The Phantom Game Console

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That thing looks just like my modem O.o. Can I play games on my modem WHY YES, YES I CAN! It appears to be some dumbed down verison of connect four or revsi . . . oh wait those flashing lights aren't a game. SHIT!

• 4 months later...

I dont care who they signed up, no one has seen a beta unit, a factory they are being built or anything save hot air surrounding this thing. Only an idiot would sign up to preorder something that dont exist. I'd just as soon sign up to preorder a Klingon disrupter, at least I've actually seen a mock up that wasnt a 3-d rendering. What a maroon!

Anyone want to wager that the FBI is looking for this guy?

He's got Flim Flam written all over him. LOL Poor Kevin, I wonder who signs his Paychecks?...

Krusty the Klown? That's who used to sign his paychecks

Oh and Race, Noone is going to see a beta unit of this piece of junk. The guy is living the high life off of suckers by using smoke and mirrors. He's there one second Dazzling everyone with his brilliance, then *POOF* the smoke pot goes off and he disappears, leaving everyone baffled and holding a handful of Bull Sh*t.

• 2 weeks later...

the pics of the console are still 3D renders, even the pic of the back.

And if ever it's a real thing, i think the fact that it relies completely on game downloads will be a turn-down. If, for some reason, it becomes popular, how long would it take for the console to be download a high-profile game like Unreal 2 or Doom 3 (whenever that comes out)? We're talking about a 700+ megs download, and unless infinium labs have a deal with fileplanet the speeds will not be stellar.

And since it,s being compared to a pc, would it be able to play feature-rich games which are also CPU hogs like the BC games, X2, homeworld 2 or even simpler games like planetside which still requires uber hardware to play well?

.. or will it only have simple games for simple minds?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Grayfox

quote:

Aim too far ahead and technology may not be able to play your game, aim too low andÔǪwell, ÔÇÿDaikatanaÔÇÖ anyone?

i knew it!!! i knew romero was part of the development team

explains the whole phantom/vaporware thing.

• 1 month later...

You know, I might have actually considered getting a Phantom if it wasn't for all of this 'premium games' business. I can see the angry mobs at Best Buy, now:

"So, let me get this straight. I have to pay $30 per month to have access to a bunch of mediocre games, and still get banged for the full price of any decent game? So, basically, I'm getting smacked with an extra $30 to save $5 of gas to go the mall? I have a better idea. It's called Amazon.com. Take this piece of trash back and cancel my subscription immediately."