Differences Betweeen Ucse & Ucce

The product info PDF file has been updated and revised in order to clearly highlight the differences between UCSE and UCCE.

Simply put, apart from the additional content, UCCE is based on the UCSE v1.00.03 engine, plus everything listed on page 4 of the product info.

Note that multiplayer servers will allow UCSE and UCCE clients to connect, but not UCAWA or any previous titles. You can also view the VCF for UCCE.

• 2 years later...

I like UC but ground combat is more of a snipe fest :) . the ship models are amazing but I would like the PTA guns to have animation. I liked the fish in the water i loved getting shot down and on my view screen and fish are swimming. I like the mining drones but I would love some kind of animation like the drills going into the ground and rotating. So the drones will be stationary and depending on location the drone will mine resources. Say the sourvey computer detects gold. on the mini map a gold icon will appear and when the drone is in that area it can mine gold. Then hauler trucks will take the resource back to the shuttle or if you want a Resource shuttle. then the shuttle will automatically take the resources to the players ship or his base if the player has built one. I can go on and on but I would like some feed back on what anyone thinks of my ideas i have more though lolz. :looksaround: cheers to derek smart his games are innovative and unique no other game comes close in scale or concept not even halo. :sm_fifty:

Not Found

The requested URL /site/index.php/ucce was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

----------

Link's broken SC. (if you havent noticed)

Try this.

-Sho

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I felt in love with the free Universal Combat v2.00.31 witch i downloaded a few days ago.

Apparently, it does not contain the Multiplayer support...

Witch version should I buy to have the maximum amount of content (mission scenario, campaigns...) and multiplayer support ?

- CollectorsÆ Edition v2.0 (is the store downladed product patched to 2.00.31 ?)

or

- Universal Combat û Special Edition (patched to 1.00.05)

Best regards

Hi curson.

I would suggest Collectors Edition for you. We use that for Multiplayer instead of special edition around here.

I would suggesst you get the version before the latest version. The latest one requires a very very good computer to run it smoothly

Hi curson.

I would suggest Collectors Edition for you. We use that for Multiplayer instead of special edition around here.

I would suggesst you get the version before the latest version. The latest one requires a very very good computer to run it smoothly

UCSE can still play with UCCE. Since you want MP don't get 2.0, it has zero multiplayer support.

Thanks for your replies ! I'm still a bit confused...

In order to have the most complete edition with MP support I should:

1/ Get UCCE 1

2/ Upgrade it to the last version (is it 2.00.30 or 1.01.04 ?) throught patches gathered across the web

or

Get the BUNDLE #2: $44.99

Includes the following games:

Universal Combat Collectors Edition (v1.01.04)

Universal Combat Collectors Edition v2.0 (v2.00.01, stand-alone game, not a patch)

Universal Combat Special Edition (v1.00.05)

and launching from the UCCE 1.01.04 for MP ?

1/ Get UCCE 1

2/ Upgrade it to the last version (is it 2.00.30 or 1.01.04 ?) throught patches gathered across the web

or

Universal Combat Collectors Edition v2.0 (v2.00.01, stand-alone game, not a patch)

If you go with the first option upgrade to 1.01.04. If you go with the second one launching 1.01.04 for MP would be correct.

1/ Get UCCE 1

or

You only have ONE option if you want multiplayer. And that is to purchase the *original* UCCE game. Depending on the version that you buy, you MAY have to upgrade to 1.01.04. e.g. if you buy from BMT Micro, then you don't need to patch because the full build is 1.01.04. If you buy from anywhere else (e.g. Direct2Drive, Gamers Gate etc), then you need to patch to the latest (1.01.04), since they have the original build. When you run the game, the current version will be displayed in the main menu.

You should NOT upgrade or purchase v2.0 if multiplayer is what you are after. Both v1 and v2 are totally different builds and which can be installed separately.

So, who's going to jump on curson and try to recruit him?

Before this thread derails, I'll say one thing: We better get him before GalCom does! :P

-Sho

Even in UCCE I cannot see any servers up, ever :(

Does anyone have the possibility of having a permanent (or, at least, temporary) server up and running? Derek, Supreme Commander, Sir! Could you maybe do us this big favour? :) .... just to keep us in shape until GCO arrives (one year from now?).

Keeping my hopes up :)

Unluckily I doubt my connection is beefy or unused enough to host a permanent server. However, organizing some MP games might be possible.