UC 2.00.16 Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

Check the reg page. The online VCF has also been updated.

You have to positively read the VCF before applying this patch. You have been warned.

For those of you new to UC. You need to install the v2.00.00 patch first, before installing this patch on top of it.

The MD5 hash file is also on the page. You can use a program such as WinMD5 to compare this hash against the file you downloaded. To check the download's MD5 hash, do the following:

1. download the patch and extract the contents into the game install folder.
  2. Run winMD5 (or similar program)
  3. Go to File/Open MD5 file and load the patch MD5 file located in the game install folder.
  4. Go to File/Open File and load the patch file you downloaded above.
  5. If winMD5 reports the status as good, then your patch downloaded correctly and can be used to patch the game.

I have actually been working on the MP patch off and on and there are some fixes in the 2.00.16 related to that though I didn't include VCF entries because this 2.00.16 patch was purely incidental due to problems some were having with the [recently pulled] 2.00.15 patch.

I am working on the critical MP issues (listed at the bottom of the VCF) here and there as I find time; since I'm primarily working on UCHI/UCHTL now. But MP kernel bug fixes in UC have to be fixed for the UCHI kernel anyway; so never fear, I'm on it.

Hey, sorry ive been out of the loop for a while

and my current version is v2.00.07 i was wondering if i wil have to reinstall and use 2.00.00 or can i just install v2.00.16??

also does v2.00.00 now contain everything up to v2.00.16?

quote:

Originally posted by XOR:

1: Hey, sorry ive been out of the loop for a while and my current version is v2.00.07 i was wondering if i wil have to reinstall and use 2.00.00 or can i just install v2.00.16??

2: also does v2.00.00 now contain everything up to v2.00.16?

1: No you don't need to do a fresh install (Unless you want to. If you do, just make sure you install ver 2.00.00 and then 2.00.16). Just go ahead and install the 2.00.16 over the 2.00.07.

2: 2.00.00 was a major patch from the original retail version and does not contain anything above that.

Yup, except it doesn't contain the 2.00.00 patch content that's why you need to install that one first before anything above that version.

Also, don't forget to place the patch file into the game directory before running the patch.

[ 10-22-2004, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: LostInSpace ]