Thinking of buying a console... help?

Im not a fan of consoles as I like computer games a lot more (specifically online MMPOG's).

However of late I do not have time to spend on the computer playing an MMPOG and I do not find satisfaction on any single player game for the pc. I bought OBLIVION... thought it was nice 'n all but .... after playing it a week I stopped. It made no sense to play a game like that without other people.

So im looking now at some consoles.

But I dont know much about them.

Been looking at the games and titles and did some demo playing of games set up in stores.

So far I think the Playstation seems to offer more.. both in variety of the titles and their fun factor. Plus most of the stuff from Japan comes exclusive in Playstation so for anime freaks like me this is good. Price is good too $129 for a PS2 is not so bad.

So I have a question: Is the PS3 out yet? If so, do PS2 games run on the PS3?

X-Box is too pricy and the controller too bulky for my tastes. The titles seems to be geared more to 12 year olds and 30 year old closet pimps... pure graphics and little content games from what ive seen.

Are there any other consoles out there?

The PS3 is scheduled for release around early November 2006

Yes PS2 games will run on the PS3.

There has been a rumor going around about a revolutionary new console called the Phantom game console. So far it's just vaporware.

Now, I have a question...

If you don't have time to play PC games, what difference will a PS3 make?

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

The PS3 is scheduled for release around early November 2006

Yes PS2 games will run on the PS3.

There has been a rumor going around about a revolutionary new console called the Phantom game console. So far it's just vaporware.

Now, I have a question...

If you don't have time to play PC games, what difference will a PS3 make?

Oh don't drag that phantom in here it's where the Duke Nukem' forever is.

pc games for me are online MMPOGs... take time. There is no single player game that i can buy that is play & have fun for the 30 minutes I have.

Its silly but i began to think on getting a console after playing a SIMPSONS game on the PS2 and then a week later playing Final Fantasy 7 on my cousins' console... the inner anime geek in me was having joygasms.

If you are looking for a variety of games, get a PS/2. You can pick one up for cheap.

Or you can wait for the PS/3 which is rumored to play PS/2 games. Get ready to take out that second mortgage to pay for it though.

As for the XBox controller, you can get the smaller one, which is what the new XB360 one is based on. It is a tad smaller and more comfortable.