Freespace 2 Revival

For those of you who either never played it, don't play it anymore etc, here is how you can revive the urge.

Have fun!! Some important news coming soon

Hey, I still have an account here! Forgot I registered when I picked up a couple copies of your games.

Good stuff, FS2 was. The FS2 Source Code Project appreciates the nod. Folks who are interested, drop by the HLP forums if you run into snags, lots of problems solved there (the PXO replacement is not perfect, and, well, neither is the 3.6.5 release, corrected soon). Not sure I have seen that setup site before, I need to add it to the SCP links page.

One does have to wonder what the news might be

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

well..

I know SC was talking about aquiring the rights to FS (if i am remembering right) about 3-6 months ago. with the intent on making A new FS game

So where can one get the FS2 game CD-ROM without having to sell one's own mother and spleen?

I saw it going for $70+ somewhere on the 'net. That's ridiculous, especially for a game that old. I thought prices go down as a game ages...

quote:

Originally posted by Joel Schultz:

I saw it going for $70+ somewhere on the 'net. That's ridiculous, especially for a game that old. I thought prices go
down
as a game ages...

Yeah but now it's a classic and a collectible. But unless it's a first edition and signed, I wouldn't pay $70 bucks for it.

(I'm NOT saying that I would allow a copy to transfer mind-you....I have an original here too)...)

I meant is this:

If you can get it, then simply can participate is all ...FS2 is a pretty good game there, I liked it alot too as well, but if you have it..upgrade and whatnot, then see what happens...for FS2, used to be part of a Fleet there as well before it flopped...