Star Wars: Empire At War

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
the expansion adds a faction that uses more indirect methods of conquering the galaxy.

do you play eaw SC? seem pretty interested quite late in the game

An incredibly unbalanced faction to boot. The pirate space stations are ridiculous.

An incredibly unbalanced faction to boot. The pirate space stations are ridiculous.

Not if you're playing Imperial. Vader's Executor will make short work of anything.

My suggestions for dominant gameplay;

Normal layout per planet is 2 ATAT's, 2 ATST's, 2 Storm Trooper platoons, and 1 Field Commander. Space wise per planet is 1 Imperial Star Destroyer and 2 Victory Class Star Destroyers. If I have a "hero" Fleet Commander (Grand Moff Tarkin, Admiral Thrawn, Vader, etc) I also throw in 2 Tie Defender squadrons, 2 Tie Phantom squadrons, and 2 Tie Bomber squadrons (for bombing runs during planetary battles). If you have a Deathstar, I suggest holding it at The Maw when you're not using it. For some reason, Rogue Squadron cannot touch it there (at least they haven't yet, anyway), which I'm sure touches on The Jedi Academy books.

Not if you're playing Imperial. Vader's Executor will make short work of anything.

My suggestions for dominant gameplay;

Normal layout per planet is 2 ATAT's, 2 ATST's, 2 Storm Trooper platoons, and 1 Field Commander. Space wise per planet is 1 Imperial Star Destroyer and 2 Victory Class Star Destroyers. If I have a "hero" Fleet Commander (Grand Moff Tarkin, Admiral Thrawn, Vader, etc) I also throw in 2 Tie Defender squadrons, 2 Tie Phantom squadrons, and 2 Tie Bomber squadrons (for bombing runs during planetary battles). If you have a Deathstar, I suggest holding it at The Maw when you're not using it. For some reason, Rogue Squadron cannot touch it there (at least they haven't yet, anyway), which I'm sure touches on The Jedi Academy books.

Yeah... unbalanced when you need a SSD to take them down when rebel stations go down against bombers/ISDs.

• 2 weeks later...

hey,

I love the choke point way of EAW, that you can't get behind front lines once the system doesnt have an access route to get behind.

After reinstalling recently and playing a campaign large, took many hours but I finally beat it. Was very fun. I had like three fronts. I was at the top again you could say, playing imperials, and I expanded to the right and I expanded downwards, early on and throughout the middle stages of the game the rebels just kept annoyingly taking back over planets because I wouldn't have enough to protect and hold. Then I'd have to invade again, rebuild, bleh, so eventually I created three attack groups, consisting of a space fleet and a ground force. And attacked in the three prong direction to take over systems to keep my backward systems protected, so they'd have to go through the large fleet on either front to get behind.

This worked, and the AI crumbled afterwards.

Id really love a star trek game like this ;)

this game is just so much fun.

I got around to reinstalling it last night and have it patched up. I played through the first few tutorials to refresh my memory since it's been a while. I enjoyed myself with it.

Does anyone know if the addon for it is worth it or not?

-Sho

Does anyone know if the addon for it is worth it or not?

As long as you immediately patch it, the expansion is pretty good. The Corrupt side is difficult to play against, but the patch balances it out quite a bit. Plus the additional units on the Imperial and Rebel sides are fun to play as. Gotta love the B-Wing.

If you get it send me a PM and I'll play with you sometime Sho.

As long as you immediately patch it, the expansion is pretty good. The Corrupt side is difficult to play against, but the patch balances it out quite a bit. Plus the additional units on the Imperial and Rebel sides are fun to play as. Gotta love the B-Wing.

Sold! I'll try to find a copy somewhere.

If you get it send me a PM and I'll play with you sometime Sho.

I'll do that! B)

-Sho