For Wing Commander Fans

almostpilot

Has anyone gotten the sound to work in this? The game looks real good once I got it installed, but I can't get any sound.

I tried deleting the files they specified in their troubleshooting thread and reinstalling the sound file to no avail.

-Sho

quote:

have you installed OpenAL? I somehow remember reading it needed that

Yes, Eclipse, I did. That's what I meant in my earlier post when I spoke of reinstalling the sound file. When you install the game, it also installs the OpenAL. I even went as far as going to the OpenAL site and downloading it again and reinstalling. Still no dice.

-Sho

quote:

I noticed that yours is onboard junk, Sho.

Yeah, I've been meaning to get another soundcard other than the old SoundBlaster Live! I have boxed up around here. I may have to break it out of storage.

-Sho

No, you misunderstand, Cruis.In. I am currently using the onboard sound from my ASUS motherboard which is a Nvidia Soundstorm.

I was merely commenting to Wolferz that I have an old SoundBlaster Live! card in a box around here that I may dig out and install into my computer.

-Sho

[ 01-17-2007, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: ShoHashi ]

quote:

so is the game really that good? are you using a joystick?

I haven't played it much because of the lack of sound (at least until I put in the new card this weekend) but it doesn't seem too bad. I'm using my Microsoft Sidewinder joystick.

-Sho