Command and Conquer 3

Raziel

and mirrors are available on 3D Downloads, 4players.de, ActionTrip, ComputerGames.ro, eXp Download, FanGaming, FileShack, Fragland.net, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot (registration required), Internode Games Network, and Strategy Informer.

Meh. Most of them are affiliates of IGN anyhow, so you might as well stick with the one with cleanest and easiest to use interface which is Fileplanet.

Anyhoo, I've been playing the demo and so far I'm pretty impressed. I have been having a ball and I just love the FMV's. Definatly on my to-buy list.

The demo is pretty cool, same old C&C goodness. The actors in the demo include the asian cylon from the new Battlestar series and Michael Ironside and they both do a good job. It isn't really anything new to the RTS genre as far as I can tell. It looks like they took the "If it ain't broken don't fix it" approach /again/ I've got no problems with that myself!

Got the demo, played it...

didnt like it.

Yes, very pretty graphics. But gameplay is really nothing more than 'build like crazy and throw them all into combat in one big gank rush' thing.

The only thing I really liked was the infantry's ability to 'dig in' and create bunkers and that they can occupy buildings and fortify them.

Sadly though, vehicles still run over and squish infantry (which ive really hated from C&C since the first game), and the game is geared towards getting the biggest and most heavily armed vehicle into the field to be able to win.

I guess this is too arcade and fast paced for me to find enjoyable. I can only hope they release mod tools to allow players to tweak the stats of the various units like they did with C&C 1 and then id tweak it into being to my liking.

My rating: 3 out of 10.

The core C and C games were pretty much all fast paced, it was the Red Alert/Generals branches that took the more tactical approach.

I liked both ways myself, but really depends on my mood and how badly the computer was kicking my butt that dictates how much I liked it

well yes but ... whats tactical about building a mammoth tank and zone troopers and just throwing them in there to shoot everything and win?

I tried to win the demo map and the skirmish using only riflemen and rocket infantry and the mortar jeep but got repeatedly beaten since a single enemy tank just anhiliated over 30 of my bunkered down infantry in very short time.

snipers+the walker tank (artillery) was interesting though .