wait until the price drops because in its current state, its not worth anything higher than $29.99 (or less).

It can get to be tedious, boring and mundane. The AI and combat still suck but not as much as they did in X2. Like all games, it is an acquired taste.

Dont install the patch if the game runs fine for you. PSG's and systems with astroid belts cause some serious lag. Other people seem to have randon things happen, for instance one poor chap had a Khaak Carrier, Destroyer, and many clusters spawn in the Home of Light system and wipe everything out.

• 3 weeks later...

I've finnaly settled down with some free time, and kicked up X3 and actually got addicted. Its a nice universe, execellent graphics, but I think an aqcuired taste as mentioned. It is really hard to GET into initially. First couple times I tried, I quit in frustration thanking myself it was only 39.99.

But the game gives a great amount of satisfaction.

In terms of building and maintaining your own empire, it is quite cool. I remember Derek mentioning the ability to build stations in the next BC game don't know if that is still in, but that would be great. In UC I'm missing my empire from X3, and in X3, I am missing the excellent do anything possible with your own starship sort of thing, in terms of the first person mode, landing on planets etc....

my UCAWA game is on hold for now. And I was just planning a major invasion.... waiting for my crew to rest... SETA anyone?

EDIT: @joebeard. I recommend over 1 gig of ram to play smooth and cut down load times, for example, loading a game will docked in Argon Prime takes forever on 512 ram, also jumping into it, with 1.5 gigs, its fine.

[ 01-14-2006, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Cruis.In ]

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

I remember Derek mentioning the ability to build stations in the next BC game don't know if that is still in, but that would be great.

I removed it from my design docs because I didn't want to turn the series into something its not. Its not an empire building, trading game. It is a combat game. The X series are are an empire/trading game series.