New Shots Released

Very nice space background and long range laser graphics. Can't wait to see a ton of long range lasers going off from capital ships and space stations. The battles should be spectacular.

Yeah, the battles are far more spectacular than in our previous games, not only because of the vamped up graphics, but also because you're stuck in a lowly fighter that gets jolted (yeah, we've got that whole shaking the ship violently when hit) each time you take a direct hit. Its quite fun actually, especially if you use an XB360 controller which has vibration to go with the jolting of the ship.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Yeah, the battles are far more spectacular than in our previous games, not only because of the vamped up graphics, but also because you're stuck in a lowly fighter that gets jolted (yeah, we've got that whole shaking the ship violently when hit) each time you take a direct hit. Its quite fun actually, especially if you use an XB360 controller which has vibration to go with the jolting of the ship.

hehe, I remember YEARS ago, you said, "There isn't force feedback on my games and there never will be", or something to that effect. Never say never.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Actually it was in the FAQ (it probably still is) and is related to support for force feedback joysticks. Tech has come a long way and the XB360 gamepad is totally different.

I'm just bustin on ya, it sounds fantastic, I can't wait to play it. When is it that they'll have it on GT, next month?

• 1 month later...

Release some new shots this month. The ones today show the revisions to the planetary terrain engine. Talon Elite uses a brand new terrain engine and looks about 100x better. Just wait'll until the first shots show up; you'll crap your pants.

05-10-07

05-17-07

I think he's referring to the EFP floating in space (10-05-07 set of shots) though the reflected sunset in photo26 of the other set is pretty awesome. Does that reflection move with the waves, or is it stationary?

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

I think he's referring to the EFP floating in space (10-05-07 set of shots)

Ah yes. NPC pilots will either eject (before it blows up) or get blown out of their fighters if they're in it when it goes boom.

quote:

though the reflected sunset in photo26 of the other set is pretty awesome. Does that reflection move with the waves, or is it stationary?

Yes, it moves.

• 9 months later...

A set of twenty-eight 1080p (1920x1080) shots have been released

Equipment used:

MONITOR:

42" Westinghouse LVM-42W2 1080p display @ 1920x1080 (native resolution @ 16:10 aspect ratio)

SYSTEM:

Windows Vista Home Premium

Intel Core2Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz

2GB Kingston DDR2-666 RAM

PNY nVidia 8800GTS 640MB video card

Creative Labs X-Fi sound card output to DTS receiver via Creative Labs Home Theater DTS-610

Saitek AV8R-01 joystick

XBOX 360 Controller for Windows

• 2 weeks later...
those slackers at direct2drive are saying they're not gonna have the download available until 3/7... argh! although I guess that is in time for the weekend :)

They're right. We're not going Gold until 03/03

Anyway, where did you see that posted? Did you pre-order and get a notification?

They're right. We're not going Gold until 03/03

Anyway, where did you see that posted? Did you pre-order and get a notification?

They added a note to the pre-order page for the game (link). They added that pretty recently. I checked a week earlier and there was no mention of it. Anyway, time to re-schedule my weekend :)